No announcement yet.

Eagles GDT: Wild Card Game - Eagles vs. Packers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh well,guess I'll get ready to watch Hank Moody and see if there is some skin on the season opener
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Downer When I look back at my expectations for the season, it was a fun year.

Comment

• this result shouldn't surprise me, but I'm still depressed
        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

• I think we need an O tackle too

Comment

• Justice should slide inside. Dunlap really looks good.

Remember, we get Jamal Jackson back again. He may be made of paper mache now but we get him back.

We also will get back:

Weaver - is that right?? Knee injury?
            Bradley - if we bring him back
            Allen - I hope
            Graham - maybe he'll be ok in year two
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
              And then.....depression set in.

Being a confirmed pessimist and with all the big injuries and inexperience on D especially, I'm not surprised we lost. The real bitch is the game was there to be won even with 5 or 6 major fuck ups:

Akers' two whiffs
              Andy going for the FG on 4th and 1
              Avants' 2 successive drops
              AR's TO call
              Celek stepping OB on the 2 pt try
              And the generally awful tackling on HOF RB Starks.

Comment

• Maybe next season we will discover a running game. Early April's Fool joke

Comment

• Trying to be positive but we have seen this ending waaaaaaaaaaay too many times! A pick to end it. Akers choking. Dumb penalties! Bone headed mistakes. Strange playcalls and bad defense. it has to stop.
                  I miss Philly!

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    Justice should slide inside. Dunlap really looks good.

Remember, we get Jamal Jackson back again. He may be made of paper mache now but we get him back.

We also will get back:

Allen - I hope

Weaver has gotm to be done! That was an awful knee/leg injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                      Justice should slide inside. Dunlap really looks good.

We also will get back:

Allen - I hope

I don't know how much Jackson we will get back. I hope we get Bradley back. I got an early Christmas gift with his name on it. Of course, the first time I wear it he goes down for the season.

Comment

• KCAS.

I'm with you.

I'm not sure how many more times I can invest myself in these guys and get kicked in the nuts again.

I'm pretty much done with football after the BCS title game tomorrow night. Probably won't watch the rest of the playoffs... it is just too hard.
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

• I love watching the Eagles and my expectations were exceeded but at some point this insanity has to stop. No McNabb to blame this year but once again the same problems arise. And it starts at the top. The problems do not change year to year. Dfense under JJ or Mcdermott comes up small. A no name RB runs right through them. Defense can get a stop at key times. ST play doesnt change under April or Rory. Akers misses a key FG. two this time. At some point this just isnt fun. Tired of watching this movie with the same bad ending.
                          I miss Philly!

Comment

• It's not the same. The problems are different. Our Oline used to be a solid strength, and out playmakers were of a lesser variety. Now we have better skill position receivers, and an Oline that is hideous. Equal failure, different weaknesses.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Well it's going to be a long year and a half wait for the next Eagles game.
                              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• Originally posted by kcas31 View Post
                                I love watching the Eagles and my expectations were exceeded but at some point this insanity has to stop. No McNabb to blame this year but once again the same problems arise. And it starts at the top. The problems do not change year to year. Dfense under JJ or Mcdermott comes up small. A no name RB runs right through them. Defense can get a stop at key times. ST play doesnt change under April or Rory. Akers misses a key FG. two this time. At some point this just isnt fun. Tired of watching this movie with the same bad ending.

I feel the same way, although I'm used to them winning a game or two in the playoffs first.

All that being said, I came into the season with just one wish:

PLEASE DON'T LET THE DALLAS COWBOYS WIN THE SUPER BOWL IN THEIR OWN STADIUM.

So, yeah, we didn't win it all but at least we knocked every other NFC East team out.

So now it will be a New England-Atlanta, or New England-Chicago, or New England-Green Bay Super Bowl . . .
                                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X