• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC Sports/PFT: Eagles concerned they were tipping plays

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tipping-plays/

Eagles are concerned that they're tipping plays

Posted by Mike Florio on January 9, 2010 11:16 AM ET
    As the Eagles prepared to return to Dallas for a rematch of Sunday's 24-0 Cowboys victory, Philly has decided to take a hard look at whether they made their opponents' job even easier six days ago.

According to Ed Werder of ESPN, the Eagles are concerned that they've been tipping plays based on the presence of running back Brian Westbrook or LeSean McCoy on the field.

On one hand, it's good that the Eagles are taking a close look at their own tendencies. On the other hand, it would have been better if they'd done it before a Week 17 game that, with a win, would have delivered the No. 2 seed and a bye.

It would be great if there was an easy explaination for last weeks debacle. So, I hope this is true.

Comment

I was just watching NBC. Mike Florio is one awkward dude.

Comment

Wasn't that home Giants game when they got stuffed on 4th and 1 with westbrook, when the Giants called it out and shifted to that side, people were concerned about tipping off plays?

I guess they haven't found the problem

Comment

Maybe they should try to level the Pass/run ratio. When you drop back 8 of 10 times the D knows what's coming.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            Maybe they should try to level the Pass/run ratio. When you drop back 8 of 10 times the D knows what's coming.
            Yeah no shit. When the opposing teams fans know whats coming I can say with confidence that the team knows what's coming.
            FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Who would put it past Jerry Jones to have built in a system to eves drop on our communications between coaches and players.
              Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

I don't think they needed to. The only tip they neded to know was, we SUCK.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                X