• Show
Clear All

Don't care in the least.
    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Looks like the NBA has a handshake agreement to end the lockout

Thats great! Now we can watch Evan Turner suck for 60 games instead of 82

Comment

I wish this thing could have lasted a couple years.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
          Looks like the NBA has a handshake agreement to end the lockout

Thats great! Now we can watch Evan Turner suck for 60 games instead of 82
          I can remember when the Sixers weren't an embarrassment. Guess that makes me pretty old.

If there was never another NBA game I'd be pleased!

Comment

Actually disappointed that they reached an agreement.
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
              Actually disappointed that they reached an agreement.
              I know what you mean BE.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I haven't really cared about the NBA since the mid to late 80's so I didn't really give a crap about the lockout. I held the view that if they made real changes and fixed the problems with the salaries and tried to rid themselves of the thugs they parade out as players I might regain some interest. From everything I've read about the new deal the idiot owners did nothing to actually fix the problems. Not only am I disappointed in this news but it actually pushes me further down the "couldn't care less" path.
                Last edited by Jukin; 11-26-2011, 06:40 PM.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Yawn

Comment

The thing is, the agreement didn't do a damn thing to change the game or the league to make it better. At least when the NHL had a lockout, things changed for the better.

Comment

Contraction should have been part of the deal.
                      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                        It could go either way in my mind stock. I see what you are saying but it could also lead to:
                        - inner city kids could transition to a sport that they actually have a future in
                        - the recruiting scandals could get worse as there will be even greater pressure for families to cash in at the college level
                        -the quality could actually lessen because schools turn away from kids they know will not graduate and won't leave early for the NBA which would impact their graduation rates, prestige, etc.

It would be interesting. I feel bad for the kids that went from the NCAA and into the draft this year. I'd bet a bunch of them flock to Europe very soon.
                        When kids leave early for the NBA that doesn't effect graduation rates? WTF is that shit.
                        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Well I guess I am the only one who is HAPPY!!!!!
                          Yeah, I can't wait to start watching the Piston's , it's been really strange not having those games on..

Comment

Working...
                          X