Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kolb getting "antsy" sitting on the bench

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...e_bug_him.html

Anyone have any problems with what he said?

No. I have a problem that we used high #2 on a guy who will probably never play for us.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
      http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...e_bug_him.html

Anyone have any problems with what he said?

Absolutely not. I'd be worried if he didn't want to play. Everybody on any team at any level wants to play.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Hopefully, he's our Tommy Maddox. Drafted high, never sees the light of day for the team he's drafted by.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Personally, Im getting antsy at the thought of him LEAVING the bench

Comment

Fine with it. I hope his picks so far in real games don't make him gun shy. He might need some more success to help put that behind him. McNabb had a worse start to his career -- lots of sacks -- so there's plenty of hope there.
            Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 05-22-2009, 01:01 AM.
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

If you're happy stealing paychecks and holding a clipboard, then you're not a man. I'm glad he's upset.

Maybe someday he'll get to be our #1 and justify the 2nd round pick.

Comment

I don't have a problem with it. I also don't have a problem with using a high 2nd rounder on Kolb. At the time McNabb was coming off back to back season ending injuries that knocked out a team that went into the season as a ligit SB hopeful.

I think the idea wasn't just to get an heir apparent but also to have a guy that could come in and still give them a shot. That had just happened with Garcia, but when he decided to be non-committal and wanted to test the FA market, the team decided they weren't going to be in limbo and pulled the trigger on (hopefully) a young quality QB that could be a future starter or, if McNabb works out, a quality back up that still gives them a chance behind an injury prone starter. They just weren't going to go forward tying their future to McNabb's health.

Granted Kolb hasn't set the world on fire, but the jury is definitely still out at this point. He's actually looked better than McNabb, Cunningham, or any number of HOFers for that matter in the first action they saw (Norm Van Brocklin however was pretty good right outa the gate

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                  I don't have a problem with it. I also don't have a problem with using a high 2nd rounder on Kolb. At the time McNabb was coming off back to back season ending injuries that knocked out a team that went into the season as a ligit SB hopeful.

I think the idea wasn't just to get an heir apparent but also to have a guy that could come in and still give them a shot. That had just happened with Garcia, but when he decided to be non-committal and wanted to test the FA market, the team decided they weren't going to be in limbo and pulled the trigger on (hopefully) a young quality QB that could be a future starter or, if McNabb works out, a quality back up that still gives them a chance behind an injury prone starter. They just weren't going to go forward tying their future to McNabb's health.

Granted Kolb hasn't set the world on fire, but the jury is definitely still out at this point. He's actually looked better than McNabb, Cunningham, or any number of HOFers for that matter in the first action they saw (Norm Van Brocklin however was pretty good right outa the gate
                  Zactly...... what he said!

It's a non issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                    If you're happy stealing paychecks and holding a clipboard, then you're not a man. I'm glad he's upset.

Maybe someday he'll get to be our #1 and justify the 2nd round pick.
                    Personally, I think the Baltimore game gave us a glimpse that Kolb is an NFL QB especially since Baltimore is a top five NFL defense.

And who cares if he doesn't play for a couple years, he needs to understand the offense and reading defenses before being thrown into the fire. I'm glad he's antsy, better than being scared shitless.

And, since McNabb rarely makes it through a whole season before getting hurt, its nice to have a backup who knows no other system but the one he's learning.

Of course, it is a reporter so how much iof the article is a writer taking liberties.

Comment

Working...
                    X