Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Heh, heh!) NFP-Did We Overhype The Cowboys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Heh, heh!) NFP-Did We Overhype The Cowboys?

Isn't an effective pass-rush a beautiful thing?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...boys-4633.html

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34909309/ns/sports-nfl/

“They supposedly had a high-powered offense coming in, but they didn’t get no points today,” Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams said. “They’re on the L side; we’re on the W side.”
    It sure didn’t help when left tackle Flozell Adams left the game in the first half with a leg injury. Backup Doug Free, who started seven games in the regular season at right tackle, tried to fill in.
    Even before Adams went down, Romo was under frequent pressure.
    “He was in a tough situation the entire game,” said tight end Jason Witten, who had 10 catches for 98 yards. “Just didn’t feel like he was in rhythm there, and they were doing a good job of keeping him out of rhythm. It’s hard when they get a lead like that and with the crowd noise.”

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ssless-and-bs/

PFT: Brookings Calls last TD "classless" and "B.S."

Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking took exception to the decision of the Vikings to throw for the end zone while leading by 24 late in Sunday's division-round game. Brooking made his views known at the time, and he made his views known afterward.

"
      I thought it was classless," Brooking said, via Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com. "I thought it was B.S. Granted, we get paid to stop them, but we had zero timeouts left. I didn't think there was any call for that."

Per Seifert, Vikings defensive tackle
      Pat Williams responded.

"We don't care what Keith Brooking says," Williams said. "He was about to get his ass whupped on our sideline over there. It don't matter. Nobody said anything when they blew out the Eagles [the past two weeks].
      "It's the playoffs. It ain't no regular-season game. If you lose, you go home. We take no pity on them. Do they expect us to? I don't care about no Brooking. He can say whatever he wants to say."
      Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe, who caught the final touchdown pass, was more contrite. With his tongue planted in his cheek. (And, hopefully, his other body parts planted behind a towel.)

"OK, we apologize," Shiancoe said. "I'm sorry. Better?"

We still think that no apologies -- real or sarcastic -- are needed. The Cowboys used their time outs when down by 24. Under the universal rules of Madden, a player who opts to prolong the agony invites more of it. If Dallas wanted to concede the game they should have simply let the clock run.

But, hey, it'll give us all something to talk about when the Cowboys return to the Metrodome during the 2010 season.

If the Vikings win two more, maybe it'll be the first game of the year

Comment

If anyone deserves a Nelson Hah Hah it' Keith brooking and the cowboys.

Suckas!

Comment

don't call timeouts down 24 with 3 minutes left then.

you think you are still in it... fine then you will get scored on again brooking you ass.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

"OK, we apologize," Shiancoe said. "I'm sorry. Better?"
            Hahahaha.

Comment

Romo played out of his mind for 2 games. Today reality kicked like a freaking mule.Sit down,shut up and epect a lot more asswhupping next year.Now somebody throttle Favre.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Just shows, once again, you aren't as good or bad as you look in any short window!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Just shows, once again, you aren't as good or bad as you look in any short window!
                  True.

Comment

Only thing that would have made it better is if the Vikings had gone for an onside kick after the last TD. It's never wrong to stick it to the Cowboys.

Comment

Win as a team, lose as a team...every week is different and in a one game scenario anything can happen

MD is right, one week they are the class of the NFC...the next they are the worst team on the planet--reality lies somewhere in between

The media hype machine also lost its other darling, the Chargers who choked majorly as they usually do this time of year...

And when Lord Favre gets smoked next week, they might not know what to do with themselves....

It is funny how the experts are wrong 99% of the time
                      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I hope that one of the Vikes said to the Cowgirl defenders, "Tell coach Wade he asked for this" just before scoring that last TD...........
                        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                        X