McNabb training??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McNabb training??

Rich Hoffman today sorta took #5 (and the Eagles sorta) to the woodshed on his training regime.

Posed a couple of questions for me....

Did Hoffman even consult with the Eagles doc's or ANY doc's before he went that route?

And

I think the Eagles have given at least tacit approval for these workouts and frankly unless Hoffman has some sort of factual reason for these beliefs--- he needs to STFU.

And

My god what these guys won't find to fill column inches.

Thoughts?

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports ... y_football

Talk about nitpicking; I'm sure if McNabb was in Cherry Hill sitting by his pool all day this guy would be writing about McNabb putting on too much weight right before the season.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I think he's just looking for stuff to write about. It would have been better if he had actually given us a bit of insight into what McNabb is actually doing. I'm sure they've been through it with the docs and all. If he's overtraining, that is an issue, but that's for McNabb and the trainers and doctors to figure out, not some numbnutts "sports journalist."

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
        I'm sure they've been through it with the docs and all. If he's overtraining, that is an issue, but that's for McNabb and the trainers and doctors to figure out, not some numbnutts "sports journalist."
        Thus my -- he needs to STFU stance!

Comment

I didn't read the article, but is the gist of it that he's 'overtraining'??? You've got to be kidding me. He looks to be in great shape from what i've seen. I swear the Philly media has some sort of disease where they have to try and tear down anyone who's remotely successful in this town. It's really pretty disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
            I didn't read the article, but is the gist of it that he's 'overtraining'??? You've got to be kidding me. He looks to be in great shape from what i've seen. I swear the Philly media has some sort of disease where they have to try and tear down anyone who's remotely successful in this town. It's really pretty disgusting.
            Well SOT the gist was "Hmmmm you hurt yourself in Arizona last year, why not just take it easy and rest by the pool this spring, it's too important for you to screw it up again"

But he provides no support, whatsoever that 1. he even knows what training mcnabb is doing or that 2. that training is "over training".

My god he is a professional athlete and has access to a STAFF of team doctors plus I'm sure several of his own--- but some writer knows better.

Comment

Just lazy, bullshit journalism. And i'm sure he'll be on DNL today to 'defend' his 'article'.

That's why i don't read the papers anymore. I just get my news from the message boards/TV.

Comment

Well, unfortunately, being out of town, I tend to read what I can since I don't get to see the tv shows that you guys do.

Comment

Hoffman really does deserve a kick in the nutts for that article. For crying out loud, McNabb appears to be in the best shape he's been in since they drafted him. I swear, I could do a much better job as a beat writer than these guys. An article about a slimmed down, post TO, motivated McNabb, with some insight into his training regimen, and mindset during this offseason would be a great read. Instead, we get, you might hurt yourself, so sit by the pool and eat bon bons. Pathetic.

Comment

He wrote that on the crapper.
                    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                    Playoff Appearances:
                    NFC Title Games:
                    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                      I just get my news from the message boards/TV.
                      How scary is that?!! I right there with you.

Comment

You sure can tell it's the offseason when you read "articles" like that.How often have we read about guys out of shape(Hollis,Simon,Andrews)and now Hoffman says McNabb needs to rest since he's in great shape!
                        Give it up Rich,spend more time on the Phillies.
                        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

The Philly media would bash McNabb if he sneezed wrong...

The worst I saw was yesterday on Sportsnite when DGunn asked McNabb why he was less well "liked" by fans in this town than even Iverson who DGunn basically labeled as a jerk...McNabb again for the 34524567th time took the high road and said he cannot worry about any of that; he just needs to play well, help the team win and have fun doing it...

The question was either framed so McNabb would complain and thus look like the "wussy" many label him as or so he would react angrily, lash out and look bitter and arrogant as many have labeled him as...

Does anyone need to know again for the 44325678th time why McNabb does not answer these questions and just gives vanilla responses?
                          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Derrick Gunn is an ass.

Comment

OK... is anyone else bothered by the fact that swing's avatar isn't of the two fine ASU honeys?

Comment

Working...
                              X