No announcement yet.

Day Three Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rather than Sapp (How many DE's do we need? Oh, that's right, were going to the Total Max Pressure Plus!), I wish we had taken the player selected next: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profil...anks?id=496731
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Are they toying around with the idea of moving to a 3-4 possibly??????

Patterson on the nose. Abiamiri and Bunkley on the edges with Parker as a backup. and then line up graham and cole at the OLB positions?

Bradley and Fokou/Sims on the inside possibly??
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
        Are they toying around with the idea of moving to a 3-4 possibly??????

Patterson on the nose. Abiamiri and Bunkley on the edges with Parker as a backup. and then line up graham and cole at the OLB positions?

Bradley and Fokou/Sims on the inside possibly??

That is what I was thinking.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Omar Gaither traded for a 6th rder to I think Indy. The way the FO is moving it's like the movie Soylent Green. Don't get old fellas!
          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Riley Cooper, WR, Florida.
            Cooper enjoyed an extremely productive senior year as he caught 51 passes for 961 yards in Florida’s spread offense. He is a bit of a strider that builds to speed and can struggle when he needs to sink his hips to come out of his breaks with a big burst to separate from defenders. He can struggle on his release against a good press corner and will need some work on running more precise routes. He has baseball for an option but has stated that he wants to play football first and baseball as a backup.
            Wasn't he a Phillies draft pick once?

Comment

if they switch to a 3-4 I would be super excited. this is a great defense for putting pressure on the QB and taking advantage of tweener types
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I swear to god, if we drafted a punter, the draft analysis would say "Eagles pick up an undersized punter..."

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  I swear to god, if we drafted a punter, the draft analysis would say "Eagles pick up an undersized punter..."
                  Are there any oversized DEs?
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                    Are there any oversized DEs?
                    Just Jamarcus Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                      Omar Gaither traded for a 6th rder to I think Indy. The way the FO is moving it's like the movie Soylent Green. Don't get old fellas!
                      That's a pretty risky move with Bradley coming off the knee injury. You would think that they would be a little more careful at MLB with all the poblems that they've had there for a decade.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Soylent green is linebackers!

Comment

Charles Scott, RB, LSU. 5'11", 238 lb.
                          Scott is a big, powerful back that is more of a raw power back that can move piles than an explosive punishing type of ball carrier. He is a no-nonsense ball carrier that does not dance around in the backfield and is not apt to have many negative plays in the course of a game. He missed the last three games of his senior year with a broken collarbone but it should not affect his draft status. Scott can be a punishing blocker but needs a lot of technique work for the next level. He is an adequate receiver out of the backfield but won’t be much of a factor in the downfield passing game.
                          I think this was originally Indy's pick... we got it for one of last year's 7th rounders.

Comment

Finally! We draft a back that can move piles!!! Unfortunately, it is in the sixth round of a draft. Oh well. Welcome aboard, Scotty!
                            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Charles Scott is a great pick, love this guy:

They've had a good day today. Ricky Sapp, Riley Cooper, that Clay guy from the small school and Charles Scott are all very interesting picks.

Still concerned about RCB and o-line depth in the interior (plus a backup tackle), but keeping my fingers crossed on a trade for a veteran CB.
                              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                                Is there a link for this? I can't find anything like this at all out there. The Eagles certainly didn't add any 6th round picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X