No announcement yet.

And BTW for those Reid bashers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well then Reid was covering for Akers last night because in the press conference he specifically said that he (Reid) called the play and didn't see the safety.

And I'm not sure what the safety had to do with it entirely because 3 guys were on Bartrum immediately. So even if GB was playing without a safety, that still would've been a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
      Photographs??
      Here's a photograph!
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
        Well then Reid was covering for Akers last night because in the press conference he specifically said that he (Reid) called the play and didn't see the safety.

And I'm not sure what the safety had to do with it entirely because 3 guys were on Bartrum immediately. So even if GB was playing without a safety, that still would've been a disaster.
        hehe yeah, cuz its so out of character for reid to cover for his players
        Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

FYI when you can spread them out like that....their implants.

the hardest thing for the plastic surgeon to create in a breast augmentation is good cleavage.

Comment

Even if you showed me video of AR calling the play, I would not believe it. But that's just me.....a guy who does not want to live another moment thinking we could ever have another coach as dumb as Rich Kotite. I refuse to believe AR could be that stupid.
            Pedro

Comment

Andy took the bullet, as he always does, for his player in the PC. I was soooooo f'ing pissed off when that happened too. I got up and went to take a leak and was angry.

Then I see Tony Bruno in front of me in the line in the bathroom and I asked him to please blast the fake FG on the radio. He laughed and said he would. Then he got nervous that me calling him by name would cause him to be recognized by more people and be mobbed.

Anyways, I saw the clip of Andy today after that play and the look on his face was "what the fuck was that".

Comment

It's obvious Reid didn't call it. And Harbaugh is too bright to call it.

Maybe Akers didn't want to attempt a super-long FG and miss and shake his confidence even more? (Just a thought, don't kill me for it)

Comment

Let me put this a better way: If Akers has full confidence in himself and full confidence in his holder, no way does he even DREAM about calling a fake in that impossible situation. He kicks it through and gives the Eagles the lead at halftime.

Comment

I agree with you SOT. If Akers did call it (and I'm sure someone on the field did, not a coach) then I am really starting to worry about him. That move reeks of a lack of confidence.

Comment

The rationale/standing rule they have is that whenever they see that there is no safety deep - he CAN audible to a fake.

Mistake one-- there was a safety there- he was just missed.

The problem was the down and distance and time were never factored into it... it was a stupid call even if there was no safety there, because of these particular circumstances.

Mistake 2-- can't be a robot- have to know the down and distance and total circumstance at the time, not just cause he didn't see a safety deep.

just my

Comment

Still waiting for a source, MD. Not because I don't trust you, but because I might or might NOT trust the source.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'm sorry,, I was up in Philly yesterday, at Childrens hospital(niece has CF) and those poor girls from the Lancaster shooting were there(as were about 20 TV Vans) and my brother in law had WIP on, both the afternoon guys (not sure who they are,,, Anthony?) and Eskin all said the same thing. And after hearing them, it cleared a lot of questions up for me.

All 3 guys stated very clearly that Akers audibled/called that play (2 of the 3 claimed that they had talked to people on the team and confirmed it) and not Reid based on the reasoning I posted above.

Comment

OK, sounds pretty legit. THis DOES make me wonder about Akers confidence then, if they sent him in to attempt that kick. And that is awful.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                              Btw, the term 'Reid bashers' has become outdated and improper, the politically correct term is anti-Reid Americans.
                              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I find it odd with Reid being the control freak that he is that he'd allow Akers the lee-way to do something like this. I believe the reports - I just find it odd he'd allow that much latitude to any player not named McNabb. I bet that latitude does not exist anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X