Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds receive 2 Comp picks

A pair of 6th rounders, # 224&225
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

This is good move up in the third round to get the guy you want ammo in my mind. Two sixth round picks could be used to move up 10-15 spots in the third round I think if a guy is sliding you want.

Jabrill Cox, Creed Humphrey, Greg Newsome, maybe a guy like Dylan Moses.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I think Cox is gonna be something special. I'd love to get him in the 3rd, but think he may get some last minute hype.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
        I think Cox is gonna be something special. I'd love to get him in the 3rd, but think he may get some last minute hype.
        The Quarterback Bitch:

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

We could have a pair of Cox on the sidelines
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

“You can never have too much Cox” - Michael Sam
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

For some reason I show them as 222 and 223 which really aren't a hell of a lot different. It may be a result of NE losing a pick. Anyway, I show pick 6, 37, 69, 84, 150, 156, 188, 222, 223, 232
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
                If we draft him we would have two Cox up the middle?

Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  We could have a pair of Cox on the sidelines

Comment

Apologies. Did not see the overwhelming support for multiple Cox when I posted mine, but good to know we all have similar views. Two Cox and a Johnson! Now If only Hurts could be So Good!
                    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

In all seriousness though, Jabrill Cox is a Kansas City key. He was a QB at Raytown South which is in the roughest part of KC. He played QB there for 3 years and was recruited by Nebraska but they wanted him to make a position change. So he went to NDSU and there finally agreed to a position change. I think he played some kind of a hybrid safety/LB position there and after 4 years and graduating he was recruited heavily by all the elite SEC programs and chose LSU.

The kid is kind of a physical freak at 6-3, 230 and runs very well... in the 4.6 range. Plus he appears to be super instinctive and plays with intelligence. I actually don't think he makes it out of the second round and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't turn out to be the best LB in this draft.

I would have zero problem if the Birds draft him at 37. I think he is an absolute stud.

If we come out of Day 1 and 2 with Kyle Pitts, Jabrill Cox, and a corner I'd be absolutely stoked.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        In all seriousness though, Jabrill Cox is a Kansas City key. He was a QB at Raytown South which is in the roughest part of KC. He played QB there for 3 years and was recruited by Nebraska but they wanted him to make a position change. So he went to NDSU and there finally agreed to a position change. I think he played some kind of a hybrid safety/LB position there and after 4 years and graduating he was recruited heavily by all the elite SEC programs and chose LSU.

The kid is kind of a physical freak at 6-3, 230 and runs very well... in the 4.6 range. Plus he appears to be super instinctive and plays with intelligence. I actually don't think he makes it out of the second round and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't turn out to be the best LB in this draft.

I would have zero problem if the Birds draft him at 37. I think he is an absolute stud.

If we come out of Day 1 and 2 with Kyle Pitts, Jabrill Cox, and a corner I'd be absolutely stoked.
                        Unfortunately so would a bunch of teams.

Comment

60... that is why I am not a trade down guy.

Just target guys that you think are going to be players and take them so you get them.

For me, Pitts and Cox are 6-10 year starters in the NFL. Pitts is potentially generational.

Just take them at 6 and 37 and plug them in.

Comment

So, two Cox, and a Johnson. Sounds like we will need to bring back Smallwood too.

Comment

I'm tired of getting gus named Milik, Desean, Tyree, Alshon etc. I want an asskicker named TYRONE! Now that's a name!

Comment

Working...
                              X