No announcement yet.

So why did we sign Vince Young again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personnally, I think that we could bring in all Pittsburg's LBs and they would still suck here. Just about every LB that Reid has had the last 5 years here sucked. I mentioned in another post that guys leave here and are fine in other systems (note Gocung, Takeo Spikes, Dahani Jones). I really think these guys just don't have a clue what to do with a linebacker. I mean, they come right out and say that they don't "value" the position. WTF does that mean? I know that it translates into guys having career days against us.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think JJ used the LB's and lineman differently than what we need LB's to be now. He seemed to funnel everything to a tacling machine. We had Trotter in the middle, he went to Washington and did not do as well, came back and played well. Gocong is still growing into teh position and we may have given up too early. The others are not fittign our sytem becasue right now we have none.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
        Especially LB. Safetynneeds work, butngoing into the season with Mathews as our PLAN was simply assanine.
        It would have been so easy to keep Gaither or Bradley as common sense insurance.

Edit: Not to mention sign someone like Tulloch or Poz.
        Last edited by eagle eye; 10-28-2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          Also regarding Smith, you have to remember that Jackson was holding out for anew deal and Smith was thought to be a player who would compliment the offense since he had similar skills (although not the speed) of Jackson.
          Steve Smith similar to Djax? they're like complete opposite types of receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
            Steve Smith similar to Djax? they're like complete opposite types of receivers.
            Well, the Eagles FO probably thought "playmanker = playmaker". Before he got hurt, Steve Smith was the Giants best playmaker.

Bit em in the ass, but what can you do.

FO sucks.

Comment

Working...
            X