Eagles vs Saints instant reactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles vs Saints instant reactions

Tuned into the game. Ready for a dog fight but figured the Eagles could win it. Boy was I mistaken. I actually was so pissed off after the first drive I turned the game off for a little. I needed to get my heart rate down.

1. Jonathan Gannon is the worst defensive coordinator in football and its not even close. This teams defense has been about a bunch of individual efforts but when its money time he craws up into a little ball like the pussy he is. That first drive coming out playing soft fucking zone after getting torched last week playing soft fucking zone is just criminal. He finally adjusted in the second half but by that point its too late. When you are playing with your backup QB you must as a defense get the fuck off the field. Not give up 15 play 8 minute drives. You know what happens when you do that you lose. Sure the stats look great only gave up 20 points. But I am sorry this lose is solely on this losers head. He is horrible and not the type of coach you can win playoff games with. His defense players are so talented but he continues to play the bullshit and we lost this game because of him. He set the tone by being a pussy.

2. Minshew is backup QB for a reason. He simply is not good enough to bring teams from behind. Sorry but most backups are not good enough. See point 1 as to one of the biggest reasons why we lost this game.

3. Stiechin was a wonder boy, now I just have to wonder about him. You come out throwing against one of the better pass defenses. Basically waste your first two possession. Really don't start running at all until the 2nd half. WHY?

Overall this team is outthinking itself. If a team can't stop the run pound it the fuck down their necks. If a team is a dink and dink team, play man and make the QB beat you. Instead you played pussy soft zone for most of the first half.

Now I could care less if they win or not next week. This team is not a Super Bowl team, hell they may not win a playoff game. They simply are not coached well enough. With the injuries they have are not going to be able to overcome by talent.

Bonus: With the Saints win the draft pick drops down even more. Makes it harder to use that pick to replace talent that is needed in order for these coaches to win. Saints are gonna win next week to. Figure that pick to be in the late teens. Not going to get much help there. This is as bad a lose as you can have.

Oh and if I didn't say it enough Fuck Jonathan Gannon
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Defense allowed 13 pts. Not a huge issue. Minshew should go ask Siriani if he can be a full time starter - dope. Go rent a bus to live in.
    Flip the tackles and get your best 5 OL on the field.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

What happened in the game that made them not run the ball more? (Not counting falling behind and having to pass) I might expect the Saints to sell out vs. the run and force Minshew to win it through the air, but judging from the 12 carries for Sanders, it doesn't look like they were interested in running.

Forcing Minshew to be The Man might not be the best way to come out with a win I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
        Defense allowed 13 pts. Not a huge issue. Minshew should go ask Siriani if he can be a full time starter - dope. Go rent a bus to live in.
        Flip the tackles and get your best 5 OL on the field.
        Its about the time of possession and asking your offense with a backup QB to come back down by 13 against a good Saints defense. Sorry but Gannon blows and he is as much a part of this lose as anyone. Don't care about individual stats. The thing that matters this team is the worst in the league the past two years in giving up drives of 15 or more plays and 8 or minutes. You can't give up almost a whole quarter of play simply because you are too fucking stuburn to blitz or play up closer on the receivers. Sure he played closer in the 2nd half but it was too late then. You had your backup QB who was struggling as it was trying to bring you back from that. You know what happens when you try and do that. Bad things like pick six's. They lost the Commanders game the same way. He is either clueless, too stuburn or both. But there is one he is not and that is a good defensive coordinator. If his defense is getting turnovers or penalties against the other team they seem to be able to stop them.

Here is another case in point about how bad this defense is. They gave up a long field goal where on 3rd down it was like 3rd and 20. They played soft bullshit coverage and gave them an easy pass to get 11 yards. You can't play that way. Not with a backup QB. Sorry but you have to get off the field in that situation without giving up points.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
          What happened in the game that made them not run the ball more? (Not counting falling behind and having to pass) I might expect the Saints to sell out vs. the run and force Minshew to win it through the air, but judging from the 12 carries for Sanders, it doesn't look like they were interested in running.

Forcing Minshew to be The Man might not be the best way to come out with a win I guess...
          Sanders only had 12 carries because of two things. One they for some reason decided to pass on the first series. By the time they got the ball back they were down 10-0. I would have established the run then but they didn't. Number 2 he is hurting on his knee.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

Its about the time of possession and asking your offense with a backup QB to come back down by 13 against a good Saints defense. Sorry but Gannon blows and he is as much a part of this lose as anyone. Don't care about individual stats. The thing that matters this team is the worst in the league the past two years in giving up drives of 15 or more plays and 8 or minutes. You can't give up almost a whole quarter of play simply because you are too fucking stuburn to blitz or play up closer on the receivers. Sure he played closer in the 2nd half but it was too late then. You had your backup QB who was struggling as it was trying to bring you back from that. You know what happens when you try and do that. Bad things like pick six's. They lost the Commanders game the same way. He is either clueless, too stuburn or both. But there is one he is not and that is a good defensive coordinator. If his defense is getting turnovers or penalties against the other team they seem to be able to stop them.

Here is another case in point about how bad this defense is. They gave up a long field goal where on 3rd down it was like 3rd and 20. They played soft bullshit coverage and gave them an easy pass to get 11 yards. You can't play that way. Not with a backup QB. Sorry but you have to get off the field in that situation without giving up points.
            Taz, you nailed it here. I think sometimes Sirianni has to jump on Gannon a bit to get him to be more aggressive. I hate passive defensive schemes. And, even being passive didn't stop Dallas from converting a 3rd and 30 last week when Dak had all day to uncork one downfield.

As far as today goes, Andy Dalton has always shown that if you give him time in the pocket, he will chew you up. That first half especially was just ridiculous.

Comment

Agree that defense was soft in the first half, but the Eagles weee in the game. If you hold an NFL offense scoreless in the second half you should win.
              Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
              Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

All this team needs is Hurts back. That’s it. His running ability slows down the pass rush.

I still think we win it all. The D buckled down in second half.

we will be fine.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I agree Andre we need Hurts back, but this underscores how important their backup QB position is. The Saints today played a complete game on defense. They played man to man and had guys in the box to stop the run. They dared Minshew to beat them. In the first half we didn't do that defensively. That cost us the game.

Our Defense played half a game. Let the opposing QB complete 18-22 passes for over 200 yards (82% completion ratio). They were 7-15 on 3rd down. Simply poor numbers all the way through. While they played better in the 2nd half and "" only gave up 13 points, they allowed 38 minutes worth of time of possession.

When you are playing with your backup QB maybe your game plan needed to be much more like New Orleans on both the offensive side and defensive side. Offensively they were too aggressive trying to pass early, defensively they played there pussy soft zone defense most of the first half. Sure they shut them down in the 2nd half but by that point the damage was done.

My opinion was this game was lost on the first drive of the game. 15 plays almost 9 minutes of time. The Eagles over the last two years have allowed the most drives of 15 plays or more. I have to look up the outcomes of those games in which they did, but I don't think they won many of them. Tone was set by the Saints and they never looked back.

Sure were there issues along the way. Yes that holding call on Dickerson might well have cost the Eagles the game. I think if they go up 14-13 there they don't look back. But alas another bogus penalty (these are getting to be a theme) The NFL will never explain it just like the Goedert facemask just like the PI on Watkins last week. These are minor fucks up, these are game changing point plays. The NFL has to figure out a system to overturn these calls. Eye in the sky something. But that is for another tiime.

Comment

Defense set the really bad tone. They improved to mediocre the rest of the first half, and very good in the second half. But yeah, really bad game plan again. Adjustments waited until halftime, again.

However, the offense was far worse. Bad game plan and never really adjusted. Facing a good pass D, bad run D, with a backup QB and a backup RT... and we go pass-happy? The runs even worked well when they tried them. Offensive game plans have been better than defensive ones on average (which have been pretty good themselves), but the offensive coaches are horrible about getting off their plan when it doesn't work. It has been rare, but it was my only real concern about the team until the injuries. Pretty pissed at this game, and in the end it was mostly on the offense. Blech.

That all said, we now play the Giants at home, who will likely be resting starters. Win that and we can still wipe this stink away. Hopefully we crush them, and let our starters rest a lot of the second half. About the only thing good that came out of today was the 7 sacks, and getting Graham his 10+ season. Piles of negatives everywhere else. Hopefully Sweat is OK by the playoffs.

Comment

We are going to know what the Giants plan to do based on what time slot the game next week is in. If it’s a noon regional game that means the Gnats have told the league they are going to play backups. The league doesn’t want a lopsided game potentially on SNF or flexed into Saturday.

just my take on it.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        We are going to know what the Giants plan to do based on what time slot the game next week is in. If it’s a noon regional game that means the Gnats have told the league they are going to play backups. The league doesn’t want a lopsided game potentially on SNF or flexed into Saturday.

just my take on it.
                        That's a fascinating point. Hard to imagine Daboll playing starters, but maybe they will. Joe Judge probably would have, but that regime is no longer there.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                          Defense set the really bad tone. They improved to mediocre the rest of the first half, and very good in the second half. But yeah, really bad game plan again. Adjustments waited until halftime, again.

However, the offense was far worse. Bad game plan and never really adjusted. Facing a good pass D, bad run D, with a backup QB and a backup RT... and we go pass-happy? The runs even worked well when they tried them. Offensive game plans have been better than defensive ones on average (which have been pretty good themselves), but the offensive coaches are horrible about getting off their plan when it doesn't work. It has been rare, but it was my only real concern about the team until the injuries. Pretty pissed at this game, and in the end it was mostly on the offense. Blech.

That all said, we now play the Giants at home, who will likely be resting starters. Win that and we can still wipe this stink away. Hopefully we crush them, and let our starters rest a lot of the second half. About the only thing good that came out of today was the 7 sacks, and getting Graham his 10+ season. Piles of negatives everywhere else. Hopefully Sweat is OK by the playoffs.
                          I am not saying the offensive game plan was good but I will say this. The stats that everyone keep saying about the Saints really don't include Lattimore who is one of the better corners in football. He allows them to play much more man (which they did today) and pony up against the run. There game plan was perfect today and a game plan Gannon never uses. They stacked up against the run (with varied success) kept guys around the line of scrimmage and played a lot of man to man. They were forcing Minshew to beat them. He couldn't do it today. In fact most backups QB's can't do that against good defenses. Our defense didn't catch on until the 2nd half. Way too late. Again they allowed Andy freaking Dalton to complete 82% of his passes. None of those passes were hard one either. They were to open receivers sitting in the zone. At some point you have to say fuck it, we have all pros all over this defense, beat us straight up. Gannon is too afraid to do that. He is worried about getting beat deep. I say this, I would rather a 3 play 1: 10 drive for a TD than a 15 play 9 minute drive for a TD as a defense. For an offense its the opposite. So in other words the Saints made Gannon their bitch for most of the first half of the game.

Also the Saints probably could have scored more. I think they threw the ball 4 times in the 2nd half. They were happy to run the clock and run the ball. They got 8 first downs via the run. They knew the Eagles couldn't beat their defense passing the ball. They executed their game plan perfectly The Eagles defensively didn't and that set the tone.

Comment

FO… don’t see any way the Giants play starters. It’s malpractice of they do.

we should play ours as long as it takes to lock it up. I would play CGJ if he is ready. Hurts and the rest too. All but Lane and Maddox.

Comment

Hurts has to play against the Giants. We need him and he will also need to knock off some rust heading into the playoffs. I don't care if the Giants play their backups. Eagles need to learn how to win again and fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X