Jaylen Waddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaylen Waddle

Another possibility at #6. FWIW he is pals with Hurts already and is from Houson, TX as is Hurts. Hurts recently spoke about Waddle on Schefter's podcast. From Al.com, Alabama's local paper/website:

Asked during an appearance on “The Adam Schefter Podcast” about getting the Eagles to use their first pick on a former teammate, Hurts said: “I ain’t answering that one.”

But Hurts didn’t mind talking about the Crimson Tide wide receivers.

“He is different,” Hurts said of Waddle. “He’s a heck of a player. A great friend of mine, a little brother to me. The things he can do with the ball in his hands. His speed, athleticism, high-pointing the ball, all that, there’s not anything he can’t do.”

Waddle got off to a blazing start in 2020. But an ankle injury in the fifth game of the season on Oct. 24 kept Waddle sidelined until Alabama’s 52-24 victory over Ohio State in the CFP national championship game on Jan. 11.
    Overview from profile:

Overview
    Thrilling, game-breaking talent who will come into the league as one of the fastest receivers to ever play the game. His whereabouts pre-snap and post-snap must be accounted for at all times. Despite his size, he's a legitimate outside option, thanks to his ability to not only take the top off the defense, but also go up and win 50-50 throws. Waddle's adept at working all three levels, so it will be tough for defenses to predict how offenses will utilize him, as he has the potential to post a higher catch volume in the right offense. Waddle can instantly upgrade a team's scoring potential, whether it's with the deep ball, the catch-and-run or as a return man.

NFL Comp - Tyreek Hill
    All Combine and Draft-Related Analysis, News, Video, and Biographical Information for Jaylen Waddle

Would his selection be redundant with Reagor already on the roster? I'm not sure. Thoughts?

Comment

I still want to see what the guys they drafted last year can do but I am all about getting the best playmaker at pick 6
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        I still want to see what the guys they drafted last year can do but I am all about getting the best playmaker at pick 6
        Certainly agree ND but like I said our biggest need is skill players. There just aren't many on our roster. I'm hoping it's Pitts or Waddle right now.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
        X