Hey Kolb lovers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good posts YPCM.
    I'm not going to sit here and say Kolb definitely has it but I will say we haven't seen enough to know if he does or he doesn't. He blew chunks yesterday and he didn't see the field; well I'll tell you adamantly that the injured starting QB of this team didn't see the whole field for a hell of a lot longer than five games. And the former star QB of this team missed a whole lot of the field his first few years. Both of those guys took more than a couple of games to become what they are--and that is half way great QBs not HoF QBs.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
      Everybody says Bobby Hoying as the cautionary tale with Kevin Kolb, but when I watch him I see Ty Detmer.
      Well you should be excited about this weeks game then, maybe Kolb will break his arm.

(Yes, I know it was Koy, but all those Detmers play the same)

Comment

Maybe someone can help me -

I was watching PTI and the first topic was the Eagles. They went on to bash Kolb for throwing underneath and not stretching the defense.

Then the next topic was Bears/Giants, and they brought up how Cutler was at fault for those sacks for holding onto the ball for too long and not taking what the defense gives him and throwing too many INT's.

How are you suppose to win?

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post

I was watching PTI and the first topic was the Eagles. They went on to bash Kolb for throwing underneath and not stretching the defense.

Then the next topic was Bears/Giants, and they brought up how Cutler was at fault for those sacks for holding onto the ball for too long and not taking what the defense gives him and throwing too many INT's.

Clone Mike Vick. Every team should have one because he's the savior.

But I get your point. The media are a bunch of know nothing whores. Once Vick falters they will be saying how Reid never should have trusted a QB like him yet they went along for the ride too!
          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

You certainly make a valid point, but the answer is probably somewhere inbetween. I think if we've learned anything from the Reid era it's the affects of extremes. Every NFL defense (for the most part) can defend something if they know it's coming and you do the same thing over and over. So what Kolb needs to do is mix it up. Throw deep enough to keep the defense honest, but take the underneath throws when they are obvious. What Cutler needs to do is not take SO many chances down field and take those obvious 5-10 yard gains every now and then to keep the chains moving. It's sometimes amazing how often teams and QB's fall into those kind of traps. Mix up the game, people. Mix the run with the pass. Mix the deep ball with the underneath stuff. It sounds simple, but how often do we see teams forget that?

Comment

Kolb had time and receivers were running routes that he should have hit. Blame goes on him IMHO

Bears did seem to be running vertical deep routes and he did not have time to throw. Blame is split between him and Martz IMHO. They did not make adjustments

Comment

great point dickau.

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                . Once Vick falters they will be saying how Reid never should have trusted a QB like him yet they went along for the ride too!
                you know much like the anticipated booing of McNabb, if the media is wrong about something, they'll just gloss over it. Maybe mention in passing that Vick was awesome in two games. Or maybe they'll blame Eagles fans for propping up Vick. Then make up a story about how we cheered when he went down.

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                You certainly make a valid point, but the answer is probably somewhere inbetween. I think if we've learned anything from the Reid era it's the affects of extremes. Every NFL defense (for the most part) can defend something if they know it's coming and you do the same thing over and over. So what Kolb needs to do is mix it up. Throw deep enough to keep the defense honest, but take the underneath throws when they are obvious. What Cutler needs to do is not take SO many chances down field and take those obvious 5-10 yard gains every now and then to keep the chains moving. It's sometimes amazing how often teams and QB's fall into those kind of traps. Mix up the game, people. Mix the run with the pass. Mix the deep ball with the underneath stuff. It sounds simple, but how often do we see teams forget that?
                I think in the beginning of the game, Kolb made good reads and dinked and dunked because that's what was given to him. Then towards the end, the Redskins adjusted but neither Kolb nor AR/MM adjusted their game plan. You can't call a game the same way for 3 quarters and expect to win. (Although we almost did, which shows you how shitty Washington is.. and by extension, how shitty we are.)

Comment

Working...
                X