Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very cool. Did he autotune?!

Comment

• It was pretty cool. I personally think he ruins a song on the album by overproducing it. But he just did some bluesy guitar solos and sang harmonies on a few songs.

have you guys seen Bon Joviver?

Comment

• That's hilarious.

I've been listening to the new Cloud Nothings. I'm reverting back to some sort of grunge sound I guess. It's pretty good though.

Comment

• I've been cracking up today over all the morons on twitter (mostly younger people and pop listeners) getting really pissed off that Bonnie Bear won best new artist.

http://read.mtvhive.com/2012/02/13/bonnie-bear/

Comment

• Holy crap - new Sigur Ros is coming out May 29th. I can't wait. Vin - I'm trying to recall if you are a fan and perhaps got me into them to begin with. It's a band that I have such a bromance with, it ain't funny. If you intro'd thanks! If you didn't, you better listen. New song is posted on their site.

Comment

• I'm a big lyrics fan but I friggin love Sigur Ros even though I have no idea what they're saying. I must make up my own.

Sometimes those lyrics I make up are the same as radiohead songs...

Comment

• I have yet to see Sigur Ros or Arcade Fire in concert. Those are the two I must see at some point to find contentment.

Comment

• Maybe the new Shins album is too pop-ish for some tastes and perhaps it doesn't measure up to 'Wincing the Night Away,' but I am digging it.
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

• I'll have to check it out.

I haven't had a really great album strike me in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                      I'll have to check it out.

I haven't had a really great album strike me in a while.
                      I'm in the same boat. Len - I listened to a bit of "Port Of Morrow" after you posted this. It sounds pretty good. Mercer canned everybody else and started the group anew.

Comment

• Fiona Apple is coming out with a new album and is gonna play the tower.

When The Pawn... is one of my favorite albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                          I have yet to see Sigur Ros or Arcade Fire in concert. Those are the two I must see at some point to find contentment.

Hopefully fulfilling one of these dreams as Sigur Ros is coming to Philly on 07/30. Vin - you can count yourself out already - it's general admission on a lawn at the Mann.

Comment

• The last album to blow me away (and I hate to say this because I am really not a big fan of rap/hip-hop music) was Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy." The past 18 months has been a lull time as far as music is concerned.

I have gotten into Ryan Adams' music a lot recently (Thanks, Vin!). Disc 2 from "Cold Roses" is simply great. Ryan Adams is an unheralded genius as far as I am concerned.

Pandora has opened me up to some artists I never knew about.

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

• Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                              Hopefully fulfilling one of these dreams as Sigur Ros is coming to Philly on 07/30. Vin - you can count yourself out already - it's general admission on a lawn at the Mann.
                              Totally out. I'd see them in Berkeley on a lawn but not the Mann. The grass is wrong...

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                              The last album to blow me away (and I hate to say this because I am really not a big fan of rap/hip-hop music) was Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy." The past 18 months has been a lull time as far as music is concerned.

I have gotten into Ryan Adams' music a lot recently (Thanks, Vin!). Disc 2 from "Cold Roses" is simply great. Ryan Adams is an unheralded genius as far as I am concerned.

Pandora has opened me up to some artists I never knew about.
                              Port of Morrow is growing on me. The last few albums of new stuff that I really liked was Beach House, The XX, and Phoenix.

There really has been a lull in the past 18 months of "this is good, you need to listen.." Andrew Bird is getting a lot of PT but nothing I tell people about. We need something big to come along.

I hope the new Rush album is good. I heard the new Van Halen single and it was like "who are these dudes imitating Van Halen?"

what Ryan Adams albums are you missing?

Comment

• Spotify has me going into the past. I've been enjoying Prince, Smashing Pumpkins, Violent Femmes among others. I've digesting Exile on Main St. now.

The Real Estate album is very good. M83 has put out the best music of the past 6 months or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X