Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Sign ex-Steelers safety Terrell Edmunds

One-year deal.

The 26-year-old Edmunds was a first-round pick of the Steelers in 2018. Pittsburgh didn’t pick up his fifth-year option but did sign him to a one-year contract last year, and he started 15 games, but he’ll now move on to Philadelphia.
    Free agent safety Terrell Edmunds is heading to Philadelphia.The Eagles have signed Edmunds to a one-year contract, according to multiple reports.Philadelphia lost safety CJ Gardner-Johnson in free agency but has now signed two safeties this week, Edmunds and Justin Evans.The 26-year-old Edmunds was a first-round pick of the Steelers in 2018. Pittsburgh didn’t pick up [more]

More on Edmunds:

In 2022, he had 70 tackles, 2 sacks, and 5 pass breakups. He will now join the Eagles as an unrestricted free agent.

Edmunds has good size at 6'1, 217, and before last season he had never missed a game due to injury. He was a first-round pick partly because of his impressive athleticism

Edmunds will likely compete for a starting job at safety (or perhaps a safety/linebacker hybrid role?) for the Eagles in 2023, but the guess here is that there will still be more moves to come.
    Edmunds has good size at 6'1, 217, and before last season he had never missed a game due to injury. He was a first-round pick partly because of his impressive athleticism.

Comment

Nice addition, add in the 4 top draft picks, and if we get valuable minutes out of 2 of them, we will have a decent season. They have set themselves up nicely to let the board fall where it may
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I like the signing. Better tackler than either Epps or CJGJ but he is not a turnover guy. Just a solid player.

I am starting to believe they are setting themselves up to trade up from 10 to get Carter or Tyree Wilson. They had Carter in today along with a possible surprise pick. Brian Bresee. I think Bresee is a top 15 player in this draft. Definitely more of a pass rush DT but he has some get up and go. Just like Hargrave did.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

“That day, you could just tell how close they really were,” Edmunds said. “It wasn’t just, ‘I’m your teammate and then I go home.’ Those guys out there at the softball game, even though they tried to stack their team, they just had a good time out there playing together, and you could just tell that they were competitive. That’s something that you want in any team, seeing people that want love to go out there and compete and love to go out there and work and get each other better.”

The Steelers made Edmunds their first-round draft pick in 2018, and he spent the first five seasons of his career in Pittsburgh. Last season, Edmunds started in 15 games, finishing with five passes defended and 70 tackles. He also proved that he was an effective blitzer when called upon to rush the passer, getting two sacks and three pressures in 10 blitz opportunities, according to Pro Football Reference.” However, Edmunds seemingly knew his time with the Steelers was coming to an end and he would be signing elsewhere when he tweeted his goodbye to Pittsburgh Thursday.

“I had five great seasons with the Steelers,” Edmunds said. “I met some great teammates, and they have great coaches and a great culture over there. But when I came over here and I spoke to all of the coaching staff when I talked to some of the guys on the Philly team, it just really bought me into it and now I’m bought in and I’m just ready to work and ready to come here and just give everything I got.”

Edmunds has lined up at free safety and has played closer to the line of scrimmage, positioning himself to go against slot receivers and tight ends, which Gardner-Johnson did a lot last season for the Eagles. That flexibility can give new defensive coordinator Sean Desai some creativity when it comes to varying the coverage looks a quarterback would see.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
            One-year deal.
            Ding Ding Ding - Winner!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

At this point, I like Breese more than Carter. There is just too much risk with Carter.

As for Edmunds, I like him a lot. He is a big safety and I like bigger guys at that position. I need my safety to be a willing tackler that can run enough to cover the TE a bit. If he can slide down and cover the corner, that's a plus but we have Maddox and Greedy Williams and we are in Nickel the majority of the time. So Maddox is on the field.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
              X