Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witherspoon signs with Titans...

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/3/9/136...ns-free-agency

3 years for 11 million and 5 million guaranteed.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Hey, good luck to him.

Comment

So we are all on the same page. Our starting linebackers are now Gocong (When will his days end?), Bradley (ACL Tear) and Akeem Jordan (Not a legit starting LB on a Super Bowl team)

Sweetness. Why was Dansby a bad fit again when we have no salary cap?
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Its March 10th

Cards play a 3-4 and I suppose the Eagles did not feel Dansby was a good fit for us

I wish Witherspoon well, but I doubt we are going to be in dire straits without him
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I loved Dire Straits.... and I think the Eagles are big fans too because apparently they think "They will get byeeee byeeee aaa... they will get bye."

Resurrect the bones of Levon Kirkland and James Darling!
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
            Akeem Jordan (Not a legit starting LB on a Super Bowl team)
            I wanted Dansby too, but do you really think Scott Fujita and Scott Shanle are significantly better than Jordan/Gaither?
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
              I wanted Dansby too, but do you really think Scott Fujita and Scott Shanle are significantly better than Jordan/Gaither?
              The Snow Patrol? No. But they weren't really counted on. They had Drew Brees. The Saints didn't shut down the Colts by being great on defense. They simply kept Peyton off the field and whatshisname made one great play to seal it.

Comment

Like I said in the other threads---- I just don't understand this one. I thought maybe he was shopping and that when he found out he wasn't worth 5 mill he would be back-- but i guess they just didn't want him back. This is where I have a hard time...... dammit, keep him till training camp till we see what we have or don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Like I said in the other threads---- I just don't understand this one. I thought maybe he was shopping and that when he found out he wasn't worth 5 mill he would be back-- but i guess they just didn't want him back. This is where I have a hard time...... dammit, keep him till training camp till we see what we have or don't have.

I couldn't agree more MD... makes no sense at all. Now, it looks like we are stuck with TDK unless a miracle happens. Ugggg.

Comment

The second half of last season must have sealed his fate here as far as the coaching staff was concerned. I thought he was a serviceable LB'r for us and would have been good insurance going into training camp. The Eagles obviously think otherwise.
                    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

I liked him but what do I know. Maybe he just didn't have the wheels anymore to play WLB.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

So, we found ourselves in a shitty depth situation at LB last season, made a desperate trade to get this guy to fill that void by giving up on a promising young WR (and a pick?), just to cut him loose and put ourselves back in a similar scenario again......for no good reason as far as I can tell.
                        W
                        T
                        F
                        ??????????
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

It's got to be a $ thing. Realistically, what are the odds we find a LB (taking $ out of it) that will perform better than Spoon would have this year?

> Gaither?
                          > Rookie LB draft pick?
                          > Someone else?

I'm sure they will find someone who makes less though.

Please do not accuse me of accusing the Eagles of being cheap. All I'm saying is that I think the Eagles don't think Spoon is worth it. That's not to say they think they'll find someone who is better than him, but that maybe they think they can find someone who is actually worth their $. We shouldn't be surprised as we saw the same thing with Dawk last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                            So we are all on the same page. Our starting linebackers are now Gocong (When will his days end?), Bradley (ACL Tear) and Akeem Jordan (Not a legit starting LB on a Super Bowl team)

Sweetness. Why was Dansby a bad fit again when we have no salary cap?
                            Well my page reads Gocong (or an improved Fokou or someone else), Bradley (good player), and Jordan (emerging young player who was starting to look good before getting dinged last year.) So I really only see one spot that's problematic. I completely disagree with you about Jordan not being good enough.

I don't know, I'm just a lot more sanguine about our linebackers than most. Seems like Bradley's return should be a bigger deal around here.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

1st Guy: (keeps hitting his head into a brick wall)
                              2nd Guy: "Why the hell are you doing that?"
                              1st Guy: "Because it feels so good when I stop!"

I think maybe I should stop!
                              Last edited by tinopuno; 03-10-2010, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X