• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Redskins have now officially exhausted all places to find hope

http://www.hogshaven.com/2011/2/12/1...o-says-history

A NFL Stoppage Guarantees a Redskins Super Bowl...So Says History

by Kevin Ewoldt on Feb 12, 2011 12:21 PM EST in Redskins Analysis

Is a 2011 lockout a blessing in disguise for the Redskins? Hear me out.

The only other two years football was delayed (strikes), 1982 and 1987, the Redskins won Super Bowls!!

In 1982, the Redskins were coming off a season where they finished last in the NFC East with a 8-8 record. The players went on strike and seven games were cancelled. The Redskins wound up the regular season at 8-1 and defeated the Dolphins in Super Bowl XVII, 27-17.

Translation to 2011: When have the Redskins ever started a season strong? In 2010, we lost 2 of our first 3 and went on to embarrassing losses to the Rams and Lions. In 2009, we started 2-6. Eliminating the beginning part of the schedule is exactly what we need to be competitive! Less margin for teams to pull away!

In 1987, the Redskins were coming off a 10-6 season when the players went on strike. One game was cancelled and three other games were played with replacement players. The Redskins wound up the regular season with an 11-4 record and defeated the Broncos in Super Bowl XXII 42-10.

Translation to 2011: Figuring the Skins always have a tough opening week draw, recently against NFC opponents where we're 1-2 our last 3, scrap that game. Replacement players? That pretty much sums up the Dan Snyder era. The roster was overhauled last off-season and I expect another 15% at least this year. SUPER BOWL.
    I'm going to get fitted for my Super Bowl ring now.

Wow I can see Snyder's new marketing campaign, "History will repeat itself! We're so sure that we're bringing home another Lombardi Trophy that we're raising ticket prices by 50% and doubling parking fees!"
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I love watching the Redskins and their idiots fans suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        I love watching the Redskins and their idiots fans suffer.
        Meeee tooooo, Brother. Meeeee tooooo.

Living where I live, I dealt with that fanbase when they were winning multiple championships. Hail to the Redskins, Plastic Hog noses, and all that $hit. And, of course the Eagles failed to ever get passed them in the playoffs.

So, I am enjoying their current suffering tremendously. After dealing with things like the Guy in France not giving Buddy the money to sign Wilber Marshall, and watching JKC just hand over the cash like it was nothing, it pleases me to see Daniel Snyder running the Redskins into the ground, while screwing the fans out of every single penny he possibly can.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
          Meeee tooooo, Brother. Meeeee tooooo.

Living where I live, I dealt with that fanbase when they were winning multiple championships. Hail to the Redskins, Plastic Hog noses, and all that $hit. And, of course the Eagles failed to ever get passed them in the playoffs.

So, I am enjoying their current suffering tremendously. After dealing with things like the Guy in France not giving Buddy the money to sign Wilber Marshall, and watching JKC just hand over the cash like it was nothing, it pleases me to see Daniel Snyder running the Redskins into the ground, while screwing the fans out of every single penny he possibly can.
          I second that......

Comment

Originally posted by chickyoung View Post
            I second that......

Here's a third......down with the Deadstinks!
            Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Working...
            X