Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thread (when you just don't feel like starting a thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post

Okay so here is another map. Supposedly shows fan locations somehow tied to facebook. Of course I am not tech enough to know that so here is the link
    How can anyone look at this map without concluding that the right thing to do is
    to return Texas to the sovereignty of Mexico.

Comment

• Another week, another tie at the top of the pool.

I need SF to win (although I doubt anyone is picking STL tonight) and I need total score to be 44 pts.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        Another week, another tie at the top of the pool.

I need SF to win (although I doubt anyone is picking STL tonight) and I need total score to be 44 pts.
        Saw what you needed. So I turned the game on and things didn't look good for the total... 24-17 with a minute to go.
        But I was undeterred! The 2nd play I watch with under a minute to go, a rookie DB picks off Davis and runs it in to make the score 31-17.

I think I need at least 20%!

Comment

• Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
          Saw what you needed. So I turned the game on and things didn't look good for the total... 24-17 with a minute to go.
          But I was undeterred! The 2nd play I watch with under a minute to go, a rookie DB picks off Davis and runs it in to make the score 31-17.

I think I need at least 20%!
          unbelievable wasn't it? it was the only way for me to win and those fuckers pulled it off. I ended up splitting the pot with someone who had 52 points as the total.

Comment

• Guys, I am a board member on the NJ State and local AIA Chapters. We are corporate partners with Joseph A. Banks and every once in a while they give us special deals. I received the email below for anyone looking to buy a new suit. Every Spring they run a buy 1 get 2 free promotion, but the corporate partners have a Fall version for buy 1 get 3 free. If you're looking for a new suit it's worth checking them out. Hugo Boss suits are typically about $600-800 so this deal drops the price per suit to $150-200. You need to print this pout and bring it with you and you'll need to tell them that you are an AIA (The American Institute of Architects) Affiliate Member for the West Jersey Chapter. They'll ask you for an email address but you can just give them Stock's email, he won't mind getting an extra 50 spam messages a day!

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukin View Post
              Hugo Boss suits are typically about $600-800 so this deal drops the price per suit to $150-200.
              That is a great deal! Boss suits are very nicely tailored. Had several when I was still working.

Now suits just collect dust in the closet. They come out now only for weddings and funerals. Otherwise I'd jump on this deal.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing jukin. Luckily I don't have to wear suits to work. I could use a new sport coat though.

Comment

• I prefer shorts and a wife beater.

I still fit in the same suit I got married in 23 years ago. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that suit.....of course, I only wear it about once a year. A black suit with a light pinstripe never goes out of style...just change up the tie once in a while. LOL!

Good deal for those forced to wear monkeysuits!
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Thanks, Jukin! Now I am getting 3 spam emails for every 1 that I once received!
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

• Update on Miss Cloud

Cloud is now a little over 4 months and just a pinch under 5 lbs.

At the Vets urging, she was spayed this morning. He explained that it was a good idea to do the procedure before her estrous cycles began even though she never leaves the house.

She had an uncomplicated umbilical hernia that was also corrected today, so her surgical wound is a little longer and more painful than with spaying alone. Even with pain medication, she was too active to roam free in the master bedroom, so she now is in a very large dog crate on the bed next to me. (Gail is in another room with Sweeney.) She's not thrilled with the crate deal, but she needs to get used to it because she'll be in a large crate when we drive to Florida. (That's Cloud who will be in the crate, not Gail...although that's a thought!)

Cloud and Sweeney have spent time next to one another in crates. She would like to be buddies. He remains intrigued but also clearly inclined toward aggressive terrier behavior. We will continue to work on this because I'm intent on keeping her.

I've explained to my wife, who is also very fond of Cloud but is more practical than I, that both Chinese and Native American culture dictate that if you save someone's life you are then responsible for that life. So we have no choice! So it is written, so it shall be.

BTW Mike, the blue eyes turned amber in a matter of days at about 12 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                        Cloud is now a little over 4 months and just a pinch under 5 lbs.

At the Vets urging, she was spayed this morning. He explained that it was a good idea to do the procedure before her estrous cycles began even though she never leaves the house.

She had an uncomplicated umbilical hernia that was also corrected today, so her surgical wound is a little longer and more painful than with spaying alone. Even with pain medication, she was too active to roam free in the master bedroom, so she now is in a very large dog crate on the bed next to me. (Gail is in another room with Sweeney.) She's not thrilled with the crate deal, but she needs to get used to it because she'll be in a large crate when we drive to Florida. (That's Cloud who will be in the crate, not Gail...although that's a thought!)

Cloud and Sweeney have spent time next to one another in crates. She would like to be buddies. He remains intrigued but also clearly inclined toward aggressive terrier behavior. We will continue to work on this because I'm intent on keeping her.

I've explained to my wife, who is also very fond of Cloud but is more practical than I, that both Chinese and Native American culture dictate that if you save someone's life you are then responsible for that life. So we have no choice! So it is written, so it shall be.

BTW Mike, the blue eyes turned amber in a matter of days at about 12 weeks.
                        you ol' softy, won't be long till we see Sweeney and cloud in your avatar Pic
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Gret to hear tino. Cloud has a blessed life ahead, I am sure.

I know my little Jax here in my avatar is blessed...and spoiled rotten. In my next life, I want to come back as a cat!
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Change of pace--- anyone wanting to know when winter was coming can rest easy. It is here
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                              Change of pace--- anyone wanting to know when winter was coming can rest easy. It is here

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Come on down, boys! The only thing cold here is the beer!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X