Eagles vs Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedules already out.

Birds at Chiefs next year. Excited to see my guys but that AIN’T the Steelers at home or the Jets on the road.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      Schedules already out.

Birds at Chiefs next year. Excited to see my guys but that AIN’T the Steelers at home or the Jets on the road.
      that top 10 along with the 32nd pick along with our other draft choices are gonna makes us a young team, which we will need to sign Hurts. We are very athletic and I think we will be on one of those Andy Reid type of rolls. We can hang with anyone
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

They did what they needed to do, but it wasn’t pretty.

It was obvious they scaled back the offense to try and keep Hurts out of harms way. And the Giants’ backups deserve some credit for giving them a scrap.

They really needed that bye and I’m glad they got it. They should be pretty healthy, and ready to get back to good form. They haven’t played great complimentary football in 3 weeks. That’s a concern. But having everyone available and rested will be a huge help

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
          They did what they needed to do, but it wasn’t pretty.

It was obvious they scaled back the offense to try and keep Hurts out of harms way. And the Giants’ backups deserve some credit for giving them a scrap.

They really needed that bye and I’m glad they got it. They should be pretty healthy, and ready to get back to good form. They haven’t played great complimentary football in 3 weeks. That’s a concern. But having everyone available and rested will be a huge help
          not having CJGJ and Maddox has really hurt, but CJGJ played some pretty good ball yesterday. It would be nice to see Maddox back
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Guys I love posting right after the game whenever I can. It captures my pure emotion. Yes I was over the top yesterday because this should have been easier. The way this season was going up until three weeks ago was really fun. Then the adversity hit and we just are not the same at the moment. In two weeks it could be and I hope its completely different. There have been so many times in history teams have limped in, got the extra weeks rest, regrouped and went on to win everything. I wont ever like Gannon, just like I didn't like Schwartz. You need to be a little more aggressive on defense. The funny thing is when they are, they are really dominant. Most of their issues on defense come when they go into that soft zone crap.

I am not down on the team. I still think they are the best team in football. I just don't understand the game plan yesterday offensively and defensively. The goal should have been to get a big lead and get Jalen and others out of there. See what guys like Nakobe Dean , and some others can do with extended playing time. 35 passes for Jalen is too many coming back from the injury. Unless of course they wanted to really test the shoulder. He didn't lack zip on the ball, he was just rusty on his reads. To be expected after an extended absence When you talk about Driscoll at right tackle he is much better as a run blocker there than pass blocker. Yet we pass more than we run with a QB that is banged up. Again made no sense. Especially against a Giants team they dominated on the ground several weeks back. Go heavy on the offensive line, line up and impose your will on these guys (like they did when they went on the 7 minute drive in the 4th quarter, could have did that all game).
            Defensively they did not tackle well at all. Davis Montana was slippery I guess. The thing I don't understand is you rush 4 guys 97% of the time. How are guys open in the flat all the damn time. I mean your are 7 on 5 most of the time back there. That alone is why they didn't get the sack record. Couldn't tackle and were just OK on defending the short pass. If Webb has no outlet he is going to get sacked 6-8 times in that game. Except for the TD throw (and all Slay has to do is turn his damn head and its not a TD), he couldn't throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field. Yet we kept lining up with 2 safeties 15 yards deep.

Thank god for Jake Elliot. Thank god for Christian Ellis and McPherson on special teams. Elliot with 5 field goals several over 50 yards and Ellis sniffing out the fake and McPherson tackling the holder to make sure nothing else happened. Would have been nice to see those two get some playing time on defense yesterday. I am really impressed with Ellis. Could he be an option along with Dean to replace White and Edwards (both are FA and I doubt they bring both back).
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Can’t believe some of the shit I read on this board sometimes.(One of the reasons I rarely post here anymore)
              This team just went 14 and 3 for like maybe the first time in teams 90 year history.
              The defense is ranked Like # 1.
              The offense is like in the top 2.
              They just won the division east title.
              They just won home field advantage throughout the play offs.
              They just won one of the only two bye weeks.
              Hurts played not to get hurt. And the Giants knew he was not going to run, thus making our O very much less optimal.
              And most of what I read is either negative or leaning negative.

I personally am over the moon that my team is this well positioned in this season. They have given me a super season. And while they might lose in round 2, this was one of the BEST seasons ever to be an Eagles phan. The coaches, YES ALL of THEM, have done a great job in getting this team to 14 and 3. The front office has done a fabulous job of putting together this talent level. This is a very tough league, all teams can win any given day and being Good enough to be the best (as the Eagles are) is a great tribute to the entire organization. Some here think the Eagles should be 17 and 0….. and that is the fantasy world they live in. Tired of the thinking that this team needs to be perfect to get enough respect here.

The post season is a one and done, the best team doesn’t ALWAYS win. But if you can not enjoy and savor this team IMO you are sad.

I’m so looking forward to my TEAM playing meaningful games in the playoffs.

I haven't posted in years but still read every week. I had to chime in and thank you for talking me off the ledge. A little reality check was just what I needed..

Comment

I actually want my fantasy football league because of Jake Elliott. I had Detroit kicker in about an hour before the game got rid of him and picked up Jake Elliott. I just had a feeling the Eagles with score yesterday but I have trouble getting it in the end zone ended up working out perfectly. If I would’ve kept in Detroit kicker I would not have one. I won the championship in my league went 16 and oh and it’s a 12 team league. It’s not like it’s a joke league.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  Guys I love posting right after the game whenever I can. It captures my pure emotion. Yes I was over the top yesterday because this should have been easier. The way this season was going up until three weeks ago was really fun. Then the adversity hit and we just are not the same at the moment. In two weeks it could be and I hope its completely different. There have been so many times in history teams have limped in, got the extra weeks rest, regrouped and went on to win everything. I wont ever like Gannon, just like I didn't like Schwartz. You need to be a little more aggressive on defense. The funny thing is when they are, they are really dominant. Most of their issues on defense come when they go into that soft zone crap.

I am not down on the team. I still think they are the best team in football. I just don't understand the game plan yesterday offensively and defensively. The goal should have been to get a big lead and get Jalen and others out of there. See what guys like Nakobe Dean , and some others can do with extended playing time. 35 passes for Jalen is too many coming back from the injury. Unless of course they wanted to really test the shoulder. He didn't lack zip on the ball, he was just rusty on his reads. To be expected after an extended absence When you talk about Driscoll at right tackle he is much better as a run blocker there than pass blocker. Yet we pass more than we run with a QB that is banged up. Again made no sense. Especially against a Giants team they dominated on the ground several weeks back. Go heavy on the offensive line, line up and impose your will on these guys (like they did when they went on the 7 minute drive in the 4th quarter, could have did that all game).
                  Defensively they did not tackle well at all. Davis Montana was slippery I guess. The thing I don't understand is you rush 4 guys 97% of the time. How are guys open in the flat all the damn time. I mean your are 7 on 5 most of the time back there. That alone is why they didn't get the sack record. Couldn't tackle and were just OK on defending the short pass. If Webb has no outlet he is going to get sacked 6-8 times in that game. Except for the TD throw (and all Slay has to do is turn his damn head and its not a TD), he couldn't throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field. Yet we kept lining up with 2 safeties 15 yards deep.

Thank god for Jake Elliot. Thank god for Christian Ellis and McPherson on special teams. Elliot with 5 field goals several over 50 yards and Ellis sniffing out the fake and McPherson tackling the holder to make sure nothing else happened. Would have been nice to see those two get some playing time on defense yesterday. I am really impressed with Ellis. Could he be an option along with Dean to replace White and Edwards (both are FA and I doubt they bring both back).
                  Sorry man, but you still don’t seem to get it.
                  Yes, no game is perfect in the NFL. Period.
                  That Offense and Defense got us to 14 and 3, NFC East crown and the much fought for bye week.
                  You have no idea what the game plan was and what the coaches and players were thinking.
                  And you give almost no credit to a fired up team of Giants who were playing their hearts out as they tried to showcase their talents.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

Sorry man, but you still don’t seem to get it.
                    Yes, no game is perfect in the NFL. Period.
                    That Offense and Defense got us to 14 and 3, NFC East crown and the much fought for bye week.
                    You have no idea what the game plan was and what the coaches and players were thinking.
                    And you give almost no credit to a fired up team of Giants who were playing their hearts out as they tried to showcase their talents.
                    Yes they did go 14-3, No doubt They won the NFC East and they are the number 1 seed in the NFC all facts. But so is they went 2-2 in the last 4 games. They have not looked good since the first Giants game. All facts
                    Offensively they looked vanilla and bland yesterday. Defensively they didn't tackle well and they just sat back in zone all day.
                    If that wasn't their plan then they have a lot more problems than any of us know. Because if they couldn't finish drives against a bunch of 3rd stringers no matter how fired up they are then we have issues on offense. Defensively they have to clean up the tackling. If you are going to play soft zone you have to tackle well.

Hurts said it as he broke down the team yesterday. We have to clean this "shit" up.

So I get it, you choose to celebrate the regular season accomplishments. I understand that. I want to celebrate another championship. The way this team has played the last month, that is not championship level and not the level they played at most of the year. Can they turn it on in the playoffs. I hope they can otherwise we are all in for some big time disappointment
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

Yes they did go 14-3, No doubt They won the NFC East and they are the number 1 seed in the NFC all facts. But so is they went 2-2 in the last 4 games. They have not looked good since the first Giants game. All facts
                      Offensively they looked vanilla and bland yesterday. Defensively they didn't tackle well and they just sat back in zone all day.
                      If that wasn't their plan then they have a lot more problems than any of us know. Because if they couldn't finish drives against a bunch of 3rd stringers no matter how fired up they are then we have issues on offense. Defensively they have to clean up the tackling. If you are going to play soft zone you have to tackle well.

Hurts said it as he broke down the team yesterday. We have to clean this "shit" up.

So I get it, you choose to celebrate the regular season accomplishments. I understand that. I want to celebrate another championship. The way this team has played the last month, that is not championship level and not the level they played at most of the year. Can they turn it on in the playoffs. I hope they can otherwise we are all in for some big time disappointment
                      Like I said, it appears to me you you just don’t get it. I not going to argue with you point by point, but as an example “Offensively they looked vanilla and bland yesterday. ” We’ll maybe that WAS the Plan??? Yes they went 2and 2….. They were also missing their staring QB and Best OL. So you look at only the negative.
                      This has been a great season, and yes I will spend my time enjoying till it’s over. You can continue to dig for more negatives. Peace!

Comment

Guys Eagles are in the playoffs.

we always hear it’s like a new season and nothing done before matters now. That’s kinda true…. BUT. What matters is we went 14-3 and we don’t have to play next week. Everyone can heal up and watch film and get better.

and be ready to come out guns absolutely blazing in 2 weeks.

I have said all year this feels a lot like 2017 and I still feel that way!!

let’s turn the page here and celebrate this great season and young franchise. We have found our QB guys. We can keep building around him. The window is WIDE OPEN for at least the next 3-4 years.

Comment

To me, the plan was first and foremost not to risk further injury to Hurts. They were in the playoffs win or lose, and they were playing against a lot of backups. I don't think they went for a very aggressive game plan, and when you don't need to fear Hurts as a runner, it can make some things harder. I was sort of expecting that, so was not expecting us to look awesome.

That all said, they did play great in the first half. They just didn't punch in TDs in the red zone. If they had done that a couple of times instead of the FGs, they would have had a 24-0 lead at halftime, and it would have been according to plan. That BS man downfield call really, really hurt too. So that was a definite failing yesterday, stalling in the red zone. Gannon went into his "big lead" defense and allowed the Giants to control the ball in the second half, which is infuriating to watch as always. But players probably started making business decisions too. Just a bit bigger lead we would have been fine, but the Giants kept on the edge of it unfortunately. Just a bit more nervous than I would have liked, but not too far off from a comfortable win. They need to work on the red zone stuff. Big improvement from the Saints game where they did not have a red zone *snap*.

Comment

Hurts not running the ball is such a HUGE part of our offense, especially in the red zone. It's a shame that he got injured because he was throwing pinpointed lasers before the injury. Hopefully he will be 100% in 2 weeks because he covers a ton of sins in a lot of different ways and his designed runs make the whole offense rock! Has anybody heard anything at all about Lane? They haven't mentioned his name in a month that I've noticed.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Hadn’t seen anything about Lane. But I don’t know that anyone expected him to be doing anything at this point. My guess is there won’t be much news until after next weeks games at the earliest. Then if he is practicing it will be a good sign.
                              I saw that schedule aw. I was being a little sarcastic with those two posts.
                              BRB …. Good to see an old name back with a post
                              personally I think they played their starters because one - they knew they had to win the game and two - they didn’t want them to go three weeks without any meaningful football ( in Hurts case it would’ve been five weeks). I also believe they weren’t going to show any new wrinkles. It was nothing more than a high end preseason game. The only thing I saw that I was disappointed with was not punching it in and settling for five FGs. But the red zone is where Hurts running ability comes to life and that was what was missing - on purpose IMO.
                              As for the Dickerson penalty I can’t fault the ref. Rule is one yard and he was clearly two yards. At the same time he knew he couldn’t go further because it was pretty obvious he was backing up and it is a bullshit penalty. Three or four yards I understand but two is pretty tight and if you interfere I understand but if you’re just standing there I don’t.
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

It’s amazing how close this team was to 17-0.

Fumbles against the Commanders in what was really a one score 26-21 game (Devante flee flicker gift aside). Hurts only loss

6 point one score loss in Dallas with a backup QB

10 point loss that was a 3 point game with the backup QB and backup RT

every other team in the league at least had a major clunker or two. Not this team.

when you are nitpicking close wins, you know your team is real good.

Hurts and Lanes health are the concerns. But not the whole team

Comment

Working...
                                X