Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Nelson Is Still Out There...

Wonder how much he's looking for...
    Former Steelers cornerback Steven Nelson would be a good fit for the rebuilding Philadelphia Eagles

worth a look
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

After not taking a CB high in the draft getting someone like Nelson has to a high priority. Dallas and Washing have excellent WRs and we have 1 excellent CB. Not a good situation right now.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

he and Casey Hayward would make sense. we just don't have cap room so vet min is probably all we can offer right now. If I'm Nelson or Hayward I am waiting (all the way through preseason if needed) for someone to offer more

crap cap situation this year for us. Glad it's just one year

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
          he and Casey Hayward would make sense. we just don't have cap room so vet min is probably all we can offer right now. If I'm Nelson or Hayward I am waiting (all the way through preseason if needed) for someone to offer more

crap cap situation this year for us. Glad it's just one year

There's always a way Dawk.The only thing good about our FO is that Whoie manages moving money around great and GM Jeffy doesn't mind spending it.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

May need to wait for a June 1 trade or release of Ertz to free up a little money... but yeah, we need a vet CB pretty blatantly.

Comment

I don't think they will sign anyone till after June 1st. Really interesting that they didn't bring in any D backs on the UDFA either. I mean we have a bunch of those guys already. Maybe they like James I really don't understand their CB situation right now.

They won't need to trade or release Ertz either. Remember they gain 4 million on June 1st from the Jeffrey, Jackson releases. They have enough money right now under the cap to sign their draft picks.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                I don't think they will sign anyone till after June 1st. Really interesting that they didn't bring in any D backs on the UDFA either. I mean we have a bunch of those guys already. Maybe they like James I really don't understand their CB situation right now.

They won't need to trade or release Ertz either. Remember they gain 4 million on June 1st from the Jeffrey, Jackson releases. They have enough money right now under the cap to sign their draft picks.
                I said along that we should hang onto Eartz. He's been out trying to get a deal and got shot down and knows that he's got $8million coming in this year and it's a hell of a lot of dough. He should smartin up and redo a new deal here. His value goes down after 30.

Comment

Ertz will get traded or released. It will be post June 1 because of the savings. If we are able to trade him it will probably be a conditional 5 that can be a 4. I think there is a real chance we cut him post June 1.

Comment

I think Heyward got signed by another team right after the draft. Nelson and other suggested FA options, post-draft...
                    The Philadelphia Eagles still have some holes to fill following the 2021 NFL Draft.

Comment

yup Hayward signed with the Raiders for 1 year 4 million. PFF has him as their #1 ranked corner from 2016-now

maybe wanted to stay on the west coast?

or maybe we are just going to be a tough sell for Vets wanting to win now

Comment

yup Hayward signed with the Raiders for 1 year 4 million. PFF has him as their #1 ranked corner from 2016-now

Bingo

Comment

That's the guy that I figured they'd target. Re: win now. Highly likely.

Comment

Working...
                          X