T.O's book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep my name out yo mouf.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Ummmm,, how could it be true-- hell, he wouldn't even say good morning to most coaches........... Badda Bing........

or

well, we know it wasn't Brad Childress....... he never spoke to him.............. Badda Bing (2)

Seriously, sounds totally made up to me, or at least taken very very very very much out of context.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
        Ummmm,, how could it be true-- hell, he wouldn't even say good morning to most coaches........... Badda Bing........

or

well, we know it wasn't Brad Childress....... he never spoke to him.............. Badda Bing (2)

Seriously, sounds totally made up to me, or at least taken very very very very much out of context.
        Out of context sounds right to me. I know #5 isn't perfect, but he's about as good as they get.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Plus why would a midseason game against an AFC team be a big game? I mean we were 7-0 and Pittsburgh was 6-1, but it was still NFC v. AFC. Plus, was that bigger than the MOnday Nighter against Dallas the following week? Or the other five divisional games that year? Or was it because that was the only game we lost in the first 14.

Plus, nice to see TO took the advice of being Donovan's "friend" by stalking him and yelling in his ear at the sidelines. With Friends like TO . . . .

Count me in the crowd calling BS.

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
            I saw this post by Chief17 on PP, and I responded to it. A cut-and-paste later, and here's my response:
            ----------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Chief17
            Saw a couple of excerpts on Comcast Sportsnite.
            -An offensive coach told TO before the Steelers game in 2004 to really try to help Donovan and be a friend to him during the week because Donovan gets nervous and plays tight in big games.

Ugh. A coach said, "Really try to help Donovan and be a friend to him this week?"..."He gets nervous in big games, and this game against Pittsburgh is a big deal"?

One of the things that I liked about TO -- before things went to hell and TO acted like an inbred five-year-old -- was that I hoped his spark would help DMac focus, instead of sulking when things weren't going well. But this line...........this sounds like a petty schoolyard tease, like hockey fans trying to psych out Ron Hextall by saying "Ronnn---yyyyy.....Ronnn---yyyyy...."

I just don't buy it...if he'd said something direct and to-the-point, that would be one thing, but this sounds more like he's just going out of his way to smear his former QB's reputation...like he did with Garcia.

DMac, Garcia, Mariucci and Reid on a conference call: "What a piece of work he is........."
            Chief, like his crony gman, has always tried to stir the pot on the TO/McNabb debate with their support usually residing in the pro-TO camp and McNabb is too sensitive, pouty, whiny and over-rated opinions...

Now I do not doubt that CSN's hosts made comments like that or that they probably believe them, but I agree with you that it has all the earmarks of a cheap shot..

Chief's post before that was a pot stirrer about how TO's book was supposedly going to illuminate what happened to McNabb in the last 3 mins. of the SB...i.e. that we were finally going to hear how much of a choker and baby McNabb really is from a source within the huddle who would not be "afraid" to speak the "truth"....luckily, someone else corrected him stating that topic was NOT in TO's book and Chief backed away quickly..lol...
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Even if TO got out and said that McNabb choked, it wouldn't matter a bit. Those who think McNabb chokes are always going to be there.

All Donovan has to do is play well this season. Play well, and the monkey's off his back for that. Lead the Eagles to the SB, and he's an elite again. Win the SB, and the ESPN idiots will not have any idea where to hide.
              "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

I'm totally tired of the situation, but we are now in the dead period for sports talk radio with only baseball in season. So, get ready for the TO vs Donovan crap through training camp, especially on WIP & ESPN radio. They know the issue will stoke passion and get ratings. You have been warned, don't believe the hype.

Comment

Actually I think this is perfect timing. Everyone is on vacation for 4 weeks and nothing I've seen or heard says that OWENS said anything new vs. McNabb other than "Shut the f**k up" - which everyone who sees Owens all the time should say to him.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                    Actually I think this is perfect timing. Everyone is on vacation for 4 weeks and nothing I've seen or heard says that OWENS said anything new vs. McNabb other than "Shut the f**k up" - which everyone who sees Owens all the time should say to him.
                    Fully agree with BP-- whatever "story" there is should be long gone by the time the season starts. Sure TO will run his mouth to promote the book as will RosensharkWhur(TM) (his brother Jason is th e"other " writer).

And unless TO can prove anything new, this should die quickly---- until the first Dullass/Eagles game.

I am soooo glad that the arbitration notes will be available to remind people of just what a piece of shit TO really is and that his credibility level is even lower than Iraq's happy Bob, the public information guy they had.

Comment

Terrell Owens is misunderstood and has always been a great teammate! We demand a better contract.
                      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

The only people who are going to read this book are journalists so they can pick out the most abrasive parts and toss them in the face of all the Eagles and all the Cowboys. All the guys on the Eagles need to say nothing more than "That's all over now." I don't want to have Donnie have to have his reaction thrown back in his face again and again (black on black blah blah blah for example). Just end it. No response no matter what Asshat has ghost written for him.

Comment

That's why the "NEXT QUESTION" response would be sooooooooo great!

Comment

I just requested my review copy of the book. I can't wait to get it. I also can't wait till October 8th.

Here's a story on it from NBC10: http://www.nbc10.com/news/9474176/detail.html

Owens Trashes McNabb In New Book

NBC 10 has obtained a copy of Terrell Owens' new "tell-all" book about the Eagles, which is an extended criticism of Donovan McNabb.

The book, called "T.O.," from Simon & Schuster and is co-authored by the brother of agent Drew Rosenhaus, Jason Rosenhaus.

And not shockingly, Owens spends much of book trashing former teammate McNabb and blaming McNabb for the fallout between the two stars that led to Owens' exile from Philadelphia.

In the book, Owens paints McNabb as a hypocrite, a weak leader and someone who was jealous of Owens and blocked Owens' return to the Eagles after a four-game suspension.

And Owens paints himself as a heroic but sometimes flawed figure who was wronged by McNabb, arbitrator Richard Bloch, coach Andy Reid and the Eagles.

"I accept that I played a role in tearing apart the Eagles season, but the blame was not all mine," Owens said.

But Owens puts most of the blame on McNabb.

Owens' public criticisms of McNabb last fall directly led to the end of the All-Pro receiver's career in Philadelphia.

Giants Game Was Beginning Of Feud

In the book, Owens says it was one play in a game in a 27-6 win over the New York Giants in November 2004 that upset Owens and convinced him that McNabb was jealous.

"I couldn't believe it," Owens said about a pass play where McNabb decided not to throw him the ball. "Donovan had time to get the ball to me. … Donovan ignored me, he ignored Coach Reid's design."

Owens said he returned to the huddle and ask McNabb about the play, and McNabb responded with an obscenity to Owens in front of teammates.
                            In his opinion, Owens then knew McNabb was deeply jealous of his popularity in Philadelphia.

"I was getting so much of the Philadelphia glory that used to be his," Owens said.

Owens then said he got into a confrontation with McNabb after the Giants game in the Meadowlands locker room and running back Dorsey Levens broke up the two men.

"Donovan was never the same with me again; things were only going to get worse," Owens added.

Owens Compares Himself To Willis Reed

Owens also claims that McNabb downplayed his role on the team after that and blames McNabb for turnovers that led to the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots.

He also compares his Super Bowl performance with the legendary performance of Knicks star Willis Reed, who helped his team win a title playing on one leg.

Owens also said it was his financial advisor who inspired to get try to redo his Eagles deal.

"I wanted to send a hungry, aggressive agent into the Eagles' nest," said Owens, who hired Drew Rosenhaus.

Owens also talks about his locker room fight with former Eagles defensive end Hugh Douglas and his soured relationship with Eagles head coach Andy Reid.

Owens also said he was deeply embarrassed that he was made to apologize about comments he made to a teen journalist about McNabb and the Eagles.

And that it was his decision to not include McNabb in that public apology for saying that Brett Favre was a better player.

"I knew at the time I would pay a big price for taking a stand."

Owens then claims that McNabb forced Reid to suspend Owens for the rest of the season by publicly saying the Eagles were better off without Owens after a loss to the Redskins.

And he also claims that the "majority" of Eagles players wanted him back on team, and that Reid made an effort to bring him back after Owens' suspension was announced.

But Owens believes McNabb forced Reid to drop that effort.
                            "McNabb viewed taking me back as an affront to his control of the team," Owens said.

Owens also said he was told by a team coach to careful around McNabb because the All-Pro quarterback got "nervous and tight" in big games.

A Costly Stand

Last year, Owens was suspended by the team for his conduct and the suspension was upheld by a league-appointed arbitrator Bloch.
                            Owens' antics, including the fight with Douglas and several media interviews that criticized McNabb, literally cost him millions in lost salary and bonus money.

The receiver also lifted weights for reporters last August in his front yard in Moorestown, N.J., after he was sent home from training camp for refusing to sign autographs for fans, including children, at a media event.
                            Owens was officially released this spring by the Eagles and he signed with the Dallas Cowboys, the Birds' bitter rivals.

Dallas and Philadelphia face off on October 8 in Philadelphia.

Comment

You know what? This isn't going to be a popular opinion around here but I absolutely think McNabb was jealous of the adulation that TO got in Philly. Think about it... in YEAR 1.. we LOVED TO. There were maybe 10 people in all of Philly that didn't like him.

Comment

Yeah, things obviously fell apart after that fateful November day when just three months later TO is saying:

"A receiver is as only good as his quarterback, and I thank God for Donovan," he says.

I disagree with the idea that Donovan was jealous of TO's success. It seems logical, but it's coming from TO who believes that EVERYONE is jealous of him and therefore try to keep him down. It's part of his martyr complex.

Could you imagine TO getting in your face because he didn't get the fucking ball when you won the game by 3 TDs? Seriously, it's not like Donnie was a rookie. He had every right/reason to tell him to shut the fuck up.

TO was angry he didn't get all the adulation he wanted from Donovan. That's where the jealousy was.

Donovan was thrilled to have TO there. He lobbied for it. But then he didn't thank TO every single day for it. Boo friggin hoo.

The guy is a fucking douchebag. Yeah, I loved him, but his ego got in the way. Show me where Donovan has been the attention starved primadonna and then we can talk about HIM being the jealous one.

So, you're right, SF. Not a popular opinion - at least not with me

It's such a GMAN-thing of you to believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X