Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you fear most in the NFC EAST?

My order

#1 - Giants (Excluding Eli they have a complete team)
    #2 - Washington (Brunell is the weak link too and the o-line is bad)
    #3 - Dallas (I don't buy that hype machine for two seconds)
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

No one.

Comment

1. Giants - I think they have some outstanding players and unlike most people here I think Eli will show a little more poise this year than he has in the past. My only question is how much longer Tiki can continue to be a top RB in the league. He turned 31 in April so e's really pushing the limits on NFL RB's, but last year was one of his best years ever. If he continues to be such a huge player for them he makes up for a lot of Eli's mistakes. If Tiki begins to show his age, Eli's problems and shortcomings will be even bigger. These two guys will determine whether NY fights for the division or looks for a high draft pick next year. My money is that they come back right where they left off.

2. Dallas - Say what you want, but that defense was formidable last year when they weren't playing catch up and TO makes them better. Add to that that Parcells is one shred s-o-b head coach who finds ways to win when he has too. I have to think Jerry is growing tired of losing and this will be the year that they go all out to make something happen.

3. Washington (on paper) is a damned good team and Gibbs is still a very smart coach. But Brunell has problems and won't be able to avoid the pressure that defenses like the Eagles and Dallas will show him. Their WR should be awesome and Portis is still capable of running it in from anywhere on the field. The biggest problem with this team remains a clueless owner. If he allows Gibbs to make the moves Washington could be a solid team, but Danny will screw them up someway, somehow.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The Doctors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hospitals!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Fake Phony exibition games!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
          The Doctors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hospitals!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Fake Phony exibition games!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Couldn't have said it better myself.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Giants. To me, they're our main competition for the division crown.

Comment

Fear no opne really, but Dallas has the ingredients, and leadership to be troublesome. I think we'll be very good, and I think last year was an eye opener for this team, and I hope revenge and payback for the insults drive this team forward.
              Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Seriously, even though I kinda was above, I think the Giants have the most balance of the 3... but again health could play a major major role in this division,,, if either Bledsoe or Brunell go down either of those teams are done.

And yes I understand that if any QB goes down it puts a major hurting on your team, but these guys both carry more of a risk than Eli or #5 do, IMO. Both are older and both escaped last year relatively healthy-- the odds, IMO, WILL catch up to them!

Comment

Here's my thinking:

1) Coughlin burns out his teams rather quickly. I think we'll see them take a step back this year.

2) Washington - they will go as far as Brunell takes them and that could be a tenuous situation.

3) Dallas - they will be a circus with TO and it won't take long for Parcells and TO to come to blows.

I think #1 leads to mediocrity for NY. I think the defense will make Washington decent regardless and the potential of Dallas is formidable but they could be hot or cold.

I say the Skins should be the most feared and I'm not that scared.

Comment

I actually fear the Giants the least.

I think they have the worst defense of the three. That's just relatively speaking, though. All three are good. Arrington might change that. I'm not sure that Madison and McQuarters are everything the media would have us believe.

Offensively, are we going to see the Plaxico from the beginning of the season or the end? Shockey is a stud. I hate him, but he is. Amani is on the decline. Still dangerous, but on the decline nonetheless.

Tiki is amazing. I won't get into, "But he has to fall off sometime!" I don't know. Maybe he'll be awesome into his late 30s. Great football player.

Eli? Same as Plax. Which Eli plays this season?

I think the Giants are a good team that is an injury or two away from the bottom. They were essentially injury free last year. Good luck replicating that with all the age on that team. Plus, they only get 8 home games this year.

The Skins and Boys are equally scary to me. Real good Ds with good but slightly questionable playcallers. I think both will have very good regular seasons, but the inconsistency from the QBs will keep them from being there late in the year.

Us? Stay healthy. Play hard. I think the talent is there. But we might be in a situation like San Diego last year: good enough team, tough schedule.

All four teams need things to break their way.

Comment

I'll go with:

Giants - agree on them being a complete team except for Eli
                      Dallas - like it or not, TO makes them a very very good team
                      Washington - fuck em. Another year of high expectations for Redskins fans, another failure. They were lucky to get into the playoffs last year and I was so happy Seattle beat them.

Comment

My biggest fear? The possibility that Joe Gibbs or Bill Parcells would outcoach Andy Reid in a big game. Reality checks: Gibbs is burdened by his owner and he isn't lining up with the 1982-83 Skins...Parcells doesn't have Belichick on his sideline, but does have a very talented though very psychotic WR in his locker room.....
                        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
                          My biggest fear? The possibility that Joe Gibbs or Bill Parcells would outcoach Andy Reid in a big game. Reality checks: Gibbs is burdened by his owner and he isn't lining up with the 1982-83 Skins...Parcells doesn't have Belichick on his sideline, but does have a very talented though very psychotic WR in his locker room.....
                          Has that happened yet? I'm trying to remember each of our losses to Dallas and Washington in recent years. One of them last year was a fluke interception by McNabb.

I remember winning at least 3 close games over the past 3 years with Washington (the failed 2 pt conversion) and Dallas (the Roy Williams horsecollars TO game), but I'd have to go back over highlights to remember if it came down to pure coaching decisions. Clearly Reid has shown he can win a dogfight with those coaches when his star QB and most of his defense is healthy.

Comment

Good point, 2nd! The negadelphian in me took the stage for a minute
                            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd and Arch
                              One of them last year was a fluke interception by McNabb.
                              I wanted to kill McNabb after that play. Not sure fluke is the right word.

Comment

Working...
                              X