I don't see Spags coming here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
    I understand, I just don't know that that is true. Do you think Spags has more consideration for Juan then Reid does? I think Spags will hear Andy out.

As for the other side of this discussion, I don't disagree with you either, Blitz. I don't know that moving to SPags is necessarily going to fix the problems on this team, and I acknowledge that the offense needs to be more consistent, and stop turning the ball over. If we don't get these turnovers in check, nothing else matters.

That was the point of my "wise ass" comment. It's pure speculation and nothing else behind it. Nothing.
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

It could not have setup better to bail Andy out of the Castillo debacle. Spags comes free and he's yours.

And yet. Here we are again. Know it all Reid will be loyal to Castillo.

Can anyone - anyone - see Juan Castillo stopping Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game?

It's laughable.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

The fact that Johnnie Lynn was canned indicates that Juan will not be fired. If they were going to bring in a new defensive coordinator, they would let him make the decisions as to which assistants he would like to keep. So, I would bet that Juan is here to stay.

Oh well, next year both Andy and Juan get fired!
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Not sure this is the case. Spags is on a vacation with his family. He's out of the country. Lynn may have had a job opportunity elsewhere knowing what the tea leaves look like. The fact Andy hasn't come out in support of Juan for this long to me says he's making a change.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
            Not sure this is the case. Spags is on a vacation with his family. He's out of the country. Lynn may have had a job opportunity elsewhere knowing what the tea leaves look like. The fact Andy hasn't come out in support of Juan for this long to me says he's making a change.
            * I'm hoping. Jason Lacanforna has tweeted that Spags looks like the d-coord annoucement this week for Eagles.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Lurie made a comment in his press conference last week that hasn't gotten much attention. He was asked about Castillo and said that it would be Andy's call to make, but he went on to say that they had plans for the DC last year and (paraphrasing) "things happened and Andy became interested in Juan for the position" When he said that it made me think that they couldn't get the guys they wanted and were left with a void that had to be filled. They likely considered Juan more because of the circumstances than because they wanted him to to the job. It explains the complete support the FO has given him when everyone else has been screaming for his head.

I feel pretty certain that if this is the case Juan will be replaced but not fired.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Goddamnit, why isn't Spags hired yet?
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

He's on vacation. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                    He's on vacation. Seriously.

I know, I don't care!
                    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

If we can let Dawk go while on vacation, we can hire Spags on vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                        Goddamnit, why isn't Spags hired yet?
                        thinking about taking a year off from coaching...MAYBE.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/eagles...906&feedID=692

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                          thinking about taking a year off from coaching...MAYBE.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/eagles...906&feedID=692

Are we going to pay head coaching money to bring Spags here? I don't think so.
                          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Rumors and Rumbling on 97.5, that he may be on staff by Friday. Stay Tuned!

Comment

Jason LaCanfora at NFL Network saying the same thing:
                              http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...137019633.html

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                                Jason LaCanfora at NFL Network saying the same thing:
                                http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...137019633.html

Just heard that NFLN reported this too .. (can't find link).

Maybe he'll be the OC and Marty is out?

Comment

Working...
                                X