No announcement yet.

3 First Round Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watson is signed through 2025 already, so not sure you can do much about the deal. Relatively little is in the signing bonus; he would only be about $10 million on this year's cap, but he has 35million guaranteed in 2022, and 37 million salary+bonus in 2023 (not guaranteed yet). We rolled a lot of money forward to 2022; we'd almost have to roll a lot of that 2022 salary forward to make it work, and we could be highly constrained elsewhere.

Of course if that all gets forfeited by his legal issues, anything is possible.

Comment

22 women have pressed charges fellas. I don't think that he plays anywhere this season unless Houston let's him back.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yeah, the legal situation makes him impossible to touch. And maybe for quite a while. Have to imagine that Howie was thinking of that move as a possibility, or for next year, before all that stuff broke. At the moment those are all civil suits though, which would just cost him money if he loses -- though of course the NFL would likely suspend him too.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
          Yeah, the legal situation makes him impossible to touch. And maybe for quite a while. Have to imagine that Howie was thinking of that move as a possibility, or for next year, before all that stuff broke. At the moment those are all civil suits though, which would just cost him money if he loses -- though of course the NFL would likely suspend him too.
          Yep. I think only 1 is a criminal suit right now. He could settle the others but I don't know if he could with that one. I don't think he plays this coming season while he tries to dig himself out. Maybe longer. Even if he settles all of them, it's a bad look.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            22 women have pressed charges fellas. I don't think that he plays anywhere this season unless Houston let's him back.
            Agree. Something else too...there's 18 more that have expressed support for him. So that's 40 massage therapists in total...is that common in the sports world?

Comment

He is going nowhere and won't until this settles. I believe we will be top 6 next year too with the other two picks mid to late first round. We have to hit on these three and start rebuilding from FA AND the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
                He is going nowhere and won't until this settles. I believe we will be top 6 next year too with the other two picks mid to late first round. We have to hit on these three and start rebuilding from FA AND the draft.
                we won't be top 6, IMO we will be 12-15
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

It will be interesting to see after camp what the projections are for next year. Right now I won’t be surprised to see them top five.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

There are tons of unknowns with a new coaching staff etc. but the injuries and horrid QB play were pretty large factors last year. And we still were picking 6th. Bouncing back to near a .500 record is easily possible, more likely than finishing horribly again, to me. But if Hurts gets injured, or turns out to be not much better than 2020 Wentz, then sure that could happen. We also have a last-place schedule. Pretty wide range of possibilities, but things would have to go completely south for us to be picking that high again, I think.

Comment

If the defense can play as good as they did last year we could be decent. They kept us in all of our close games as the offense would either turn it over or 3 and out. If Flacco ends up playing we should have an excellent shot at the top 5.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                      X