Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This PFF view of Hurts is pretty hard to believe

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...football-focus
    Last edited by Eagle60; 09-22-2021, 06:12 PM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Hmmm. I have watched a lot of football the first 2 weeks. That is not what my eyes tell me. I am still not 100% sold on Hurts as a passer. But, he is playing very well so far.

One of the best things that I like about Hurts is the way he runs the read option. He is terrific at disguising the play. I hated it when Carson would just hold the ball out for an extended time to the RB, which gave the defense more time to react to the running plays. Sometimes Wentz would pull it away at the last 1/2 second for a play action. But, a lot of the time it seemed like the defense had more time to key on the RB with Wentz. I may be totally wrong. But, that is what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
      Hmmm. I have watched a lot of football the first 2 weeks. That is not what my eyes tell me. I am still not 100% sold on Hurts as a passer. But, he is playing very well so far.

One of the best things that I like about Hurts is the way he runs the read option. He is terrific at disguising the play. I hated it when Carson would just hold the ball out for an extended time to the RB, which gave the defense more time to react to the running plays. Sometimes Wentz would pull it away at the last 1/2 second for a play action. But, a lot of the time it seemed like the defense had more time to key on the RB with Wentz. I may be totally wrong. But, that is what I saw.
      You're 100% right Pliny, Wentz couldn't run it worth crap and Foles executed it beautifully. I think that was the bone of contention between Doug and Carson and Carson might have changed those plays when he called them at the LOS but that's TOTAL SPECULATION on my part.

As for Hurts he simply won't throw over the middle and defenses are going to know it after watching the Frisco film. Maybe he can't see over the line or the coaches know that and call plays where he doesn't have to but it has to change. As for PFF that rating is a joke and whoever wrote the article must have been smoking crack. Hurts has shown that he can play in the NFL but that's all that he has shown me. #3?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
      X