We Are Seeing Something Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Are Seeing Something Special

This roster is deep as any in league history. This coaching staff is amazing. They came in and got everyone on the same page, veterans and youngsters alike. I chat with 60 , we are line geeks. What we get to watch from the Oline is plain ol crazy. We have 5 hogs that are pro bowl or pro bowl alternates and they are also 7-8 guys deep.. Each one of them is a beast on their own, but as a dance troupe, they have the footwork of Miles Sanders. We get to see pancakes weekly, we get to see double pulls and traps where the LB who fills the hole gets annihilated . We have a TE tandem who pull in combos and block as well as the big boys. We get to see DBs caught in the wash of downfield blockers ranging in size from 160-360 pounds. There is so much choreography to this offense, and you need to be a stud athlete to play here, you need to be smart and you need to be 100% selfless. All this and you have a QB,3 WRs, a TE and 3 RBs with the ability to make big chunk plays.

Defensively this team is set up with our own time eating offense in mind. They are not going to let you score without running 7-10 plays and taking time off the clock and they are going to get you on 3rd and long and they are going to be stronger than the opposition in the 4th quarter . 9 defensive linemen have bought into sharing time in a fairly equal rotation, they can play multiple fronts and multiple positions and they all have heart and no quit. As the game wears on they seem to be getting stronger and just keep coming.
    At LB we have Edwards who is extremely consistent , makes big plays and never comes off the field. White has been pretty steady as well and isn't bad in coverage. Dean is there waiting to take over for White.
    Slay and Bradberry are both playing at a high level and can shut down anyone. Maddox when healthy was at a very high level, CJGJ is just a player. Blankenship is a hitter and makes plays. This group is having a special season.
    STs, Elliott and Lovato are as consistent as any in the game. Kern came in last week and pinned Jones down inside the 12 on all 3 kicks.

When it's all said and done, this team is carving teams up when they are on and right now they are a machine. I am enjoying this season and I expect nothing short of another parade.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

This has been a great run but I am truly worried about the 49ers. That defense could shut down the Hurts and Co by making them one-dimensional. This is 1 v 2 and a great matchup. I hope the Birds can win it but I am not that confident. If they can win this weekend I'll be much more confident against whichever team the AFC puts up.

Comment

MM… when TC began and I saw the talent I told my wife we were going to win it all. Obviously things can happen but this roster is one of the deepest and best rosters I have ever seen. The question was JH and he answered that question with a spectacular season.

again… anything can happen but if the best team wins this year we will have a parade in mid February because the Eagles are the best team.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Well vet it's just two great teams going at each other, just as it should be. I think where we have the advantage is that we might be able to put more heat on a quarterback than they can. i think we have to get to Purdy five times to win this game and limit the damage they can do to us on the ground.Both Samuel and McCafferty can kill you so we we will have to make a plan with some cool stuff like we did against the giants. Obviously that was the best game that Gannon ever coached in his life. Who knows what to do with Kittle? So now we have two teams that are pretty much mirror images of each other and it will probably come down to the quarterbacks. We have one of the best in the game and they have a rookie. I think the team that wins the turnover battle wins the game. Sit back, buckle up and crack a beer because this is going to be one hell of a game!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

One game with one against two is a tough game. If the birds get after it though I see a win. Gotta play your best and don’t turn the ball over. Big chunk play early from AJ or Devonte will put the Linc on fire and I don’t think SF is ready for that.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I do think this is the most talented Eagles team of the Super Bowl era. I don't remember another playoff year, where we were this healthy and deep across the board. Not only that, this team is close knit, which is something the 2017 had going for them despite all the injuries.

With that said, it's turning out to be a tough run to get to the SB this year. In 2017 it was the Falcons and Vikings, neither who were a huge threat. This year there are 4 outstanding teams left. SF has a 12 game winning streak. Cincy has a 10 game winning streak. And, KC is 10-1, with their only loss to Cincy. If you take out the head-to-head contests, those 3 teams are 32-0.

This may be the greatest championship weekend on paper that I can remember, when it comes to peaking teams. The Eagles are special. But, so are some of the other teams. I do think that our guys are the deepest across the board. And, our OL is hands down the best of the 4. If we win it all, it will probably be due to our OL being the difference.

Thank God we won it all in 2017, because there would be so much pressure on this team if we were still 0-fer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
              I do think this is the most talented Eagles team of the Super Bowl era. I don't remember another playoff year, where we were this healthy and deep across the board. Not only that, this team is close knit, which is something the 2017 had going for them despite all the injuries.

With that said, it's turning out to be a tough run to get to the SB this year. In 2017 it was the Falcons and Vikings, neither who were a huge threat. This year there are 4 outstanding teams left. SF has a 12 game winning streak. Cincy has a 10 game winning streak. And, KC is 10-1, with their only loss to Cincy. If you take out the head-to-head contests, those 3 teams are 32-0.

This may be the greatest championship weekend on paper that I can remember, when it comes to peaking teams. The Eagles are special. But, so are some of the other teams. I do think that our guys are the deepest across the board. And, our OL is hands down the best of the 4. If we win it all, it will probably be due to our OL being the difference.

Thank God we won it all in 2017, because there would be so much pressure on this team if we were still 0-fer.
              The championship rounds are always the best Sunday of the NFL season. Even more then the Super bowl. In the Super bowl people have all their squares and it's a big party and half the people there don't even watch the game. This Sunday four teams will battle it out to get to that Super Bowl which is the goal of every team in the beginning of the year. Of course once you are there you want to win it but this is even a bigger game if that makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Who knows what to do with Kittle?
                Kittle and McCaffrey scare me the most. Both can turn any play into a home run. ..Kittle with great hands, beast like power and good speed and McCcaffrey with multiple skills, great moves, surprising power for a guy his size and burner speed. Both also seem to have great heart. I can usually summon ample animus for the players on upcoming opposition who pose a serious threat but I find myself liking both these guys. Kittle especialy. Nobody plays harder than he, yet he doesn't hesitate to break balls at a crucial point in the game when he knows he on camera. I also loved it when McCaffrey mocked the way-beyond-trite "First Down Signaling" the occurs now universally around the league. I would love to see either one or both of these 'dudes' on our team.
                That said, I won't mind at all if both suffer injuries early that aren't real serious...just enough to take them out of the game.

Comment

Niners are a very good team. It should be a very tough game. There are many reasons for optimism though

1. San Fran has to travel West Coast to East Coast. Know how many times they did that in the whole season? 3 times, @ Bears in week 1 loss. @ Panthers in week 5 win. @ Falcons in week 6 loss. early in the season, but not exactly murderers row and they were 1-2. Been a while since they had to travel so far

2. Schedule. People that don't follow the Eagles have this thought that we had an easy schedule. The fact of the matter is we played over 66% of our games against teams that finished .500 or higher. 10-2 in those games. 10-1 in games started by Hurts and we all know that was the fluky fumbles from Miles, Dallas, and Quez. 49ers definitely did not have a tougher schedule

3. I think Hurts and the team are screwing with teams on his injury. I think he's healthier than they are letting on and we will see him do everything and anything to win this game

4. Purdy. He's still a rookie and he aint seen a stadium like this one.

Can the Niners win? Of course. These are 2 stud teams with talent on offense and defense. anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

The championship rounds are always the best Sunday of the NFL season. Even more then the Super bowl. In the Super bowl people have all their squares and it's a big party and half the people there don't even watch the game. This Sunday four teams will battle it out to get to that Super Bowl which is the goal of every team in the beginning of the year. Of course once you are there you want to win it but this is even a bigger game if that makes any sense.
                    I totally agree with this !!! I love the championship round better than the SB for the same reasons. It's just football between quality teams. The SB build up can be a beating, even when the Eagles are in it. Two weeks of constant over-analysis by the "experts". I don't know why they need to wait 2 weeks before the game. I HATE the SB halftime show as I feel that it derails from the feeling of the game. I have always left the room when the halftime show is on.

I was at a SB watching party when the Eagles won it all in 2017. I spent the halftime in my car trying to psych myself up for the 2nd half, expecting Brady to come back and win it as usual. When Brady's Hail Mary went incomplete on that last play, I just stood there in complete shock. I kept looking for flags and finally started celebrating like crazy when the players were running on the field.

It very well could have been the greatest night of my life, considering how much heartache we had suffered being long time Eagles fans over the years. I didn't think I would ever live to see them win it all. Many Eagles fans didn't. That is why this year is pretty special also. I am nowhere near as nervous about winning a SB this year and can actually enjoy what is taking place.

For me personally, it helps also that the Cowboys are out of it. I don't want to see Jerry Jones hoist another trophy in his life. Fortunately, he has probably already sold his soul in the past and doesn't have another one to offer the Devil

Comment

I’m not worried about Niners defense.

im worried about CMC gashing our run defense. There’s no way Purdy beats us. He’s a good player and a great story but he’s not Mahomes. He’s not Jalen.

we can only lose if they get 180 yards rushing or on screens.

Comment

I think that Eagles win this game, plain and simple. They have a lot of things in their favor right now.

1. As Dawk said, the Niners have to travel across the country, which they haven’t had to do in a very long time and a lot of their losses came when they made that trip.
                        2. The Eagles are home and the atmosphere will be hostile.
                        3. We’re healthier than the Niners are.
                        4. We have a week off so we’re well rested.
                        5. Our front 4 have 75 sacks this season. That kind of in your face pressure and bone jarring hits will likely have Purdy hearing footsteps. I expect Gannon to ratchet up the pressure significantly in this game to get in his head.
                        6. We have one of the best quarterbacks leading our team and they have a rookie seventh round draft pick who has played well as a game manager. He has never been in a game that’s this important and under this much pressure. Add in the hostile environment and hopefully a few early hits on him and I fully expect him to revert to the seventh round rookie that he is. There’s a reason he was overlooked for so long, and I expect that reason to make an appearance tomorrow.

The key to this game in my opinion is to get out to a quick start. We can’t let the Niners take the crowd out of the game and they definitely will try to do just that. If we can build a lead early and get pressure on Purdy we should take this game. The Niners are the best team we have faced in a long time, but I feel pretty good about our chances. The thing I know for sure is if this is going to be one hell of a game!!!!
                        Last edited by Jukin; 01-28-2023, 02:17 PM.
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

the more this week has gone by, the more confident I am that we'll win by 10+ points.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                            the more this week has gone by, the more confident I am that we'll win by 10+ points.

If I'm looking at this game from the outside I think that San Francisco is the best team in the NFC. That doesn't mean I think the Eagles are going to get beat because there are just too many variables in a football game and things can turn on a dime. The best team doesn't always win, we all know that. I think the Linc gives us an advantage but not as much as everybody thinks. We've been beaten at home in the playoffs before. I do believe however that the home field advantage did get us to the Super bowl in 2017.
                            Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                            If I'm looking at this game from the outside and I think that San Francisco is the best team in the NFC. That doesn't mean I think the Eagles are going to get beat because there are just too many variables in a football game and things can turn on a dime. The best team doesn't always win, we all know that. I think the Linc gives us an advantage but not as much as everybody thinks. We've been beaten at home in the playoffs before. I do believe however that the home field advantage did get us to the Super bowl in 2017. Our team was just jacked out of their asses and Julio Jones slipped in the end zone and we pulled out the game. In the Super bowl we played way over our heads and everybody on the team had the game of their lives. Because we couldn't stop Brady in the second-half the game came down to who had the ball last and we held on. What a glorious moment that was when the ball hung in the end zone and finally dropped to the ground on the Hail Mary that Brady threw. I've got the feeling that this game will go the same way and a one point win would be fabulous and send us to the promised land! God birds!!!
                            Last edited by Eagle60; 01-28-2023, 03:21 PM.

Comment

That Julio Jones play really could've gone either way. And then we'd never have witnessed the Vikings beat down and the SB.

Comment

Working...
                              X