Dismay in Dallas!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismay in Dallas!!!

I've been reading the Dallas papers today and just laughing my ass off at them! This is a great time to be a cowbiy hater!! Even LeBron James and TO got in some shots via twitter....

Just like many of the fans who visit our site, noted Cowboys fan LeBron James has seemingly had enough.
    The NBA star expressed his frustrations during the third quarter of the Cowboys' most recent loss to the Green Bay Packers Sunday night. From his Twitter account: @KingJames:
    Something has to change around Cowboy land. Some furniture moving asap. This is just ridiculous man!!!!!! C'Mon Son
    A few minutes later:
    Never thought I'd say this about my Cowboys but they are officially the worst team in the NFL right now even though the Bills are winless!
    James wasn't the only professional athlete chiming in through Twitter. Former Cowboy Terrell Owens also had something to say during the game. From his account: @terrellowens:
    There is a masacre goin on n Lambeau rite. Geez Louise!!!! Lol!

Here's my favorite of the day....

Cowlishaw: Cowboys fans need to stop showing up if they want Jerry Jones' attention

12:45 AM CST on Monday, November 8, 2010

COLUMN By TIM COWLISHAW / The Dallas Morning News

Column by TIM COWLISHAW / The Dallas Morning News | [email protected]

Tim Cowlishaw

At 1-7 following a 45-7 defeat in Green Bay that somehow topped the humiliation the Cowboys achieved in their last two losses to the Giants and Jacksonville, this team has become the Unwatchables.
    No place should be considered a safe haven for viewing a team that has quit so obviously it is embarrassing to all concerned
    Having seen the Cowboys lose in Washington, in Minnesota and at Cowboys Stadium this season, I tried something new Sunday night. I watched from home.
    NBC's broadcast was not unkind to a team that is currently playing below the level of the 0-8 Buffalo Bills. Seriously.
    Buffalo lost by three points to Chicago on Sunday. The Bills lost by three in overtime at Kansas City last week.
    Since they held an early misleading 10-0 lead on the Giants two weeks ago, just moments before they would lose Tony Romo, the Cowboys have been outscored, 121-49.
    The only thing that has been worse than an offense without Romo has been a defense without a pulse.
    Although the immediate focus once again will be on Wade Phillips' job status – and rightly so – the enduring image from the Cowboys' time on the national stage Sunday night should be Mike Jenkins completely quitting on an effort to make a tackle on Green Bay's fifth touchdown of the night.
    Jenkins playing in a Pro Bowl last season may one day rank with the Rangers' Roger Pavlik making an All-Star team.
    How did that ever happen?
    Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers ended a streak of quarterbacks throwing four touchdown passes against Dallas on Sunday night only because James Jones dropped what would have been Rodgers' fourth early in the fourth quarter.
    The Cowboys' defense has to be the worst tackling team in the NFL. It can't even be close at this point.
    And as NBC's cameras showed time after time, Wade Phillips' blitzes have to be the easiest to read. Certainly Rodgers had no trouble Sunday night just as Jacksonville's David Garrard ate them alive last week.
    I thought the Cowboys' lethargic play at home against the Jaguars had to mark the end of Phillips' time in Dallas. The head coach even took the blame after the game, but Jerry Jones refused to fire him.
    I have no idea if Jones will view this performance on a national stage as any more damaging. He said he has tough decisions to make and emphasized that he has multiple decisions regarding coaches and players on his hands.
    But only Jones knows when those decisions might be made.
    It remains difficult to talk about firing Phillips just to promote Jason Garrett when you watch how Garrett's offense performs. The only points this team managed Sunday came in the final two minutes of the first half, practically a Dez Bryant show all by himself.
    Other than that, the offense was awful, and yet it was more competitive than the defense.
    Phillips' man-to-man coverage was exposed by the Giants and the Jaguars, so it was hardly a surprise to see the Packers do the same, even though they were without wide receiver Donald Driver and tight end Jermichael Finley and running back Ryan Grant.
    In fact, the Packers' injury list is substantially longer than the Cowboys' and yet the team fights on.
    Not Dallas.
    A high draft picks awaits, but for Cowboys fans, the season is just now at the halfway mark. A decision must be made.
    If Jones refuses to fire Phillips – not that it would cure much, but would at least show signs of life – do Cowboys fans keep showing up for games?
    After next week's loss in New York, the Cowboys host Detroit and then New Orleans for the annual Thanksgiving game. If 75,000 people attend games and drink Jerry's beer and eat Jerry's hot dogs, can anyone really complain that the owner-general manager isn't paying attention?
    Jones always pays attention to the bottom line. It's far more significant than the Cowboys' spot at the bottom of the NFC East standings.
    One of those isn't going to change. Dallas isn't going to suddenly catch the Redskins. So it's going to be left to Cowboys' fans to do something about the other.

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus
Working...
X