Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thread (when you just don't feel like starting a thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so... you're not a Jane Seymour fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
      so... you're not a Jane Seymour fan?
      I didn't think it showed.

Comment

• grandmilf
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by musicman View Post
          grandmilf
          There are plenty of older women I find sexy and attractive. Seymour is not one. She was passable when much younger and before I came to realize what a totally unprincipled, grubbing gutter slut she was. I don't mind has beens hawking merchandise so they can put gas in their Bentleys. Just don't use obvious, sentimentalized lies as part of you shameless pitch.

Comment

• I just signed my son up for the 2013 Tee ball season which starts in April. It's just tee-ball and I 'm really stupid but I'm so damned proud!! He'll be taking the field for the first time next Spring and I can't wait! The start of a new athletic career is on the horizon boys! I have a distant cousin who played third base for the Phillies in the early 50's and then went to the Cards for a number of years. Let's hope my son got that gene since the Phils will be looking for a new 3rd baseman after Young's contract is up next year. He'll be 6 by then and with a year of tee-ball under his belt, he should be ready to take over as a starter at the hot corner. Woo Hoo!! Look out MLB, Jukin Jr will be taking over!!!
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukin View Post
              I just signed my son up for the 2013 Tee ball season which starts in April. It's just tee-ball and I 'm really stupid but I'm so damned proud!! He'll be taking the field for the first time next Spring and I can't wait! The start of a new athletic career is on the horizon boys! I have a distant cousin who played third base for the Phillies in the early 50's and then went to the Cards for a number of years. Let's hope my son got that gene since the Phils will be looking for a new 3rd baseman after Young's contract is up next year. He'll be 6 by then and with a year of tee-ball under his belt, he should be ready to take over as a starter at the hot corner. Woo Hoo!! Look out MLB, Jukin Jr will be taking over!!!
              Was the cousins' name Willie Jones? 'Pudin Head' was a staple at 3rd for the Phils from '49 to '61. Reliable fielder and a decent hitter with some with some pop. Finished his career with the Reds I believe.

I started going to Phillies' games in 1950 with my dad and brothers. Saw Willie park more than a couple in the friendly left field bleachers at Shibe Park/Connie Mack Stadium.

Comment

• Somehow a dude named puding head would be related to jukin.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  Somehow a dude named puding head would be related to jukin.
                  sounds like someone with a history of concussions.I know, I'm sorry
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• My wife is making me watch Rock of Ages!

As Brando said in that Cambodian cave... "The horror."
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                      Was the cousins' name Willie Jones? 'Pudin Head' was a staple at 3rd for the Phils from '49 to '61. Reliable fielder and a decent hitter with some with some pop. Finished his career with the Reds I believe.

I started going to Phillies' games in 1950 with my dad and brothers. Saw Willie park more than a couple in the friendly left field bleachers at Shibe Park/Connie Mack Stadium.

Close but not quite tino. Puddin' Head would have been way too well known.

Comment

• Last night at dinner at the Jukin house went something like this....

5 Year old child: "Daddy, what's the first thing Elves learn in school?"

Father: "Uhm, well, uh, I guess it's how to use the power tools safely to build the toys."

Child: "Huh?"

Father: "Sure. Then on the second day they learn how to suture the wounds of the Elves who didn't pay attention on the first day."

Child: "No! The first thing the Elves learn in school is the Elf-abet!"

Father: "Oh of course! That's funny. Eat your peas."

Child: "Who's the most famous Elf Daddy?"

Father: "I guess that would be Ernie the one who makes the cookies..... or was he the one who escaped and became a Dentist? I think Ernie is the most famous Elf."

Child: "No!! It's Elfis Pressley!"

Father: "That's really funny! Now eat your peas. "

Child: "Knock knock."

Father to Mother: "Make it stop...."

Mother: "Don't blame me - he's your son."

Child: "KNOCK KNOCK!"

Mother: "Who's there?"

Child: "Donut."

Father: "This can't be good. Donut who?"

Child: "Donut open until Christmas!!!"

Father: "Please, eat your peas. Please?"

Child: "You said 'peas please' -- That's funny!"

Father: "I guess I deserve this......"

Mother: "Yes you do. But I certainly don't!!"

Sadly, even though he's only 5 his material is better than mine!

Comment

• Juk. Our daughter tells the knock knock orange you glad i didnt say banana joke 15 times a day.
                          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

• Yeah I get that one too. I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything!

Comment

• Jukin, your cousin, Tommy Glaviano, has his hands upside down on the bat. You might want to tell him - could help his average.
                              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

• Thanks stock. I'd let him know but he died in 2004. Where the hell were you when you could have helped? (For the record he was a righty so that was the follow through. Not sure why the did the picture that way but it was a different era so who knows what they were thinking.)
                                Last edited by Jukin; 12-12-2012, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X