No announcement yet.

Watching the tape...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm telling you what *I* am seeing on tape. If someone else has another interpretation of a play, by all means...

but is it really that hard to watch a play, see a ball thrown 12 inches behind Sellers running left to right and conclude the ball was thrown poorly? It's not like he was throwing to a spot and Sellers failed to get there. He's watching him cross the middle and throws it behind him.

I mean, if Kyle Shanahan called the play to be thrown 12 inches behind the receiver, then I guess I'm wrong on my assessment.

Most people here have access to the game tape, we can discuss any play you want. If I am seeing cover 2 and you're seeing something else, that's fine. Like I said, i don't have all the angles and I could absolutely be wrong on particular plays.
    Last edited by sfphillyfan; 10-05-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Fine. If you will put any creedence into Reid's own response about how Kolb performed, it was the uninspired"he did some good things, there were some plays he'd like to have back" comment in response to questions about Kolb's performance. You make it out like he played a near perfect game....but for two plays. Sheesh, gimme a break, Vin. Reid's response about Vicks play was near jubilant. And HE didn't play a perfect game.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Fresh - why would you ever take anything Reid says at face value?

Reid was only effusive on Vick's play during the announcement that Vick would be his starter. You don't even have to watch the pressers of the postgame of the Packers and Lions game and you can basically guess what he said about Vick: "(pant) Vick did some good things (pant) and some bad things (pant). He did a good job on some plays (pant) and there are some plays he'd like to get back (pant.)" And then he probably mixed in a "I'm not gonna get into that." and a "we'll look at the tape."

Would you bet me a donut his pc didn't sound something similar to that? No you wouldn't because Reid said the same thing about Doug Pederson and you know this!

And I bet you extra chocolate sprinkles he says something along those lines after next week even if Vick is back.

But if you want to boil it down, yes, Kolb made some good plays and he made some bad plays. Reid is very very good at telling the "truth" without committing to something completely. I don't think I was over the top about Kolb's play. I said he looked "pretty damn good" on the one drive to end the half. (You'd have to be a staunch Kolb hater to say that driving a team down the field on quick crisp execution was not a good drive. It's not his fault Andy is a fucktard. I know chicks dig the long ball but if dink and dunk works, dink and dunk.)

And I said he didn't suck balls like a lot of people are claiming. And I chalked up 2 "really bad errors" to Kolb. That's not to say he didn't make other errors.

I believe John Lennon said it best when he said "All we are saying, is give Kolb a chance...." (I might be paraphrasing.)
        Last edited by sfphillyfan; 10-05-2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Well, I do agree that Kolb did look pretty good to me on that drive in the second quarter that ended with Big Red blowing it all up.

But I thought he regressed again in the second half. The screens weren't working and Kolb's only chance to move the ball depended on getting it out to Shady in space and hoping he'd make a couple of guys miss.

The Redskins saw what Kolb was doing in the second quarter and took away the screens in the second half. We really didn't have much to work with after that, other than Shady.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Shady was fantastic. (outside of that shitty momentum killing fumble) If shady can play the second half with a broken rib, he can play against SF! Shoot him up with drugs and send him out there!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
              I know chicks dig the long ball but if dink and dunk works, dink and dunk.)
              The problem with dink and dunk is that as the number of plays in a drive start to stack up that chances for a fuckup increase. A false start, a dropped pass, a holding call, or even your coach having a brain fart.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

so negative, leif.

A dink and dunk offense allows Andy to say "a pass is as good as a run!"

In all seriousness, this is Reid's system. When he realize DJ was the goods, he started airing it out more. But dink and dunk is Reid's middle name.

Hey, I'm not opposed to ditching dink and dunk, provided Andy is gone with it.

Comment

The Eagles have run a vertical spread offense since 2004, which the only real exception being the time when the Eagles completely changed their playcalling for Jeff Garcia.

Comment

Also, I might be looking at things with a negative slant, but my conclusions are based on statistical fact.

Comment

Working...
                    X