(OT) A little shakey up here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) A little shakey up here

I don't know if you guys have heard about it, but Cape Cod has been the home of a bunch of GREAT WHITE SHARKS for the past week. Believe it or not, they have tagged 5 of them in the past 2 days. One was a 15 footer. They are lacated off the beach in Chathem (that's at the elbow of the Cape on the south side). Damn, I bet I've swam there 50 times. Time for the old timer to just beach it I guess!!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Great Whites are no match for the Duke of the Atlantic!

Comment

Great Whites are a concern even when just one or two are sighted. But '5 tagged in 2 days'...not a good sign. Most sharks tend to avoid the cooler waters found in the northern latitudes, but not these inconsiderate pricks.

It would be a shame if you gave up swimming in the ocean waters if it's something you really enjoy. Suggestion: Take some cheap, shiny costume jewelry with you whenever you go to the beach and give it to tourists on the condition that they wear it when they go in water. And then just keep your distance from them.

Sharks have to eat too!

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post

Great Whites are a concern even when just one or two are sighted. But '5 tagged in 2 days'...not a good sign. Most sharks tend to avoid the cooler waters found in the northern latitudes, but not these inconsiderate pricks.

It would be a shame if you gave up swimming in the ocean waters if it's something you really enjoy. Suggestion: Take some cheap, shiny costume jewelry with you whenever you go to the beach and give it to tourists on the condition that they wear it when they go in water. And then just keep your distance from them.

Sharks have to eat too!
        I believe the're around here because of the seals. I guess that they travel up the gulf stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Ike View Post
          Great Whites are no match for the Duke of the Atlantic!
          And IKE, no more body surfing lessons for you!!

Comment

Remember, 60, you don't have to outswim the shark, just the guy next to you.

tino - how about he gives a shiny big Dallas Cowboys medallion to visiting boys fans? Wouldn't that be doing two good deeds?

Comment

I have $500 to start the "Drew Rosenhaus wins a free trip to Cape Cod" fund. It'll provide Drew and his borther an all expenses paid trip to Cape Cod with the only condition being daily swims in the ocean at Chathem. If anyone would like to contribute to the fund make the checks out to me.

Hey Drew, payback is a bitch you asshole!!
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I'm in the water all of the time. I went surfing 4 times over Labor Day weekend. I love being out in the ocean. But if I thnk about what could be out in those waters with me, it gets a bit freaky. I just try to block it out.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

you're going to need a bigger boat.

Comment

I'm glad to see them there. Perhaps they will eat a few dozen of those insufferable Patriots and Red Sox fans and do the world a favor. Then we can erect bronze shark statues outside the ESPN HQ inscribed with "Too bad you bastards didn't show up."

Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X