• Show
Clear All

• CJ really hurt

Tweet

See new TweetsConversation

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero][/URL]
    Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero
    #Eagles safety C.J. Gardner-Johnson is out indefinitely after suffering a lacerated kidney in Sunday night’s win over the #Packers, per sources. It’s a non-surgical injury. Testing is ongoing, so timetable still TBD, but it is not expected to be season-ending.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I think a lot depends on the severity. I think Ertz had one in 2019 and just missed one game (regular season finale). But could be six weeks too. If he broke a rib as well, could be worse I suppose.

Comment

Blankenship really stepped up when he replaced him. Hopefully it's a Wally Pips story!

Comment

Blakenship is a good ball player. I pegged him as a fifth round pick the year he decided to go back to school and not come out for the draft. Probably had word he would be undracted. Then I had him as a fifth this year and he went undrafted. Shows what I know about the draft.
        But he a good player who I would liken to Singletary last year. Now I think Blakenship will develop into a better player but right now he is a guy who will make most plays but is going to miss some
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          Blakenship is a good ball player. I pegged him as a fifth round pick the year he decided to go back to school and not come out for the draft. Probably had word he would be undracted. Then I had him as a fifth this year and he went undrafted. Shows what I know about the draft.
          But he a good player who I would liken to Singletary last year. Now I think Blakenship will develop into a better player but right now he is a guy who will make most plays but is going to miss some
          You just described 80% of the NFL LOL. He'll be fine. As for CJ there's no way you come back from a lacerated kidney in a week.

Comment

Hoping for CGJ recovery. There is potentially some good timing here. We are facing a couple run heavy teams the next two weeks. No doubt CGJ is the better overall safety. But coverage and speed is his strength. Blankenship should be better in run defense. Remains to be seen on coverage.

on a separate note. I’m becoming more convinced that Bradberry won’t be back. Great in coverage. Complete liability in run defense and tackling.

I may be alone in this, but ditto Kyzir White. He really makes me appreciate TJ Edwards.

Comment

Birds have been pretty fortunate when it comes to injuries this year. I’d like to have a healthy Jordan Davis, Dallas, and CGJ for the Bears game. At the worst the Dallas game. If we are healthy at Dallas we will win.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
              X