X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's some good news

G Cobb reports:

Colts are banged up pretty good
    One thing the Eagles have going for them this week as they prepare to take on a team and quarterback who have traditionally had their number, is the fact that they won’t be getting the Colts’ best shot. They are banged up to bejesus and back and will be missing a bunch of guys.

Not having Dallas Clark certainly hurts, but it’s even worse when you have to turn 324-pound guard Jacques McClendon into a tight end for the week. Yep, that’s what they are doing. Could this finally be a tight end that the Eagles can cover?

Also, one of the tougher guys in the NFL, Clint Session, won’t be playing either. This linebacker played last week with a dislocated elbow and broken forearm. But, it looks like it will stop there as he’ll need about two weeks off.

Also missing for the Colts will be Anthony Gonzalez (shocker), Joseph Addai, RB Mike Hart (getting thin at RB), Jerraud Powers and safety Bob Sanders (obviously).

The Colts are getting paper thin at a lot of positions, but unfortunately for the Eagles, Peyton Manning is the great equalizer. Just having him gives them a
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

a... a...

peach cobbler??

a what?!!??! HOLY JESUS I MUST KNOW!

Comment

Is this like one of those choose your own adventure books except you choose between endings to the article?

If you say hard on turn to page 56.

If you say peach cobbler turn to page 58.

If you say a great chance to beat the Eagles asses turn to page 60.
      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

If we don't beat them Sunday, we never will!!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          No question about it Popper THIS is the week to beat the Colts. We're well rested, healthy, and ready to kick ass. Birds WILL win on Sunday.
          LET'S GO BIRDS!!!
          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Who was that running back the Colts had that ran wild on us in 2002?
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

wouldn't it have been Edge?

Comment

No, Edge was out. They had some guy that didn't have a carry going into the game. I think he had over 150 yards rushing.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Found my answer:

The Philadelphia Eagles lost to another AFC team yesterday. This time, they got smoked by the Colts, 35-13. It was the worst loss since a 27-point loss to these same Colts in 1999. The Eagles, picked by many to not only get to the Super Bowl, but to also win, may not win it afterall. The Philadelphia Eagles may dominate the NFC, but when it comes to the AFC, they seem to wilt. Even Donovan McNabb had his 4th straight sub-par game. He completed only 27-of-47 passes and 281 yards and only 1 TD. And that came in the closing minutes of this game. It was perhaps, his worst game since his rookie year. During one 8 ½ minute stretch in the third quarter, he lost 2 fumbles and dropped a pass on 4th-and-1 halfback option play that was sure touchdown. His counterpart, Peyton Manning had a fantastic game, completing 18-of-23 passes (78%) for 319 yards and 3 TD's against a defense that had allowed only five touchdowns in it's last seven games. Also, Colt's rookie running back James Munro ran for 114 yards on 28 carries. The Eagles #2 ranked defense mounted almost no pressure on Manning and at the end of the game, had zero sacks. Manning was hit only once all game long.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Dude probably had 120 yards total in his career.

Comment

James Mungro from East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania! I remember it well - that was actually the only game from that season I wasn't able to watch, which turned out to be fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

This is probably true. Reid's record-after-bye vs Reid's record-vs-Peyton. *Something* has to give.

If things break right, and Peyton throws a couple of INTs, we stand a pretty good chance I think. But if we get behind, we're toast. Maybe Vick could have a couple of tricks if Freeney/Mathis get too aggressive and leave holes, but being forced to pass against that defense is usually asking for trouble.

Colts are usually an automatic loss for the Eagles, but there are enough variables this time around to make it very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                        X