Big Red's Days are Numbered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
    The more I think about this, the more i gotta believe this decision is coming from Lurie/Banner.

This just isn't Reid's m.o.
    As much as it pains me I have to agree with LT. This is Reid. But I do have to say that I wish it was coming from above and that Reid would walk.

I think Reid is feeling some heat(no pun intended). I don't think he will be here past two years if things like last season happen again. Plus his weight/health is eventually going to get the best of him. The guy can barely breathe in interviews. He's a heart attack waiting to happen.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
      As much as it pains me I have to agree with LT.

Hah! Well, there's a first for everything.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
        You just don't like it because it blows up your carefully constructed narrative about how the Eagles always have a master plan they are adhering to.
        I usually think Reid has a plan which I still think he did but Vick's performance and Kolb's struggles during preseason and the GB game made him re-consider....I understand the decision, but do not agree with it
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          VFK - conspiracy theories aside, do you agree that this type of flip flopping is not the type of decision that Reid normally makes. It's been 11 years and this is just not his style.
          I think we are in somewhat uncharted waters here...I truly believe Reid wanted Kolb to be the starter and future, but based on what Kolb showed during the preseason and the start in the GB game combined with Vick's production the last two weeks caused him to re-consider....I do believe this is Reid's call and I understand it, but disagree it will be the right one in the end. I think he should have stayed with Kolb, seen what he could do and then switched if he continued to struggle
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
            You can only blow smoke up people's asses so long. Once the populace discovers that the emperor has no clothes, it's revolution time.
            But the "people" aren't the ones that pay his salary.

I don't think it matters if there's a revolution by the people. The people of Philly have been revolting against the Eagles for years, and a lot of good that has done us.

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
              As Hoffman said, unless Reid turns this fiasco (and it is a FIASCO) into a deep run into the playoffs, he won't have a chance at redemption in Philly...
              Remind me again why his changing his mind is a big deal? It's not like he changed his mind 5 minutes into the 1st quarter of the next game.

And I'm not sure a playoff run really affects his status. Did anyone think they had a better than 50/50 chance of getting to the playoffs anyway?

Really, now that I'm over the shock, what does he have to lose by going to Vick?

1) If Vick continues to play lights-out and they make the play-offs then who would be able to say it was the wrong decision?

2) It avoids throwing Kolb into a very difficult situation immediately.

3) If Vick is mediocre or worse, they can just as easily go back to Kolb and then suddenly there's much less pressure on Kolb to perform because it will mean they tried to win now, it didn't work and they just go back to the original plan of letting the young guys grow together.

Hey, whatever...I don't think there was a right or wrong answer here really, which is why it was probably so strongly debated.

Comment

No one in the Philly media knows anything. Hoffman says Reid wont' have a chance at redemption? It must be true!

Comment

Working...
                X