• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy territory-maybe Mills is safe this weekend

Vrabel: Still throws Mariota cannot make with elbow injury
    Sep
    9/24/2018 1:58:11 PM
    |More
    Despite coming in to the game in relief of his normal backup Blaine Gabbert and leading the Tennessee Titans to a 9-6 upset win over the Jacksonville Jaguars, quarterback Marcus Mariota still has throws he cannot make due to an elbow injury according to Jim Wyatt of TitansOnline.com.

Mariota is paying with a nerve condition that affects the feeling in his hand. With Gabbert in the concussion protocol and unlikely to be cleared before next Sunday's Week 4
    matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles,it appears that Mariota will have to resume his starting gig whether he is ready or not. Mairota's passes against the Jags on Sunday could generously be described as wobbly floaters that were difficult for his receivers to catch but he exhibited impressive toughness, completing 12-of-18 for 100 yards and adding seven rushes for 51 yards. Coach Mike Vrabel hopes that with a week of preparation the offensive staff can come up with a bigger package of plays that Mariota can execute but we cannot expect much passing offense from the Titans anytime soon. The teams says it sees no need to sign a third QB, which seems to be an indication that Mariota's condition is improving. Somehow the Titans are 2-1 and tied with the Jags for first place in the AFC South despite Mariota's injury, the season-ending ACL tear for veteran tight end Delanie Walker, and injury issues with both of their starting tackles.
    Last edited by Eagle60; 09-25-2018, 10:55 PM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

sorry, but I like the way Mills is playing. Every CB in football is getting called or he isn't playing good defense . He made a handful of very good plays Sunday
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      sorry, but I like the way Mills is playing. Every CB in football is getting called or he isn't playing good defense . He made a handful of very good plays Sunday
      I agree MM. I'd rate him at B. Maybe B- but he plays with fire without getting stupid mouthing penalties even though he talks trash.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
      X