Is Mailatta the weak link? Shocking stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mailatta the weak link? Shocking stat

LT Jordan Mailata (who ranked 56th out of 64 in pass-block win rate this season).
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I agree with your statement, he hasn't been dominant, but I feel he should be a bit higher
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      I agree with your statement, he hasn't been dominant, but I feel he should be a bit higher
      He's a friekin brute in the run game though but his pass protection has really been off. I don't get it because he was great last year and got the big contract. I just stumbled on the DVOA quote while reading an article about our line and thought I should post it for some reason. Bad timing on my part and maybe I shouldn't have done it but I was stunned when I read it.

Comment

Probably get roasted for saying it but I think Mailata is a bit overrated. He’s a good tackle and I am certainly not saying they should dump him but I don’t think he is as
        dominant as we like to think. He is still pretty new to this game of football.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          Probably get roasted for saying it but I think Mailata is a bit overrated. He’s a good tackle and I am certainly not saying they should dump him but I don’t think he is as
          dominant as we like to think. He is still pretty new to this game of football.
          he's been having problems with speed rushers beating him wide. Maybe there's an injury he's playing through
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I think right now JM is overrated by the fanbase. But he is only 24 and in his second season as a starter. Barring injury, I want no other LT in the league. Unless Lane retires in the off-season and then flip JM to RT and keep Dillard.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              I think right now JM is overrated by the fanbase. But he is only 24 and in his second season as a starter. Barring injury, I want no other LT in the league. Unless Lane retires in the off-season and then flip JM to RT and keep Dillard.

I really doubt that Lane will retire AW for a couple of reasons. Offensive lineman tend to have long careers and he is so competitive that I think he will go as long as he can. I know his ankle has given him problems in the past so maybe that will factor into his decision down the road. He's only 29 years old so for now I think they would have to drag him off the field. I can see where you're coming from though, especially for such a large guy on a with an ankle injury. This year it was a hernia so I think he sticks for a while anyway. What they do with Dillard is anybody's guess.

Comment

60… I hear you but he is actually 32 and has had recurring lower body issues. He’s also had some mental issues. I don’t think it’s likely but I would not be surprised. I hope he plays for 2-3 more years. He an JM are great. I hope Kelce comes back too on a hometown deal and then we can put Jurgens at RG cuz I think Isaac is a goner. Someone will pay him.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I can't argue that. We'll see. I just remember those torture workouts he used to do in the offseason. He's a different animal.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    60… I hear you but he is actually 32 and has had recurring lower body issues. He’s also had some mental issues. I don’t think it’s likely but I would not be surprised. I hope he plays for 2-3 more years. He an JM are great. I hope Kelce comes back too on a hometown deal and then we can put Jurgens at RG cuz I think Isaac is a goner. Someone will pay him.
                    I was thinking of Jurgens at RG for a season along side of his mentor. What a great learning experience

Comment

Birds have a great OL and they are deep although they depth is just that depth. But the birds have potential OL issues. Lane is a concern because he has had anxiety issues along with some physical issues. Kelce is one because if they win it all this year that might be his cue to go out on top. Seumalo is one because he may be offered a big payday. Mailata and Dickerson are about the only sure thing, if there is such a thing, for next year.
                      However I am on this year and two more wins. Guess I worry about next year in late Feb
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

That was a good point that you guys made about Isaac probably not being around next year. I don't think the Eagles can afford him either. Maybe Dillard sticks around for a new contract after all. He can play guard as well as tackle.

Comment

Thinking very short-term, heard Ritchie talk about Bosa on Sunday. He thinks Bosa will start on Lane but after Lane holds up Bosa will flip to the other side. Ritchie seemed concerned about Mailata against Bosa.
                          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                            Thinking very short-term, heard Ritchie talk about Bosa on Sunday. He thinks Bosa will start on Lane but after Lane holds up Bosa will flip to the other side. Ritchie seemed concerned about Mailata against Bosa.
                            Bosa flipsides against every team that he plays and he gives every tackle in the league trouble. He's the kind of guy that is a game wrecker and teams have to game plan for him.

Comment

Have to know where he is when you go up to the line and scheme for him that’s for sure
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X