Very worried about Maclin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very worried about Maclin

Lots of rumors flying around, including one very disturbing one about lymph cancer. Big Red will only describe Maclin's situation as an "illness."

http://www.phillyburbs.com/sports/ea...d4e6b1265.html

This doesn't sound good at all.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

where are you getting that at LT? i gotta tell you that mono symptoms can mimic cancer. i think that is what they thought that kenechi udeze kid had a few years ago after the vikings drafted him.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      where are you getting that at LT? i gotta tell you that mono symptoms can mimic cancer. i think that is what they thought that kenechi udeze kid had a few years ago after the vikings drafted him.

I'm just looking at the same boards everyone else does, Bleeding Green Nation, Iggles Blitz, reading comments, worrying about rumors. It's all just rumors right now.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

It may be optimistic thinking on my part, but I would think that if the Birds were aware that Maclin had a serious illness that could well impact the 2011 season, that they would have gone ofter a WO in free agency.

Comment

I agree with your concern. Anyone excused from camp this long and stories of mono do make you wonder if something more serious is going on. I really hope that is not the case

Comment

Mono knocks the shit out of you, I can see if he had a relapse it causing the concern its causing.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Tino...that is a great point that I didn't think about.

You would have to think that if the Birds KNEW or thought there was a possibility he would be out they might be after Moss or Burress a little bit harder. Or, trying to trade for Steve Smith.

That said, I will be happy when we find out more about this mysterious illness and can move forward.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Dunno about getting another "name" WR. Seems we have brought in several to compete, and we have a Moss here already that may factor in to their feling tht they dont HAVE to do anything there.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  Tino...that is a great point that I didn't think about.

You would have to think that if the Birds KNEW or thought there was a possibility he would be out they might be after Moss or Burress a little bit harder. Or, trying to trade for Steve Smith.

That said, I will be happy when we find out more about this mysterious illness and can move forward.
                  Maybe Moss isn't out of the picture yet. I haven't heard one word about him.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Maybe Moss isn't out of the picture yet. I haven't heard one word about him.

Welp

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora floats the idea of free agent Randy Moss landing with the Eagles.

Comment

I actually would be absolutely ecstatic if Moss was an Eagle on a 2-year deal as long as he understood his role.

Moss is a Hall of Famer...or at least appears to be a Hall of Famer. But, he has NO SUPER BOWL and that is something I would imagine he desperately wants.

Yes, he wants to be paid, but he also wants to win. If Maclin/Jackson are issues, I could see Mike Vick getting on the phone to Moss and saying come here you can catch 60 balls and 9 TDs and we can get a title. Moss would do that I think.

If that phone call doesn't work, then perhaps a similar phone call to Steve Smith.

Still, if Maclin's illness was serious and season or career threatening I just don't see the Birds putting this much money into other positions on defense. Still, I will be VERY happy when Desean and Maclin are back in camp.

Comment

I just hope Maclin just has mono. He'll get over that eventually, and return to form, although it may impact his entire season.

One of my good friend's son caught mono, and couldn't shake it. Turned out he had a genetic mutation called XLP (x linked lymphoproliferative disorder) The only cure for that is a bone marrow transplant.

He didn't make it.

Comment

As others have suggested, mono alone is a seriously debilitating illness for the average guy living an average life. For an elite athlete, it can have a devastating impact and make performance at a competitive level impossible for an extended period. If this is indeed a recurrence/relapse it would, I believe, put much if not all of the 2011 season in question.

We would all like to get more information on Maclin's health status. Historically, the Reid/Banner era Birds have provided such info grudgingly.

For me, this has cast a shadow over a weekend of monumentally good news for the Birds (and Phillies). It's not just the Eagles' SB aspirations were talking about. God forbid this fine young man have a really serious illness.

Comment

keep in mind the "possibility" that Maclin and his agent may be careful about not letting too much out to the Eagles as well. As it could affect roster moves and Maclins future as well.

again, I hope it is just mono

Comment

8/01/11 Update...

Jeremy Maclin is still not at Eagles training camp due to an illness.

Maclin battled a mono-like illness and lost 15 pounds after last season. Coach Andy Reid declined to say if that issue is still lingering with Maclin, making this a strange situation. "This is a personal thing and I can't go any further than that," Reid said. We'll only start to really get worried if Maclin isn't in camp by next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X