Bryce Huff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryce Huff

NFL Rumors: Bryce Huff to Have 'Robust' Free-Agent Market; Eagles Linked as Suitors

MIKE CHIARI​MARCH 9, 2024

Al Bello/Getty Images
    Former New York Jets pass-rusher Bryce Huff is reportedly expected to be a highly coveted asset when NFL free agency begins next week.

According to Zack Rosenblatt of The Athletic, Huff is going to have a "robust" market, and the Philadelphia Eagles plan to make him one of the first players they contact when the legal tampering period begins Monday.

Dianna Russini of The Athletic added that the Eagles have been shopping pass-rushers Josh Sweat and Haason Reddick, and it is anticipated that they will "aggressively pursue" Huff in free agency.

After going undrafted out of Memphis in 2020, Huff signed with the Jets, and he made the team as an undrafted rookie.

Over his first three NFL seasons, Huff had fairly modest production as a situational pass-rusher, recording 7.5 sacks in 37 games including seven starts.

Huff enjoyed a breakout season at the perfect time, though, appearing in every game for the first time in his career in 2023, and setting career highs with 29 tackles, 10 sacks, 10 tackles for loss and 21 quarterback hits.

Despite not starting a single game last season, Huff led the Jets in sacks and quarterback hits, and he positioned himself for a huge payday in free agency.

00:0700:29
    ✨ Watch more top videos, highlights, and B/R original content
    If the Jets let Huff walk in free agency, it will likely be due to their expectation that 2022 first-round pick Jermaine Johnson and 2023 first-round pick Will McDonald IV are ready to play the bulk of the snaps on the edge.

New York's loss would be a significant gain for another team in search of an addition to bolster its pass rush.

Last season, the Eagles ranked a pedestrian 19th in the NFL in sacks with 43, which was a huge downgrade from 2022 when they led the league with 70 sacks.

Reddick led the team with 11 sacks, which marked his fourth consecutive season with double-digit sacks, but no other player had more than 6.5.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I don’t want to get in a bidding war for this guy… sorry.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      I don’t want to get in a bidding war for this guy… sorry.
      I agree. Getting paid off one good year. Can he play the run at 247 any better than Reddick? Makes some sense to get assets for Reddick and replace him with a guy who just costs $, but I want someone who can play the run. Hate to say it, but think we missed Barnett and his ability to set the edge.
      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
        I agree. Getting paid off one good year. Can he play the run at 247 any better than Reddick? Makes some sense to get assets for Reddick and replace him with a guy who just costs $, but I want someone who can play the run. Hate to say it, but think we missed Barnett and his ability to set the edge.
        Re: Barnett. Totally agree. I think that ability will be given some priority when seeking new edge/LB prospects in FA and the draft. Is Huff that guy?

Comment

Working...
        X