No announcement yet.

Your feelings on McNabb.......NOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your feelings on McNabb.......NOW?

Originally posted by KevinKolb4SB
    The team plays better when they believe in the quarterback. Brady has comeback late so many times to win games, that the offensive and defensive players on his team never lose hope that he can do it again. With Mcnabb, he has failed so many times in the clutch, that that has to effect the overall psyche of the team. The confidence in the QB is not there some games. As for Brady, he won Super Bowls with whom at receiver? David Givens? Troy Brown? The receivers Mcnabb has now are every bit as good as those guys...People are vastly underrating Curtis and Brown on here, and the games with AJ as QB proved it. They get open, Mcnabb just doesn't anticipate throws so he is unable to get the ball there.
    Yeah, Brady looked great in that comeback win in the AFCCG last year. Oh wait that was Peyton Manning leading his team back over Brady's team.

But this is all besides the point. Pretty much anyone is going to pale in comparison with Tom Brady. What most of us are saying is that when healthy McNabb is a pretty good top 5 QB.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by kcas31
      Turn the question around. Put Brady on this team with Westbrook as his only true playmaker plus MM and AR with some of the most mindboggling playcalling you have ever seen and and OL that has been up and down all year. What do you get? 10-6 maybe 11-5? Do you think they go 15-0? Once again folks its a TEAM game! If the OL gives up 12 sacks Brady isnt beating anyone. If the defense decides to take the last 2 minutes of the game off like they did against the Bears you are not winning. If the coach decided not to employ a PR then yo are not winning. Sure Brady could have made some throws to change things but a completely HEALTHY McNabb could have done the same. Perhaps at this point in the season we are seeing a nearly 100% McNabb. If we are then I like our chances next year to be a playoff team even without wholesale changes. Give McNabb a few more playmakers (Crumpler, Clark Stallworth, Williams, Fitzgerald, Ocho Cinco any two of these) and a few chages on defense and then we are competing with the Pats and Colts for the SB.
      Put Brady on any team and he means 2 or 3 extra wins a year, which in the NFL is all the difference between making the playoffs and playing golf.
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Although I agree that McNabb is a solid starter who is not on the level of Manning or Brady......people are not giving Belichick enough credit, or his video crew. They won those SB's by all of three points each, and they almost didn't appear in one of those games thanks to a tuck rule. I know that the AFC is stronger than the NFC, but jeezus, only three points each?

And as for the Jeff Garcia Appreciation Society's rallying-the-troops bit, that really ignores what Marty M did with the playcalling, Westy did with his running, and Dawkins did with his defense. Ike Reese said just the other day on the radio (I heard him on the way home), "The QB doesn't affect how the rest of the team plays. Maybe you see a guy make plays and that gets you charged up, but if you need cheerleading to make you play, you shouldn't be there." He even said, "People use the word 'great' too much. Brady and Manning are great. Jeff Garcia's a good QB, I've got nothing but love for Jeff, but he's not a great QB."

He also added that he thinks that the Reid-McNabb tandem will not win a SB, though he thinks that McNabb should stay another year, and he felt that it's not 100% sure that he will be here next year. He also felt that McNabb's running ability (and overall play as a result) will get worse with age and wear and tear, and McNabb's moods and inconsistency do bug him, but what also bugs him is that we didn't do a good job of putting the right weapons around him, except for 2004.

Don't worry. If McNabb is that much of a cancer, or such a dulling influence in the locker room that he can't lead the team, he will be gone this offseason. I hope that Marty and Andy aren't so stupid that they ignore what goes on in their own locker room and keep such a guy around. And if they are that dumb, well, what difference does it make if McNabb, or Kolb, or Manning or Brady is on our team, if we have oblivious coaches leading it? Unless it's a case of the older players like Runyan and Dawk lying to Reid too, and tell him that things are fine, when really they're not.

Bill Parcells once said, "just because you know what the problem is, doesn't mean you can fix it right away." Well, whether it's this offseason (because a bunch of teams need a QB) or next offseason (because Kolb's had another year to learn, maybe a couple of games because McNabb got hurt, or because of his cap hit), this is really the time to see if the Eagles want McNabb gone or not. I'd understand if he's gone, but I think he'll be back one more year. I think that the only way that he'll stay past that, is if the Eagles return to the SB next year.
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
        X