No announcement yet.

Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, I gotta say I'm not a big fan of those Bon Iver covers. He takes all of the fun out of Your Love.

Comment

• Joe Bonamassa-Guitars
      Glenn Hughes-vocals
      Jason Bonham- Drums
      Derek Sherinian- Keyboards

good ol' rock'n'roll
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• I realize they haven't been the band they once were but I'm asking you to pause in a moment of silence on behalf of the breakup of R.E.M.

Thank you

Comment

• I lost my religion for REM a long time ago.
          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

• Originally posted by musicman View Post
            Joe Bonamassa-Guitars
            Glenn Hughes-vocals
            Jason Bonham- Drums
            Derek Sherinian- Keyboards

good ol' rock'n'roll
            I'm intrigued by this album. Heard good things from several people. I have to give it a listen.
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

• So it seems like a lot of people are jacked about the new Wilco. I like some of the tunes but have to say it's still a little too monotonous for me.

Speaking of montonous, the new Ryan Adams is because it's mostly acoustic but still very good.

I've been listening to the new Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks. It's really good. If there are any Pavement fans out there, Malkmus harks back a little more to this sound than his previous solo stuff.

Comment

• Fire and Ashes rivals some of his better stuff. I love the last two songs. Can't wait for the concert!

Comment

• Dude - get it straight. "Ashes & Fire". That must be your dropbox talking.

Yeah - I wish he had a full band but it still should be great. The venue is going to be incredible with him.

Comment

• I've seen him tons of times and the solo performances are so great. I hope he brings his piano and I hope he plays Brown Sugar. Fantastic rendition.

Fire and Ashes!

Comment

• Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                      I'm intrigued by this album. Heard good things from several people. I have to give it a listen.
                      quality not too great,but you get the idea
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• recent Ryan Adams setlist:

Setlist:
                        "Sweet Carolina"
                        "Everybody Knows"
                        "Ashes & Fire"
                        "Dirty Rain"
                        "Sweet Little Gal" (piano)
                        "Invisible Riverside"
                        "New York, New York" (piano)
                        "Winding Wheel"
                        "Firecracker"
                        "Please Do Not Let Me Go"
                        "Lucky Now"
                        "English Girls Approximately"
                        "Let it Ride"
                        "Blue Hotel"
                        "Carolina Rain"
                        "Two"
                        "16 Days" (Whiskeytown)
                        "Houses on the Hill" (Whiskeytown)
                        "I See Monsters"
                        "Why Do They Leave"
                        "Jacksonville Skyline" (Whiskeytown)

Encore: (with Jason Isbell)
                        "Love in the First Degree" (Alabama)
                        "Dancing with the Women at the Bar" (Whiskeytown)
                        Improvisational “Relish” jam
                        "Come Pick Me Up"

Holy shit, if I got this setlist, i'd be ecstastic.

Comment

• it better be good Vin!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                            it better be good Vin!
                            If you're a fan of faggoty sad bastard music (and I know you are!) you'll enjoy the concert.

Comment

• So what did you think Steve?

I was so excited about the acoustic show but I can see why it's better with it mixed in with faster songs. Like a 50/50 mix. So basically you got half a great concert, which is typical Ryan Adams anyway since he used to be falling down drunk the other half.

The audience was kinda retarded too.

Comment

• Vin, it was awesome. I had chills a half dozen times. His interaction w the audience was great too. I didn't think it would work but it did for me big time.

Comment

Working...
                                X