• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickerson looks pretty good at his pro day after all-check out video

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...fl-draft-pick-
    alabama/7386580002/

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I hope he keeps it together. He has a chance to be a really good one. I do believe that he will crack the starting lineup if he's healthy at the beginning of this season. He might supplant Seumalo, or rotate in with Brooks or Kelce.

Comment

Dude seems smart with an awesome attitude. Could become one of my favorites

DeVonta Smith explains where his toughness comes from
      47M AGO
      /BY REUBEN FRANK

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/reuben-frank][/URL]Reuben Frank

EAGLES INSIDER
      f you think DeVonta Smith is some sort of finesse receiver who doesn’t like contact, you just don’t know this kid yet.I

He may weigh only 166 pounds, but how many Heisman Trophy-winning wide receivers are volunteering to go out and run down the field as a gunner on kickoffs and punts?

This one did.

“It’s fun, actually,” Smith said. “That’s a chance for me to go make a tackle and be able to hit somebody. That was just a chance for me to just tee off on somebody and I love doing it.”

Wide receivers can’t hit corners, but they get hit all the time. Playing gunner at times at Alabama gave Smith a chance to show his physicality against some of the same cornerbacks who were getting shots on him when he was on offense.

“They’re able to hit us, but we can’t hit them,” he said. “So I’m going to find a way around it.”
      TRENDING

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-mock-draft-2022-eagles-howie-roseman][/URL]Eagles stock up on talent with 3 1st-round picks in 2022 mock draft

MAY 2, 2021
      https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-kept-draft-interests-vague-land-wr-devonta-smith][/URL]How Howie Roseman used smokescreen to land DeVonta Smith

APR 30, 2021
      https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-draft-grades-how-eagles-fared-2021-draft-according-experts][/URL]Taking a look at Eagles’ grades from 2021 draft

MAY 2, 2021
      Smith spoke on this week’s Takeoff podcast with John Clark, which dropped on Monday.

A good part of the conversation revolved around Smith’s toughness, which surprises a lot of people who get wrapped up only in his weight.

“Some people just look at my size and they’re like, ‘Oh, he’s not strong,’ but there’s a difference between weight-room strong and football-strong and I believe I’m just football strong,” Smith said. “When I go out there on the field, you’re not going to just manhandle me. I just have football strength.”

Smith said he knew the first time he got hit playing football he had the toughness to play the game.

“I would say my freshman year in high school, that was my first time actually getting hit,” he said. “Like I went across the middle and dude just flat-lined me and I mean I just popped up. That’s when I just realized, I’m going to be real with you, I haven’t taken a hit that was harder than that since then, since my freshman year of high school. Nobody’s ever hit me that hard since. I knew right then, there’s no way nobody will ever hit me that hard again.”

Smith, the Eagles’ 1st-round pick, may be just 166 pounds, but he never missed a game in college and was good as any receiver in the country beating press coverage, something that takes a lot of strength - especially against the elite SEC cornerbacks.

And he knows how to take a hit. You never see him drop a pass.

“I was always told that you’re going to get hit catching it or not so you might as well catch it,” he said.

Where does this mentality come from? Smith loved hoops growing up – he remains a huge NBA fan - and as kid ran full-court at a park near his home against much older, bigger, stronger players.

“I just always had that dog in me just to never back down from anybody,” he said. “And being with them and how they roughed me up made me who I am today.”

Smith’s size, toughness and demeanor have brought on the inevitable comparisons with Allen Iverson, who heard he was too small all the way to the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Smith loves the comparison.

“I’ve heard people tell me I remind them of him,” he said. “Just because of the dog that I have, just because you’re under-sized, but no matter what, you’re not going to back down to anybody.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
      X