Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is (not) the only told-you-so thread I will ever start here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is (not) the only told-you-so thread I will ever start here...

Kolb can play. Give him the New York Jets offensive line and...

I watched both the Redskins and Eagles games yesterday and...

Well, let's just say Andy made the right decision.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

LOL, Kolb was a little bit better than average against arguably the worst team in the league.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

You're kind of missing the gist of my other "told you so" thread, but whatever.

I'm glad Kolb played well. He's an Eagle QB and I'm rooting for him. They needed a win and he did some good things.

I still believe Vick is easily the better choice.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
        LOL, Kolb was a little bit better than average against arguably the worst team in the league.
        No joke.

The 49'ers should have been hungry for bear. They were 0-4 and playing at home in front of a Sunday Night audience. Kolb's win was just as legitimate as Vick's wins against the Lions and Jaguars.

Put Kolb in the right situation (like with the Vikings or Jets offensive lines), and give him time to throw and he will pick apart defenses. His accuracy far exceeds DMac's.

Watched DMac yesterday and his throws were all over the place. Granted, he hit a long throw to Armstrong. However, if you take that one long throw away from him, he had a terrible day. Worm-burners all over the place!!!

Three years from now, Kolb will be coming into his own, DMac will be history, and there will be no debate. Measurements always have to look to the future!
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
          No joke.

The 49'ers should have been hungry for bear. They were 0-4 and playing at home in front of a Sunday Night audience. Kolb's win was just as legitimate as Vick's wins against the Lions and Jaguars.

Put Kolb in the right situation (like with the Vikings or Jets offensive lines), and give him time to throw and he will pick apart defenses. His accuracy far exceeds DMac's.

Watched DMac yesterday and his throws were all over the place. Granted, he hit a long throw to Armstrong. However, if you take that one long throw away from him, he had a terrible day. Worm-burners all over the place!!!

Three years from now, Kolb will be coming into his own, DMac will be history, and there will be no debate. Measurements always have to look to the future!
          I watched that game too and 5 looked pretty darned good. He still makes throws that others only can dream about. He had a couple bad throws, but he made enough to cost me 100 bucks! Damn.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
            Kolb wasn't astounding, but the SF defense is not one of the worst in the league. Last week they essentially held Atlanta to 13 points in the Georgia dome, except for the late fumble on an INT return.

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
              No joke.

I'll still take Vick over a guy who may come into his own in three years, when he is pushing 30.

Just look at the guy on the other side of the ball last night for the Niners. They've been waiting for Alex Smith to "get it" for six years now.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I watched that game too and 5 looked pretty darned good. He still makes throws that others only can dream about. He had a couple bad throws, but he made enough to cost me 100 bucks! Damn.
                5 did not look good. The game winning FG was set up by an interception, Mcnabb didn't earn it. And he was basically playing against a second string defense, as Green Bay had tons of injuries. When Matthews was playing in the first half, Mcnabb did nothing.

Comment

It was all McNabb's fault when the team did not come back while he was here. No excuses. Now his team comes back & he didn't have a thing to do with it. Now there are all sorts of excuses why he had nothing to do with it. I can't make this shit up.

Comment

McNabb did look good, you hater. LOL!

Is it so hard to accept that the guy is/was a good QB?
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by KevinKolb4SB View Post
                      5 did not look good. The game winning FG was set up by an interception, Mcnabb didn't earn it. And he was basically playing against a second string defense, as Green Bay had tons of injuries. When Matthews was playing in the first half, Mcnabb did nothing.
                      Well Mr. Superbowl, he's got them to 3-2 and in first place as they are 2-0 in the division. All he did last year was light it up for a franchise scoring record. I was wondering when you would show up. Your head has been in the sand watching your boy up until last night.

Comment

Kolb can play in this league. If it is not here, it will be with somebody else.

Vick is playing out of his mind and is something special right now. I am thrilled as can be that we have 2 guys that can move this team if called upon. I wish that we could have the same situation next year. Unfortunately, that won't be the case when you have 2 guys on one team that that think they are starters.

I thank McNabb for everything that he gave us in the past. But, his time has come and gone. The Redskins have been VERY lucky to be 3-2. BTW, McNabb is currently behind both Vick and Kolb in the QB rating department. And, that includes Kolb's 1st game debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                          I'll still take Vick over a guy who may come into his own in three years, when he is pushing 30.
                          LOL - Didn't Vick turn 30 this season?

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                          Just look at the guy on the other side of the ball last night for the Niners. They've been waiting for Alex Smith to "get it" for six years now.
                          I agree - I dont want to be having a Kolb debate in 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                            Kolb can play in this league. If it is not here, it will be with somebody else.

Vick is playing out of his mind and is something special right now. I am thrilled as can be that we have 2 guys that can move this team if called upon. I wish that we could have the same situation next year. Unfortunately, that won't be the case when you have 2 guys on one team that that think they are starters.

I thank McNabb for everything that he gave us in the past. But, his time has come and gone. The Redskins have been VERY lucky to be 3-2. BTW, McNabb is currently behind both Vick and Kolb in the QB rating department. And, that includes Kolb's 1st game debacle.
                            Pliny. When teams win a super bowl, they PLAY OUT OF THEIR MINDS!!!!!!!!! Really, my only complaint about Kolb is that he reminds me of the little guy Pennington who had no arm. Smart player, but didn't have the tools. It's tough for DJ to light it up if the guy can't get it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              It's tough for DJ to light it up if the guy can't get it to him.
                              I don't worry about players who won't be with the team after next year. He needs to get it to Maclin and Celek.

Comment

Working...
                              X