Asante Samuel injures hamstring on last day of practice at Lehigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asante Samuel injures hamstring on last day of practice at Lehigh

Doesn't sound serious, but hamstrings can suck. Hopefully it's VERY minor.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d..._practice.html

Injury news on the final day of public workouts at Lehigh: Cornerback Asante Samuel left late in this morning's practice with a hamstring injury. Samuel wasn't wearing ice and didn't seem terribly concerned later, as he exited the field house.

Cornerback Ellis Hobbs did not participate with an illness.

Tight end Cornelius Ingram was limited in practice, did some light work because of a continuing knee issue.

Running back LeSean McCoy, who missed practice yesterday, with a quad contusion, returned today.

Guard Todd Herremans rotated in.

Running back Mike Bell (hammy) remains sidelined.

Shouldn't have been talking so much!
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Nothing wrong with him. He probably just didn't feel like practicing today.

Comment

I have bad news for Cornelius Ingram fans. He's headed for the practice squad or getting cut.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
          I have bad news for Cornelius Ingram fans. He's headed for the practice squad or getting cut.

he's toast.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Ingram was the 2009 "Jack Ikegwuonu" pick.
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I'm drawing a complete blank here: who was our second te last year?

Comment

Alex Smith

Comment

No wonder I forgot him.

A few years ago he was with TB and caught 2 TDs in like the first game of the season. I picked him up on my fantasy team and he proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
                    Wow...still tentative, I guess. And he wasn't renowned for his blocking. How about his speed?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                      Nothing wrong with him. He probably just didn't feel like practicing today.
                      Exactly. Reid usually runs a tighter camp but I've noticed that he is starting to take it easier on the guys.
                      FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                        Exactly. Reid usually runs a tighter camp but I've noticed that he is starting to take it easier on the guys.
                        http://www.csnphilly.com/08/17/10/Mo...52&feedID=3041

Here's the update...

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Asante Samuel limped to his car and joked about something, clearly not distraught about what happened on the field 30 minutes earlier. No ice, no visible wrap on the hamstring that took him out of the morning's practice.

The Eagles' Pro Bowl cornerback left practice early with a left hamstring injury, the same problem that sidelined him earlier in camp and each of his previous two summers in Lehigh. Samuel missed five days in this year's training camp.

Samuel, 29, is expected to be fine. He credited the problem to old age as he left the Eagles' practice facility.

The loquacious corner was back to his usual swaggering saunter an hour later. The limp had mostly subsided, although the trademark smile didn't.

With Ellis Hobbs (illness) also sitting out Tuesday, by the end of practice the Eagles were left with Joselio Hanson and Dimitri Patterson as their starting cornerbacks.

As defensive coordinator Sean McDermott said Monday: "We do have some numbers [at cornerback], but I want to see who can play." He had the chance on Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                        X