Football 101 Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football 101 Interest

Are people interested in me posting a series of Football 101 threads? For those unaware, I started this series toward the end of my days at Philaphans with the goal in mind of learning more about various aspects of the game like blocking technique or OL/DL assignments or Cover 2 defenses, various WR pass patterns, WCO play calling etc.

People on the board would answer the questions collaboratively and then the results of each would be compiled in one main Football 101 thread for all to reference whenever they want....call it our knowledge base!

Please vote...thanks
    Yes, but only during off-season
    0.00%
    Yes, any time of the year
    100.00%
    No, never
    0.00%
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

I think I know a lot about football but I know there's more to learn. I'm all for this. Great idea.

Comment

I'm down with it. There's always more to learn.
      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I have always loved the idea of learning more -- especially the x' and o's and rules --- if done right.

Go for it.

Comment

I think its a great idea, not all of us are down with all the lingo, you definately got my vote, would love to learn more about football!!
          move the table...just once more!
          http://www.harmonyriley.com/comedy/

Comment

One thing i'd like to see discussed in depth is the concept of 'clock management'. It's a term that gets tossed around liberally whenever plays don't get into McNabb in time, or when the Eagles fail to score at the end of a half/game. IMO Reid takes a bad rap re: clock management. In fact, i find him to be pretty competent in that regard. Ditto McNabb.

What i'd like to see discussed are possibly the following:

- Who's got the sideline responsibility (along w/ AR) to keep track of the clocks and time outs.

- Logic of certain play calls during the hurry-up offense.

- Why sometimes plays seem to take forever to get to McNabb in the huddle. And whether it might be time for AR to relinguish some control of the play calling to Donovan (I think he's mature enough and savvy enough at this point to handle it).

- When to use time outs (early in the 2:00 min. drill as opposed to later)

Comment

Count me in. I love JRJ's posts, but some of the more detailed stuff may be as well written in Dutch for all the sense it makes to me.

Comment

I'm all for it, and I don't care if it's in season or not. As a matter of fact, there may be some relevance between what we can dig up for 101, and what's going on with the schedule during the season.

Comment

Well I think you guys know my position on this since I added the first two topics to this thread over at PP! I'm all for it and want to encourage all of you to join in - by asking the questions you want to know or adding an answer for a topic you're well versed in. This subject IMHO is one of the main reasons to read a sports message board. Learning more about the game is something most of us want and I think one of the main reasons JRJ's posts are so popular.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I look forward to learning from and contributing to this.
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Anytime of the year...by all means! With appologes to SOT, maybe AR will check out the board to improve his "clock management".

Comment

Working...
                      X