Round 2/3 Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 2/3 Tonight

Some really great options still on the table for the Eagles tonight.

AT 37 They are going to get a guy who probably should have been a 1st round pick. There are 7-8 such guys left. I think fall into that plus a couple of more who should be top 37 picks.

1. Asante Samuel JR - As I said I before love the way this kid plays. Measurables are a concern and I do think ultimately he plays inside. Maddox is gone after 2021 so this is a huge need.
    2. Christian Barmore - Has medicals that is why he didn't go in round 1. But in round 2 he is worth the risk
    3. Azeez Ojulari DE - See Barmore
    4. Terrance Marshal WR - Could they go back to the WR well?
    5. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB
    6. Carlos Basham DE
    7. Elijah Moore WR
    8. Wyatt Davis G
    9. Pat Friermuth TE
    10. Davis Mills QB

At 70

1. Paulson Adebo CB
    2. Rodarius Williams CB
    3. Andre Cisco S
    4. Jabril Cox LB
    5. Jamar Jackson S
    6. Landon Dickerson C
    7. Jevon Holland S
    8. Kyle Trask QB
    9. Brevon Jordan TE
    10. Kenneth Gainwell RB

Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I might add the RB from NC at 37 and lets just be totally crazy and add enough weapons around Hurts that this works. In an ideal world, I like the Safety from TCU and then Cox at 70. . .

Comment

I like sticking to the lines in the early 2nd, particularly Barmore or Wyatt Davis. Did Javonta Williams go already? Clearly not a “need” but would be one heck of a backfield with Sanders (who I don’t think will ever stay healthy as a full-time back). If we truly want to see what Hurts can do maybe you load up on O this year.
      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Here are my top 5 for round 2:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
        Christian Barmore
        Jabrill Cox
        Creed Humphrey
        Elijah Moore

I am not sold on Asante Samuel Jr. I think Jabrill Cox is the best pure LB in the draft.

I also like Carlos Basham but I am not sure he is worth 37. Same with Davyion Nixon. I'd be OK with it. If I were the Birds I might try and move back 10-12 spots and pick up a third to do it. I want that third back somehow.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I think that I remember Barmore getting his crunched in his last home game. It was late in the season anyway.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

60, Barmore absolutely crushed people in the championship game; maybe that is what you are remembering
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

I would like Friermuth, but I think he will beat himself into a real short career . He will attempt to run over anyone
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Barmore was awesome in the title game. Great sign because the knock is he’s not always motivated and coaches have said he can be a challenge to coach.

no denying the talent when he gives it his all though. Many of those guys grow up and become studs in the NFL.

Comment

Landon Dickerson works for me
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Beast!!!
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I Fuc-in Hate injured players. If you want to take a chance in round seven fine. But with all their needs I see no reason to take a chance with him. ESPECIALLY with all the good players on the board
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                        Landon Dickerson works for me
                        Sure if you like drafting players who are not going to play this year. He tore is ACL in the Championship game. Couldn't even get off the couch to celebrate.

HORRIBLE PICK BY A HORRILBE GM. Year in and Year out he does this stuff and what do we have to show for it? One Pro Bowler who he traded away for nothing since he used that pick to trade up for a rail thin guy.

Comment

Would have liked it in round 3. Not really loving it as the 5th pick of the night. They had all night.

love the versatility. Concerned about all the injuries.

im sure Stout wanted this. Just hope the kid can be healthy

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

Sure if you like drafting players who are not going to play this year. He tore is ACL in the Championship game. Couldn't even get off the couch to celebrate.

HORRIBLE PICK BY A HORRILBE GM. Year in and Year out he does this stuff and what do we have to show for it? One Pro Bowler who he traded away for nothing since he used that pick to trade up for a rail thin guy.
                            Well you did have him on your list at 70. In this very thread

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post

Well you did have him on your list at 70. In this very thread
                              Indeed I did but 70 is so much different than 37. 37 should be a day one starter. At 70 he would have been good value and I would have been ok with sitting him for a year. At 37 I would have taken Sameul JR or Barmore. Both would contribute this year and in the case of Sameul would have started day 1.

Also three straight years that the first and second round pick were spent on offense. In fact its the 4th straight year the first pick was an offensive player. What do we have to show for it? One of the worst defenses in the league that is getting older by the moment. You simply can not add top tier talent to your defense for 4 consecutive years. In fact over that time the highest pick used on defense was pick 100 last year on Davion Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                              X