it's all academic from here on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's all academic from here on

we should be 6-1 or 7-0. we're 4-3, and have the "tough" part of the schedule to go. we've not closed out games, we turn it over too much, and we allow teams to drive the field when it matters.

we might make the playoffs, but we're not a legitimate contender.

oh, and our quarterback is too dumb to play the end of a half with no timeouts.
    socratee.spreadshirt.com

What exactly is the "tough" part of the schedule? I see Indy as potentially tough, but that's about it.

I see 11-5:

Jacksonville - just lost to Houston
    bye
    Washington - they're 2-5
    Tennessee - they suck
    @ Indy - tough
    Carolina - not a bad team but we've looked as good as them and as bad as them. This is at worst a toss up.
    @ Washington - again, 2-5
    @ NYG - revenge game
    @ Dallas - revenge game for them, but I personally expect Bledsoe to be dead by then and Romo sucks.
    Atlanta - they suck outside of the dome and Vick can't beat us.

So what's so tough about that? I'll throw in two losses wherever you'd like to put them - we're 11-5 and in the playoffs, likely as the Division Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by EFD
      What exactly is the "tough" part of the schedule? I see Indy as potentially tough, but that's about it.

I see 11-5:

bye
      Washington - they're 2-5
      Tennessee - they suck
      @ Indy - tough
      Carolina - not a bad team but we've looked as good as them and as bad as them. This is at worst a toss up.
      @ NYG - revenge game
      @ Dallas - revenge game for them, but I personally expect Bledsoe to be dead by then and Romo sucks.

So what's so tough about that? I'll throw in two losses wherever you'd like to put them - we're 11-5 and in the playoffs, likely as the Division Champ.
      sorry, just cant be this positive looking at the schedule after the last two weeks
      Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

unfortunately you cant really guess any of the last 8 games...

Washington is a division game...

And the way this team plays...forget about it. Flashes of brilliants, flashes of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by EFD

I see 11-5:

bye
          Washington - they're 2-5
          Tennessee - they suck
          @ Indy - tough
          @ NYG - revenge game

Right. Maybe they do turn it around and finish as you think but I really doubt it. What exactly have you seen the last two weeks that makes you think the Eagles are so much better than Carolina, Atlanta, Washington and Jacksonville? Right now the Birds are staring 8-8 in the face with losses to Indy, Wash once, NYG, Dallas and Carolina. In fact, if they lose next week, they are DONE and will be lucky to equal last year's win total.

We have all seen flashes from this team but there is something that is not right with them and unless they figure it out fast, this season will be lost.

Comment

i keep saying that this late bye is effing with the team, theyre not used to it
            Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

What has anyone seen all season long to indicate that this team can finish at 11-5 after the start they've had??

11-5?? You have got to be kidding me. I'd say 10-6 was overly optimistic at this point. Sure, a lot of people thought we'd win 11 or 12 games this year, but they didn't expect us to lose 3 games by now. And they sure didn't expect our defense to be allowing teams to drive up and down the field with the game hanging in the balance either.

Comment

How can you look at our remainng schedule and count ANYTHING as a win? We just lost to Fucking T A M P A !!!!!

And the way we have played the last two weeks, playing a total of 2 quality quarters out of two complete games, one could argue that we won't win another game.(fortunately however, someone else will bail us out by playing a game shittier than we do.)
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
                  What has anyone seen all season long to indicate that this team can finish at 11-5 after the start they've had??

11-5?? You have got to be kidding me. I'd say 10-6 was overly optimistic at this point. Sure, a lot of people thought we'd win 11 or 12 games this year, but they didn't expect us to lose 3 games by now. And they sure didn't expect our defense to be allowing teams to drive up and down the field with the game hanging in the balance either.
                  I've seen them dominate at times, and I've seen them suck balls at times. I've seen inconsistancy. Being that they're a pretty young team I think it's within the realm of possibility that they become more consistant as the season goes on.

So you think 10-6 is overly optimistic at this point. Tell me which games you think the Eagles have no chance of winning. Indy? The Panthers? Explain where they have no chance, and why you think they have no chance.

Comment

I wouldn't say that the Eagles have no chance of winning any of those games. I didn't say they had no chance. And, while they have done a good job of dominating the likes of GB, SF, and HOU, they've only beaten one team with a winning record, and even then they allowed a late game drive that got the other team in the redzone with time to score. You can be as optimisitic as you want, and drink all the green koolaid you can swallow, but from what I've seen, I'd say a split, something like 5-4 from here on out is a lot more realistic than 7-2.

I'm just being realistic based on what I've seen on a weekly basis since the season started.

Comment

Well, you asked what I had seen that indicates they could win 11. I told you. Yes, they've only beaten one team with a winning record but they've only played three teams with winning records. Of those I feel that the Saints game is the only legitimate loss. No excuses there, but if we're looking at the past to forecast the future then I'll throw that out there.

If Trent Cole doesn't kick the Giants OL in the balls and if some white trash kicker doesn't make the kick of his life then they're 6-1 and nobody questions whether they can go 7-2 going forward.

In any event, we're both guessing. I just wanted to know where this big "tough part of the schedule" was, because when I look at it I see teams just like the Eagles - all of them have flaws.

Comment

The Eagles are a mistake-prone team right now.
                        Cut out the errors and we could win out.
                        But there's no indication of that.

A 10-6 record would be great but it's going to
                        take a turnaround to get there. Right now,
                        are showing up but screwing up when it counts.
                        We could be a playoff team or rebuilding.
                        I'd like to see the team have a players-only meeting
                        this week to get their shit together.

Comment

Dont forget the Reid era is usually lights out in November and December.
                          10-6 is eminently doable. 11-5 isnt beyond reason.

There is nfw they keep losing games at the last second on dumb mistakes or flukey plays.

Comment

Originally posted by EFD
                            Well, you asked what I had seen that indicates they could win 11. I told you. Yes, they've only beaten one team with a winning record but they've only played three teams with winning records. Of those I feel that the Saints game is the only legitimate loss. No excuses there, but if we're looking at the past to forecast the future then I'll throw that out there.

If Trent Cole doesn't kick the Giants OL in the balls and if some white trash kicker doesn't make the kick of his life then they're 6-1 and nobody questions whether they can go 7-2 going forward.

In any event, we're both guessing. I just wanted to know where this big "tough part of the schedule" was, because when I look at it I see teams just like the Eagles - all of them have flaws.
                            If the Eagles were really a good team, that didn't make dumba$$ed mistakes on a regular basis, and had a defense that could get a single f'ing stop in crunchtime with the game on the line, I would agree with you. After last week, I predicted that Reid and Co would get things fixed. They didn't. And, I don't see anything to indicate that there will be some kind of miraculous turnabout in the second half of the season. Yea, these teams are all flawed. Well guess what? The Eagles are flawed too. So, a split, say 5-4 looks realistic. At this point, I hope they don't go in the f'ing tank and miss the playoffs.

Comment

Dude, it's simple:

1. Trent Cole can't kick players in the balls.
                              2. Kickers can't make 62 yard field goals with no time left on the clock.

If those two things don't happen then the Eagles are likely 6-1. As bad as the D has played and everything else, 6-1.

If those things continue to happen then I agree with you - the Eagles are definitely screwed.

Comment

Working...
                              X