Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want Cole and Howard back on the same side together...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want Cole and Howard back on the same side together...

...With Howard sliding to tackle on 3rd-down passing situations.

This was a formula that was working with Kearse in the lineup for big pressure. i know favre was all about getting rid of the ball Monday night, but I still would have liked more pressure.

It's taken me a while to get on the Juqua Thomas bandwagon. But I've seen enough from him now that I'd like to see them go back to the previous rotation. Plus, I still believe in McDougle's talent. They could also activate Rayburn and slide Ramsay out to the end.

Cole revves his motor at such a high rate that he could burn out, and Dawkins has made public comments worrying about that possibility. I want this guy getting sacks in December and January.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Everyting but Ramsey at end?????? I agree with.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Ramsey played tackle and end in college and the coaches have mentioned being able to swing him out to defensive end if necessary.

it would really be Plan B in case McDougle and Thomas don't show enough. just a possibility because they have rayburn on the roster.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

You have to go with McDougle all 16 games if healthy here. Just go for it.

A former first round pick. Given him tons of chances. This is it. You get what you paid for either way.

Let it ride.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I agree go Move Howard back to the right side and start either McDougle or Juqua over on the left side.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Has it been so bad? Didn't both Howard and Cole each get a sack vs. SF? Didn't Favre throw 22 incompletions, at least 15 of which were awful hurried throws to avoid pressure? Is the experiment really a failure already?

Comment

I dont think we can judge our performace based on what happened with GB. Probably with Bledso too. He's gonna get rid of the ball quick. I want a good pressure line whowe can ALSO count on to be solid aginst the run this weelk.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
                Has it been so bad? Didn't both Howard and Cole each get a sack vs. SF? Didn't Favre throw 22 incompletions, at least 15 of which were awful hurried throws to avoid pressure? Is the experiment really a failure already?
                Bingo!

Comment

Did McDougle suit up on Monday? I don't remember seeing him.
                  www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by IMK

There was less pressure on Monday. IMO, Cole has not been as dominant hte last two weeks. I suspect he is a guy who needs to be watched carefully for signs of overuse.

The pass rush was so dominant early on that I think it's worthwhile to consider going back to the rotation that worked.

Plus, I think Juqua has stepped up -- it's as much an expression of confidence in Thomas as anything else.

Comment

Once again, there was pressure on 5 and 7 foot drops, just not sacks.

The rest of the time there were 3 step drops, the shotgun, and the routes were all under 8 yards--- it makes it look like there is no pressure.

I have no problem with Howard on the LDE, he did well in NO from that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                        Once again, there was pressure on 5 and 7 foot drops, just not sacks.

The rest of the time there were 3 step drops, the shotgun, and the routes were all under 8 yards--- it makes it look like there is no pressure.

I have no problem with Howard on the LDE, he did well in NO from that spot.

there was pressure in the second half, after they got a lead. but no pressure, nothing at all in the first half.

i understand why, to some extent. Favre was getting rid of it quickly. JJ wanted to protect the young corners. But it was still a little disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
                          There was less pressure on Monday. IMO, Cole has not been as dominant hte last two weeks. I suspect he is a guy who needs to be watched carefully for signs of overuse.

The pass rush was so dominant early on that I think it's worthwhile to consider going back to the rotation that worked.
                          The rotation 'that worked' included Jevon Kearse. You can't go back to that rotation.

Did you think Cole was going to get two sacks every week? I don't know what to tell you. Yes, the pass rush hasn't looked as good the last two games, but then again we weren't going to keep averaging 6.5 sacks a game, and especially not without our best DE. And since Reid is still running the two-line rotation, Cole isn't really going to be more overused now than he was before.

Comment

I think frustrating would be a better word in my case.

I just think that GB knew pressure was gonna come and game planned to avoid it-- I don't lay that on our DL, more their Game plan.

Now if Bledsoe takes 7 step drops and tries to go downfield, and we don't get close, then we have a problem, until then though, I like Howard on the left and as many speed guys as we can put on the right. Also I thought I still saw Howard move to guard several times in the GB game, and I like that also.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
                              Originally posted by Leonard Tose

The rotation 'that worked' included Jevon Kearse. You can't go back to that rotation.

Did you think Cole was going to get two sacks every week? I don't know what to tell you. Yes, the pass rush hasn't looked as good the last two games, but then again we weren't going to keep averaging 6.5 sacks a game, and especially not without our best DE. And since Reid is still running the two-line rotation, Cole isn't really going to be more overused now than he was before.

obviously kearse is a huge, huge loss and it's going to have an impact on the pass rush.

but JJ has not been running the two-line rotation at end. McDougle got very little time on Monday, much of it garbage time in the second half after the game was in hand. so it was three ends rotating -- Howard, Thomas, Cole -- for the most part.

because Cole has a very high motor, i'd like to see JJ stay true to the two-line rotation he had planned at the start of the year. He has gotten away from that the last two games.

Comment

Working...
                              X