No announcement yet.

Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cool...I saw Copeland with Oysterhead and he still drums with the best of them IMO...

Anyone have an info on the new Bloc Party?
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by stevemc
      The Police announce their tour. Philly is not listed as of yet but it is on their schedule. I'm sure they'll play on either side of their early August MSG dates.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-police/26393
      i am sooooo psyched. i have been waiting for this for 20 years.

Comment

• i got an advanced copy of the new Arcade Fire. i've only listened to it once, but definitely like it so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by betty
          i got an advanced copy of the new Arcade Fire. i've only listened to it once, but definitely like it so far.
          I knew it would take awhile but now that I've broken through on the album with about 10 listens - it now has that epic quality to it. It happened with the first album and now the second has done it to me as well.

Also - set your VCRs, TIVOs or DVRs - Arcade Fire are playing SNL this weekend.

Comment

• yeah, the new arcade fire has that epic quality of the first album. i really like it.

i'm also really digging the new modest mouse after only one listen. very, very good.

Comment

• and i love the new Of Montreal album.

'07 has already been a fantastic year for music.

Comment

• Really? I've heard a couple of songs and although I liked them, I wasn't compelled to buy it. It's that good eh?

Comment

Really? I've heard a couple of songs and although I liked them, I wasn't compelled to buy it. It's that good eh?
                  which album, modest mouse or of montreal? either way, i like them both very much. the of montreal is a bit different than his last two albums -- it's much more bitter and full of personal feelings rather than the ultra-bright i'm used to.

Comment

• I meant the Of Montreal album - you know the "Chemical-a-al-a-al-a-al-a-als" one.

There are some really disturbing pics of the lead singer at a concert recently.

Comment

I meant the Of Montreal album - you know the "Chemical-a-al-a-al-a-al-a-als" one.

There are some really disturbing pics of the lead singer at a concert recently.
                      i don't think there's a whole band, but rather him and then musicians that interchange on different albums and tours (probably a bunch of retreads from Elephant 6 -- those guys seem to show up on all of each other's albums). i think on the earlier albums, the of montreal guy actually played most of the instruments. yes, he definitely is somewhat of a weirdo, but what do you expect with music like what he makes.

Comment

• i just got 4 free tickets to see the police in oakland in june. i am sooooooo psyched. i'm a huge fan, but i would have felt like a complete schmuck shelling out $225 per ticket.

i also just bought tickets to arcade fire in berkeley. haven't seen them before and am very much looking forward to this show.

Comment

• Arcade Fire's official release is today. I did buy it - the official version sounds so much better. It's a must get for any fans of "Funeral".

Comment

What are you looking forward to music wise in '07?

For me:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
                            The Shins
                            Arcade Fire
                            Travis
                            Radiohead (although reports are sketchy but all the songs are written)

anyone else?
                            Had to follow up on this as so many of the albums I've been looking forward to are out or close to it.

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - B+
                            The Shins - B+
                            Arcade Fire - A
                            Travis - (only 7 songs have leaked so far but based on these alone) A-

Comment

Had to follow up on this as so many of the albums I've been looking forward to are out or close to it.

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - B+
                              The Shins - B+
                              Arcade Fire - A
                              Travis - (only 7 songs have leaked so far but based on these alone) A-
                              i have to say that i think the CYSHSY is only a C. it's not nearly as strong as their first effort. plus, why did they make the sound levels of the first song unlistenable? i actually like the song itself, but cannot listen to it because it hurts my ears.

Comment

• Ohhhh I'm totally looking forward to the Travis album. Their last one sucked and I'm hoping they come back strong. The Man Who is one of the most underrated albums of all time. It's probably better than any Coldplay album.

betty - they were being artsy. That song has already been deleted from my itunes.

Comment

Working...
                                X