No announcement yet.

OT: World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If England wins, then I want to know if FIFA contacted David Stern on how to maximize profit. Germany, Italy, England and Brazil/France is basically like Lakers, Knicks, Celtics and Bulls all playing (which would be impossible).
    "Luck is the residue of design"
    -Branch Rickey

Comment

• Italy - Ukraine ends up as a 3-0 Italian win, but the game was a bit closer than it seemed. Ukrainians beat the goalie, but shot right into a defender on the goalie once, hit the crossbar with one header, etc. Their defense just gave up on them.

Comment

• Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!?!?!?!
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• It's so weird watching Crouch play. He's like a giraffe amongst zebras.

Comment

• The GK for Portugal was phenomenal in the penalty kicks. He looked bored by it (i.e. calm, cool, collected) and the English goalie looked really scared when C. Ronaldo came up for his PK like "oh shit.. here come Dwayne Wade about to dunk on my ass".

terrible game. great ending.

Comment

• Terrible game is right. Dunno know happened to Beckham, Rooney blew it, the rep should have called a handball in the box, or a penalty in the box another time............aaarrgh! Just wan't meant to be. I actually thought they played well, and gave a great effort for the most part. That England defense is just SOLID.

The GK for Portugal was the shit, true enough.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Holy cow ... 1-0 France, with 30+ to go, and it could be a lot worse if things had gone a little different.

Comment

• Brazil played like absolute shit today.

I guess I'll be rooting on Portugal for the rest of the WC.

Comment

• There's something about Theirry Henry I don't like but I can't quite place my finger on it.

He reminds me of another athlete...

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                      There's something about Theirry Henry I don't like but I can't quite place my finger on it.

He reminds me of Rip Hamilton for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyc_eagle
                        Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                        There's something about Theirry Henry I don't like but I can't quite place my finger on it.

Funny.. I was thinking Chauncey Billups.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                          Originally posted by nyc_eagle
                          Originally posted by sfphillyfan

Funny.. I was thinking Chauncey Billups.
                          So we agree it's some dickbag on the Pistons?

Comment

• If the use of screens was the equivalent of offsides in soccer, then I argue it's Rip.

Comment

• Boy... this world cup has been great except for the fucking diving. Some dude just went down for 5 mins cause someone stepped on his foot and then the medical staff treated it by squirting water on it...

Comment

• I thought the World Crap, sorry I meant World Cup was "live" on ESPN tonight at midnight.....
                                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                                X