Gannon Perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gannon Perspective

Since the one guy that has been disrespected all year has been Gannon, I think a bit of recognition is deserved.
    The team shaved almost 5 total points off the PPG allowed this year.
    The team is at 16 and 3 (Soon to be 17 and 3) and two of the L's have come without the starting QB (and MVP in my Book)!
    The players WANT to play for the guy, and I haven't heard of ANY discontent from the Defense.
    Other teams wanted to interview him for HC, without him having that deep of an experience level.
    Yes, he has a lot of talented players, but as a coach, HE is responsible for putting them in a position to win... we always say that!
    And HE WANTS to stay as DC in PHILLY!

This should teach us all a very valuable lesson as fans----- We really don't know jack shit! And that our opinions are just that, opinions from non-professionals!!! And that we only get to see a fraction of what it takes to be successful in the NFL today. We did the same thing to Howie. We even did the same thing to Hurts early on.

So let's appreciate them all because they are winning.... and as fans that is really what we enjoy.

Go Birds----- Eagles 35 Chiefs 24. (maybe).

41 - 33 Birds!
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

birds 34-24
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I agree, MD. Gotta give him his due.

Eagles win, 34-27

Comment

You won't hear me complain about Gannon, This team's objective is to get better incrementally and to peak next weekend . From everything I've seen, that's what is going to happen
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            You won't hear me complain about Gannon, This team's objective is to get better incrementally and to peak next weekend . From everything I've seen, that's what is going to happen
            You might be right MM but I still think that he just was dealt a royal flush.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I have not been a fan of Gannon at all. His lack of aggression early on had me beating my head against the wall. I also said multiple times last year that I wanted Howie fired. Both of these guys have proven that they know what they’re doing and that there’s a reason I’m not an NFL GM!! We are one win away from our second EVER Lombardi trophy in team history!! Think about that for a minute.

Gannon can stay and deserves to rub our collective faces in it at the parade. Howie is another story. I honestly don’t know what to say about this guy. He is infuriating sometimes but only because we don’t really understand what his short term goals are. Trading Wentz seemed like the Eagles were giving up after cutting ties with Petersen just two years after a Super Bowl win. What other team in history has pulled the trigger that fast on a coach with a fresh Super Bowl win on his resume? I really did not understand any of it. But here comes Howie with his secret and frustrating plan and just two years later we are right back in the Super Bowl.

He has had two incredible runs as our GM building rosters that are deep and incredibly talented. The fact that we are going back to the Super Bowl just two years after blowing up the team, firing the head coach, and trading away our franchise quarterback is staggering! He has done what so many other teams, including that group of lowlife, POS scumbags from that shit hole in Texas have failed to do for 28 years and counting. I gotta tip my hat to both of these guys and eat some crow along the way. Win or lose next week they both deserve serious raises, and our support rather than our criticism. Of course, that’s not the Philly way…
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Bradbury, CJCJ, Joseph, Reddick, Suh, Davis, and White were added to this year's roster that already had three pro bowlers on it. If any team brings in that kind of talent they are going to have one hell of a defense. The talent on the Eagles defense makes any mediocre coach like Gannon look like a genius. Sorry guys but I'm not buying. How do you think JJ or Buddy would have done with the kind of talent that is on this team? With the offensive talent we had this year the defense wasn't nearly called upon to stop other teams as they were last year.

Heck I'm on this site 24/7 and I live the Eagles every day and half the people in this town know how nuts I am about them. I'm thrilled to be going to a Super Bowl and that's really all I care about but really singing the praises of Gannon is a little over the top. Let's face it everybody is all glad handing and giddy when you are winning and everybody is positive as all hell and that's a good thing, but I'm not going to be a hypocrite and go gah gah over an average coach . That being said let's kick the living crap out of Kansas City!!(this little guy cracks me up).
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I’ve been behind him since last year and we had a decent defense without the additions. Buddy and JJ had players and were considered good coaches. You still need to manipulate the puppets to make things work

Comment

now I really like Gannon

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph..._rsn_phi_fb_mn

Comment

With all the talent, what did Gannon do?
                      • Led the league in sacks by a WIDE margin
                      • Led the league in passing yards given up per game
                      • Only gave up 300 yards total offense / game (2nd in league)
                      • 3rd in the league in % of drives that ended in a T/O
                      • Led the league in net yards per pass attempt
                      So yeah, he had talent but the defense delivered dominant numbers. I don't know what else you want from Gannon.

At times he's frustrated me too but I wonder if there were games where they went vanilla (e.g. the Saints game) to give the opposition less relevant tape.

Comment

There are games like that but there are also games where they just didn’t have a good game plan IMM. But every single team has games like that. Games where they should beat a team but they don’t. Now hate that soft defense as much as I hate the prevent defense so I might be a little jaundiced when I see him do that but overall you can’t argue with the results over the course of the season.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Working...
                        X