X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the vote guys

Is Hurts the Messiah?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Messiah? I wouldn’t go that far but he is a guy you get behind. I would draft a development QB because you don’t know how long you have Minshew but I wouldn’t draft one in the first round. I would also be talking to Hurts’ agent about his next contract.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Suh and Joseph both rave about the locker room , I watch all the videos I can get my hands on. Front and center in the locker room is Hurts. Sirriani IMO is the messiah and Hurts is his only begotten son. You gotta see that Hurts carries this team, This team is 9-1 despite it's self. one could argue they have only played 20 good quarters of football. IMO those 9 wins are on Hurts and the team leaders. No matter what, find a way. Adding 2 pieces this late in the season to a team with so many new pieces may push the gel date back a bit, but hopefully they are rounding into shape about stretch time. Once we play our best football, the sky is the limit. If we have another parade, he may well have the title of Messiah
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I’ve always been a fan and I’m happy he is succeeding.

He’s not Patrick Mahomes but he’s not anywhere near the weakness on this team. Right now my biggest concern is not being able to stop the run. With Pollard and Saquon in the division that’s a problem. Also SF in the conference with Deebo and McCaffery.

these playoffs are gonna be wild.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          I’ve always been a fan and I’m happy he is succeeding.

He’s not Patrick Mahomes but he’s not anywhere near the weakness on this team. Right now my biggest concern is not being able to stop the run. With Pollard and Saquon in the division that’s a problem. Also SF in the conference with Deebo and McCaffery.

these playoffs are gonna be wild.
          I watched the game last night. SF is firing on all cylinders, the defense is very stout. I am hoping we round into a very good defense as well. We are considered the #3 in the league
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

He is rounding into a very good quarterback. I think his contract demands will answer a lot of the questions on his messiah status. He is not the type of talent that can carry a team. While a leader, I am not sure he makes those around him better. He is a QB that can win it all wiht the right team around him. If he recognizes team need in making him better and we get those pieces, he could be just what we need. Lets face it. The QB's making 20% of the cap at $40M are creating some of their struggles and hinder the skill around him. If he comes in at 20-25M, that works out to be 15-25M a year to build around. That can buy a ton of talent.

Comment

If the kid can take us out of QB hell that's good enough for me. Teams can take decades to find a franchise QB. He certainly fits what seems in vogue for the prototype NFL QB these days anyway even though I personally would prefer a Herbert or Burrow. IMM Wentz will Always be the Messiah with #5 a close 2nd. I'll just refer to Foles as a Godsend for winning the Big One for us and will always remain my favorite Eagle! Man I'd love to buy him a beer. If I qualified for make a wish that probably would be it although a trip to the Swiss Alps wouldn't be bad either!

I was extremely pleased with Hurts passing Sunday. He was hitting receivers perfectly in stride and in tight windows with a quick release when he decided to throw. I wonder if he's been working on his release with a shorter windup? It could be the way he works so hard. I did read that he averaged 3.1 seconds a throw which is slower than the league average but I don't really think that stat applies to scrambling QBs like him. They are a different animal. I sure hope this wasn't an anomaly and he continues to pass with that kind of accuracy. Maybe he really is The Guy.

Comment

Kid is 24 and is growing. Still has pocket presence issues, but it does keep getting better. He has to be the most well put together mobile QB I have ever seen. He can still get hurt, but man he’s not skinny or small like some of them have been.

Not a messiah that can do it by himself. But a leader of a well constructed team. he should be our future. But it does take two to tango. He is not worthy of 40m a year. Will be interesting to see how this plays out

Comment

I love Hurts leadership, work ethic and of course talent. The only thing I question is what happens as he gets older and loses some of his escapability. Will he a good enough pocket passer at that point ?

Wentz is already a shell of his former self, because he has lost his mobility. All it takes is a bad injury or aging to have to become a pure pocket passer.

I think Hurts is worth the risk, especially at the right price. I don't think he should be the highest paid QB. Plus, Jalen seems like a reasonable guy and may be willing to do a more cap friendly deal to be surrounded by better weapons (ala Brady).

Comment

If they win the SB, he'll get paid too much.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
                      He is rounding into a very good quarterback. I think his contract demands will answer a lot of the questions on his messiah status. He is not the type of talent that can carry a team. While a leader, I am not sure he makes those around him better. He is a QB that can win it all wiht the right team around him. If he recognizes team need in making him better and we get those pieces, he could be just what we need. Lets face it. The QB's making 20% of the cap at $40M are creating some of their struggles and hinder the skill around him. If he comes in at 20-25M, that works out to be 15-25M a year to build around. That can buy a ton of talent.
                      Hurts is going to get a big contract this offseason. He's the guy going forward.

I do worry about the cost. Hoping for 20-25 million is a fantasy. Kirk Cousins has made more than that for 4-5 seasons already. If the Eagles keep it the 30s it would be a ridiculous win, and that isn't reasonable either. There are already 9 QBs making 40+ in AAV; he needs to be in that group somewhere (even if a couple of those are going to kill their franchises). The cap will probably be 250 million by 2024 so a 50 million cap hit would be the 20% level by then. An AAV in the 40s would be less than that level, so I'm kind of expecting a deal somewhere in there. If we go deep in the playoffs, the price tag will increase. It would just be a prorated signing bonus added to his 2023 salary for next year, so still reasonably low, and usually you can make the cap hit the first year of the new deal (2024) on the lower side, so the bigger cap hits would not kick in until 2025 really. Ideally we get a deal done before Lamar Jackson or Herbert or Tua or Burrow or other resets the market even higher, because it will. Never thought Dak's deal would look low this fast, but here we are. Hopefully by the time the bigger numbers kick in, Hurts' deal will seem low as well.

NFLPA will put pressure on players to not accept a below-market contract. For a guy who was not a 1st-round draft pick, no way will Hurts take less than market for his first deal. Brady didn't do that either -- it was his subsequent deals where he left lots of money on the table (and I doubt the NFLPA was happy about that). I do hope the contracts are not fully guaranteed like Lamar is angling for, though. (Unless they take less overall like Cousins did.)

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                        If they win the SB, he'll get paid too much.
                        If we win a SB he is the Messiah and I don't care what they pay him!

Comment

My kid was just telling me they are going to pay him 50 mil per

Comment

The only concern I would have is that he runs too much. It only takes one serious injury which of course could happen to anyone but I think they call too many designed runs. There is a difference between a QB who runs very well when he has to and is an occasional runner and a guy who you count on as another RB. I realize he is built like a brick shit house but I still think there are more designed runs than he needs considering the quality of the OL RBs and WRs
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                              My kid was just telling me they are going to pay him 50 mil per
                              Maybe he really truly is the Messiah. These salaries are mind boggling. We are all in this year and if we pay him like that the team might be screwed for years. Remember when St. Brees screwed up his team for years after he signed his then monster contract? Hurts is a great guy but once his agent gets into his ear that will most likely change. If he keeps taking hits like he did yesterday his career could deteriorate as soon as Wentz's did and then we really would be in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X